CyberPunk 2077

I brought it for Xbox One S and yeah the graphics aren't great. I've encountered a few clipping issues and the game tends to semi second freeze every now and then usually in an area populated by a lot of NPCs. Its better then I expected given some of the comments I saw on reddit from other X1 players at launch. The city is full of life and that's really important for me. Given that I plan to buy an X next year for the next Forza I don't mind playing the game until the free next gen patch drops.

I am so disappointed that CP2077 does not have third person. I thought there was switch between first and third person. I have motion sickness to playing first person. *sighing*

Seeing @JoshB1984 post ... Is this really just a first person only game ? I guess its the same across all platforms ?
Never looked too much into this game because I have been run over by the hype train too many times before, had an urge to get it on PC today though as I want something new to play.... but if its locked as first person across all platforms I guess I can save myself some money.

No option to play in 3rd person is the only thing stopping me getting this. That or a VR option (I can only play 1st person games in VR, can't do it on flatscreen), though I imagine this game in VR would bring almost any system to it's knees...

So I seem to have a 'problem'.

I got my pre-order download for Cyberpunk 2077 from the PSN store on the 8th December so the game is all ready to play but I cannot see a PS5 version of the game and when I check My PlayStation game library it only shows I have the PS4 version and a search on my PS5 and the PSN website do not show the 'PS5' version.

Am confused since I expected it would download both versions of the game and I only want to play the PS5 version since I have the console.

Any idea's, Sony support said I should wait and try and download it today but still can't see it on the store...

I got my pre-order download for Cyberpunk 2077 from the PSN store on the 8th December so the game is all ready to play but I cannot see a PS5 version of the game and when I check My PlayStation game library it only shows I have the PS4 version and a search on my PS5 and the PSN website do not show the 'PS5' version.

Am confused since I expected it would download both versions of the game and I only want to play the PS5 version since I have the console.

Any idea's, Sony support said I should wait and try and download it today but still can't see it on the store...

There isn't a PS5 version of the game until next year; free update.

There isn't a PS5 version of the game until next year; free update.

OK...I was under the impression that both versions were to be available at launch as there's a whole big thread on rededit about the PS5 version being available but it had to be 'manually downloaded'.

I'm guessing they must be thinking the PS5 version is out but in actual fact they're downloading only PS4.

Oh well, I'll have to wait then, the reason I don't want to play it on my PS4 or with 60 FPS on PS5 is because whilst it looks great I want to see the next gen version before I play the PS4 playthrough as plan is I'm gonna play the female character on PS5 then do the male character on PS4 as a 'replay' later.

I was all hyped for this but some things came up so I will give it a few days but I will be getting it soon. It has posted some massive numbers on steam with concurrent players over 1 million! and that's not including all the people who bought it from GOG(I will buy from there so CDPR get 100% of the money)

Started my Corpo Netrunner playthrough on PS5 last night. Just finished the (very short) lifepath mission. Nothing too special yet.
Overall, it doesn't look as bad as some mentioned on PS5 (decent looking game by PS4 standards, but no TLOU2) and runs at 60 fps.
Good enough that I'm not going to hold off on the next-gen patch that will probably take 6-8 months.

Something's not quite right with HDR implementation though. No matter what, the blacks don't seem to be perfect blacks on my LG OLED.
I've tried to tweak settings, but it still seems like blacks are elevated. Hopefully this will be addressed at some point.
Anyway, look forward to getting some more time with it at lunch break, hopefully.

Last edited:
I am so disappointed that CP2077 does not have third person. I thought there was switch between first and third person. I have motion sickness to playing first person. *sighing*
Is there no way to adjust the FOV either?

Is there no way to adjust the FOV either?
There's a FOV slider in the graphics settings

upload_2020-12-10_11-52-17.png

I wasn't expecting much from the base last gen consoles but from what I've seen from some honest videos I can't believe how badly optimized it seems for a game that was teased before the Ps4 was released and for a game that was supposed to be released even before next gen consoles were announced. I want to buy it but I'm still thinking I might as well wait until I move to next gen consoles...

And it arrived. I will load it to get the installation and updates ready, so I can get started after work. I might aim to do a quicker playthrough now and wait for the upgrade to do another.

That's odd ,I pre-ordered off of PS store as well , downloaded on Dec 8th on PS 4 ,then started up PS 5 and it was there as well so i downloaded it again, played on PS 4 for a couple hours, started up PS 5 and checked to see if it had my PS 4 progress there but it's a fresh game, so i basically have 2 copies of the game. And the PS 5 didn't need the 28 gb d/l, EB games told me the PS 5 version with ray tracing and 120 fps will be released next year.

Something's not quite right with HDR implementation though. No matter what, the blacks don't seem to be perfect blacks on my LG OLED.
I've tried to tweak settings, but it still seems like blacks are elevated. Hopefully this will be addressed at some point.

The HDR appears to be broken, most games look great on my TV but Cyberpunk is either too dark across the entire image or is balanced in the light and mid areas but has really washed out blacks. A lot of people are reporting the same thing on reddit. It doesn't help that the menu explains absolutely nothing about what the settings actually do!

I've spent about 2 hours in it so far with 2 crashes and 1 other bug appearing. Visually it is beautiful for a PS4 game! The city feels really alive and atmospheric which was one of my main concerns.

Last edited:
That's odd ,I pre-ordered off of PS store as well , downloaded on Dec 8th on PS 4 ,then started up PS 5 and it was there as well so i downloaded it again, played on PS 4 for a couple hours, started up PS 5 and checked to see if it had my PS 4 progress there but it's a fresh game, so i basically have 2 copies of the game. And the PS 5 didn't need the 28 gb d/l, EB games told me the PS 5 version with ray tracing and 120 fps will be released next year.
I would be surprised if Cyberpunk ever gets a 120 Hz mode. I’m not even sure if see a 60 fps ray tracing mode as it seems to be a challenge on most titles, so it may end up with 4k/30 ray tracing, and dynamic 4k/60 performance modes.

No option to play in 3rd person is the only thing stopping me getting this. That or a VR option (I can only play 1st person games in VR, can't do it on flatscreen), though I imagine this game in VR would bring almost any system to it's knees...
Agreed. Looks like it could be fun, but first person is a deal breaker for me.

The game looks absolutely stunning if you have the power to run it]
I've got all the parts for my new PC build finally.

20201210_105138[13767].jpg

Managed to get an out of case build done at lunchtime to test it all worked and that the BIOS update I did was sucessful. All good and got Windows installed while I was at it. I've done a bit of work with the case this evening. Will finish the build tonight/tomorrow morning before work then give this game a try and try some overclocking and fine tuning.

I think that review has been called into question for it's credibility after the reviews in a discussion said she didn't do many side quests, didn't craft anything, didn't change clothes etc. Make of that what you will.

Personally I'm expecting a flawed genius of the game world, a lot of bugs but a very good experience otherwise.

The base PS4 runs at 720p and the T-AA performs poorly at this low resolution. It maxes at 30 fps (v-sync) and can drop down to 20 fps while it stutters as it streams in assets. In a lot of combat, it can be in the high 10s. They mention that GTA V also dropped down to the mid 20s on the PS3. The game crashes when it gets intense. They're running it on patch 1.02.

Meanwhile, the PS4 Pro maxes at a dynamic resolution of 2112 by 1188 (55% of 4K) and can dip down to 1728 by 972 (45% of 4K). The game hits 30 fps more on the Pro than the base. When it gets to the most intense moments, it drops to the low 20s.

I've got all the parts for my new PC build finally.

View attachment 977503

Managed to get an out of case build done at lunchtime to test it all worked and that the BIOS update I did was sucessful. All good and got Windows installed while I was at it. I've done a bit of work with the case this evening. Will finish the build tonight/tomorrow morning before work then give this game a try and try some overclocking and fine tuning.

I think that review has been called into question for it's credibility after the reviews in a discussion said she didn't do many side quests, didn't craft anything, didn't change clothes etc. Make of that what you will.

Personally I'm expecting a flawed genius of the game world, a lot of bugs but a very good experience otherwise.
You won't regret it. 👍

===

So far only about seven hours playtime. Not a single crash, did not notice any bugs or annoying glitches. Fingers crossed.
What a gorgeous looking and playing RPG on my PC. In the beginning overwhelming with all the tasks. Try to keep my head together and finish mission by mission.

For me its a wait and see game. The bugs sound game breaking and bad.

In six months when its finished then yeah maybe get it but even then im not seeing deus ex level of greatness.

Projects this ambitious are never gonna go off without a hitch. Its clear some point around 2017/2018 they knew it was hitting for next gen and shifted the focus to that. The most recent delays were about trying to optimise the lower end console versions. The red flags were there regarding the base console struggling, so for me personally its no surprise. Though I can fully understand the frustrations of others.

Its a shame, there was an opportunity for greatness and for a killer next gen title. The next gen patch won't hit till 2021 and the base versions suck. They should have ditched the base versions completely and thrown everything into next gen. Sometimes the big risks pay off and I feel in this situation it would have been a good move.

I'll still buy it as soon as I have a PS5. Hopefully by then some patches will fix some of the bugs and issues and will have a good playthrough.

You won't regret it. 👍

===

So far only about seven hours playtime. Not a single crash, did not notice any bugs or annoying glitches. Fingers crossed.
What a gorgeous looking and playing RPG on my PC. In the beginning overwhelming with all the tasks. Try to keep my head together and finish mission by mission.

Spent about the time with the game.
So far running smooth and indeed looks gorgeous, few glitches here and there but nothing too bad.

Must say that it runs way better than Watch Dogs Legion.

Man, this game throws a lot of info at you. Gun options, perks, loot, shards, quickhacks...Struggling to make sense of it all. Was playing through the Maelstrom All Foods mission and when the fight broke out with Militech could not tell sometimes where the enemies were exactly.

Running into some bugs now, with NPC animations, AI getting stuck, etc. No crashes yet. Frame rate on PS5 is starting to dip now down into what feels like 40s.

Last edited:
Back