DaggerLand Tuning Garage.

• Thread starter Dagger311
  • 29 comments
United States
Marietta, GA
Dagger31198
Hello everyone.

I've started trying to tune, and decided I need a place to keep the ones I finish.

All tunes are tested on Bathurst and Route X unless stated otherwise.
All tunes are done with a ds3 unless stated otherwise.
All tunes are done in an online lobby with everything on "real" unless stated otherwise.

Have fun, try them out, let me know what you think. If it's bad, don't just post "It sucks", tell me why, so I can make it better! I'm Open to constructive criticism on every tune. I'll be starting out with road cars, since they're easier. May try some race cars later on, when I have more experience.

Tunes:

Ford SVT F-150 Lightning '03: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/daggerland-tuning-garage.301451/#post-9284529

Hammertail variant: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/posts/9288984/

Art Morrison Corvette'60: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/daggerland-tuning-garage.301451/#post-9298874

Last edited:
Car: Ford SVT F-150 Lightning '03

Wheel / Joypad: DS3
Power: 506 hp.
Weight: 1,789 kg
Performance Points: 500
Tires: Sports: soft.

Suspension: (Height-Adjustable, Fully-Customisable Suspension)

Ride Height: Front:105 Rear: 105

Spring Rate: Front: 6.84 kg Rear: 5.30 kg

Dampers (Compression): Front:4 Rear: 4

Dampers (Extension): Front:6 Rear: 6

Anti-Roll Bars: Front:2 Rear: 2
Camber Angle (-): Front: 0.0 ° Rear: 0.0 °
Toe Angle: Front: -0.13 ° Rear: 0.05 °

Brakes: Racing
Bias: 6/6

Drivetrain: (Fully Customisable Transmission)
Speed: 162mph

1: 2.855
2: 1.892
3: 1.357
4: 1.029
5: 0.826

Final: 3.200

Differential Gear:Fully Customisable Mechanical Limited-Slip Diff
Initial Torque: F=-- R= 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: F=-- R= 20
Braking Sensitivity: F=-- R= 12
Clutch & Flywheel: Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Propeller Shaft: Carbon Drive Shaft
Centre Differential: - -

Power
Oil Change: Yes.
Power Limiter: 99.1
Engine Tuning: Standard
Computer: Sports Computer
Exhaust: Standard
Exhaust Manifold: Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Standard
Intake Tuning: Standard
Turbo Kit: Stage: Supercharger
Nitrous Oxide (N2O): None (But should be fine if you want it)

Body
Body Rigidity Improvement: None
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Bonnet: Standard
Windows: Window Weight Reduction
Ballast: 200
Ballast position: 50

Tuned and tested at Mount Panorama, in an online lobby, with everything on real. Aids are all off except abs at 1.

Last edited:
Initial impressions: Compared to the stock 500pp tune this thing is amazing! Such a massive improvement in terms of handling, very balanced with a very slight hint of oversteer.
(In testing I changed the camber settings back to zero as it is currently broken)
Was running about 9 seconds quicker per lap @ Deep Forrest
Slow tight corners are the only thing it struggles with but I might have an easy fix for that.
Very impressive, great job

Initial impressions: Compared to the stock 500pp tune this thing is amazing! Such a massive improvement in terms of handling, very balanced with a very slight hint of oversteer.
(In testing I changed the camber settings back to zero as it is currently broken)
Was running about 9 seconds quicker per lap @ Deep Forrest
Slow tight corners are the only thing it struggles with but I might have an easy fix for that.
Very impressive, great job
Thanks a lot, glad you liked it! I'm open to any improvements you may have. And did changing the camber affect it negatively in any way?

Thanks a lot, glad you liked it! I'm open to any improvements you may have. And did changing the camber affect it negatively in any way?
currently changing camber only removes grip, there is no positive gain unless you want to remove grip. Its an issue with the game physics that needs patching

currently changing camber only removes grip, there is no positive gain unless you want to remove grip. Its an issue with the game physics that needs patching
Okay. What suggestion do you have to help with the corners?

Oh yeah, and the oversteer was very intentional, I don't like tight cars at all.

Okay. What suggestion do you have to help with the corners?

Oh yeah, and the oversteer was very intentional, I don't like tight cars at all.
weight distribution is your problem, too much weight in the nose. You need to put full 200kg ballast in the back to bring the balance to 51/49, this does drop the PP so you can add a little more power to bring that back to 500 and compensate for the added weight

weight distribution is your problem, too much weight in the nose. You need to put full 200kg ballast in the back to bring the balance to 51/49, this does drop the PP so you can add a little more power to bring that back to 500 and compensate for the added weight
*Facepalm*... Why did I ignore the ballast? Great idea, going immediately to fix it, alter the tune a bit, and make camber 0.

Edited: Ford Lightning

Ballast: 200 @ 50
Power:
Sports computer
Limter @ 99.1
Suspension:
Camber at 0.0/0.0

All thanks to @DolHaus for these changes.

It works, I just dropped another second by ballasting and adding a sports computer. I think this car might be a bit quicker if played with some more.
Camber on the front wheels is a pointless thing at the moment, it just adds understeer. It can still be used on the rear if you want it to be looser

It works, I just dropped another second by ballasting and adding a sports computer. I think this car might be a bit quicker if played with some more.
Camber on the front wheels is a pointless thing at the moment, it just adds understeer. It can still be used on the rear if you want it to be looser
Nah, it's fine. And I agree, I could tweak it and make it even faster, but I don't want to make it worse. Sleeping dogs and all...

Oh well, tune is good enough.

I also just found out on accident that the added rear weight almost killed all wheelspin on launch. Another commendment, @DolHaus.
the other thing I noticed was that its riding really high, I'd slam it as for as it will go. You're never going to bottom the car out, the lower it is the better, keeps the centre of mass low which stops it wanting to understeer

the other thing I noticed was that its riding really high, I'd slam it as for as it will go. You're never going to bottom the car out, the lower it is the better, keeps the centre of mass low which stops it wanting to understeer
Good idea, but I've got the handling pretty much how I like it, slightly oversteering, but manageable. I could make variants for different driving styles though.

Good idea, but I've got the handling pretty much how I like it, slightly oversteering, but manageable. I could make variants for different driving styles though.
It won't affect the handling except in long fast bends where it will be improved.
The truck is great, I think I could probably make it faster but it would be nowhere near as easy to drive. Its really balanced and quick with your tune and that is what most people want from a tune

It won't affect the handling except in long fast bends where it will be improved.
The truck is great, I think I could probably make it faster but it would be nowhere near as easy to drive. Its really balanced and quick with your tune and that is what most people want from a tune
Thanks a lot! I was shocked to get a positive review, I made a botched shelby tune, but that was waaay out of my league. I think I'll lower it some, and stiffen the suspension a bit. Good idea? Maybe lower the dampers by one each on compression and extension?

Thanks a lot! I was shocked to get a positive review, I made a botched shelby tune, but that was waaay out of my league. I think I'll lower it some, and stiffen the suspension a bit. Good idea? Maybe lower the dampers by one each on compression and extension?
lower it first, test it and see what's changed. I don't think it needs anything else really as it feels great to drive. If it feels a bit numb, stiffen the back end a touch. It doesn't feel like it needs stiffening though, the dampers are compensating for the low spring rates, I'm not noticing any roll or wobble in the body. One thing to try could be body rigidity improvement perhaps, but its hard to tell what that might do

lower it first, test it and see what's changed. I don't think it needs anything else really as it feels great to drive. If it feels a bit numb, stiffen the back end a touch. It doesn't feel like it needs stiffening though, the dampers are compensating for the low spring rates, I'm not noticing any roll or wobble in the body. One thing to try could be body rigidity improvement perhaps, but its hard to tell what that might do
I just messed with it, and I stiffened everything a little, lowered the ride hieght all the way, and messed with the dampers a bit. I shaved three whole seconds off of my time on mount panorama. It also handles the right turn after the long straight with no problem whatsoever. Going to send it to you first. Will you try it for me and see if it's better? If not, I'll restore and just drop the ride hieght and stiffen the rear a bit.

I just messed with it, and I stiffened everything a little, lowered the ride hieght all the way, and messed with the dampers a bit. I shaved three whole seconds off of my time on mount panorama. It also handles the right turn after the long straight with no problem whatsoever. Going to send it to you first. Will you try it for me and see if it's better? If not, I'll restore and just drop the ride hieght and stiffen the rear a bit.
yeah no worries, i'll have a look.

yeah no worries, i'll have a look.
I made the version with the ride height being the only thing messed with, and the rear doesn't slide out quite as bad. Both of them matched times up to the thousandth of a second, so it's personal prefernce from there. Going to make this one the main one, and post the one I sent you as a variant.

Tune: Ford SVT F-150 "Hammertail" variant. This version has the rear slide out a little bit more, and actually drifts pretty good, for a truck.

Car: Ford SVT F-150 Lightning "Hammertail" variant (Named because the rear swings out like a hammer coming down)

Wheel / Joypad: DS3
Power: 506 hp
Weight: 1,789 kg
Performance Points: 500
Tires: Sports: Soft

SuspensionHeight-Adjustable, Fully-Customisable Suspension)

Ride Height: Front:105 Rear: 105

Spring Rate: Front:7.84 kg Rear:6.50 kg

Dampers (Compression): Front:2 Rear: 3

Dampers (Extension): Front:4 Rear: 5

Anti-Roll Bars: Front:2 Rear: 3
Camber Angle (-): Front:0.0 ° Rear:0.0 °
Toe Angle: Front:-0.13 ° Rear:0.05 °

Brakes: Racing, Bias: 6/6

Drivetrain: (Fully Customisable Transmission)
Speed: 162

1: 2.855
2: 1.892
3: 1.357
4: 1.029
5: 0.826

Final: 3.200

Differential Gear:Fully Customisable Mechanical Limited-Slip Diff
Initial Torque: F= R= 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: F= R= 20
Braking Sensitivity: F= R= 12
Clutch & Flywheel: Triple-Plate
Propeller Shaft: Carbon

Power
Power Limiter: 99.1
Engine Tuning: Stock
Computer: Sports
Exhaust: Stock
Exhaust Manifold: Isometric
Catalytic Converter: Stock
Intake Tuning: Stock
Turbo Kit: Stage: Supercharger
Nitrous Oxide (N2O):

Body
Body Rigidity Improvement: No
Bonnet: Stock
Windows: Weight Reduction
Ballast: 200
Ballast position: 50

Just noticed a big flaw in my tunes: Brakes weren't listed. Edited, racing brakes with bias at 6/6 for both tunes.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Before I post this next tune, I would like to give a little backstory on this.

The Art Morrison Corvette was my favorite car in gt5,despite it's flaws, and I was very happy it made a return.

After getting it in this game, it had quite a few more problems than it did in 5. That's when I decided to try and make it better. Although I made it a little bit better, it still needed a lot of work.

Just like with the truck, @DolHaus helped me fix it, and it is now about 5.5 seconds quicker than stock by my records.

So, courtesy of me and @DolHaus, the Art Morrison Corvette'60! Nicknamed "The Black Beauty" by me because of how nice it looks in black.

Car: Art Morrison Corvette'60

Wheel / Controller: DS3
Power: 558 hp
Weight: 1,251
Performance Points: 550
Tires: Sports Soft

Suspension: (Height-Adjustable, Fully-Customisable Suspension)

Ride Height: 80/85

Spring Rate: 17.00/16.35

Dampers (Compression): 2/2

Dampers (Extension): 3/3

Anti-Roll Bars: 2/3
Camber Angle (-): 0.0/0.0
Toe Angle: -0.10/-0.07

Brakes: Racing
Bias: 5/5

Transmission: (Fully Customisable Transmission)
Set final to 5.500
Speed: 137mph

1: 2.141
2: 1.585
3: 1.300
4: 1.070
5: 0.773

Final: 2.900

Limited Slip Differential: (Fully Customizable Mechanical Limited-Slip Differential)
Initial Torque: 8
Acceleration Sensitivity: 16
Braking Sensitivity: 12
Clutch & Flywheel: Standard
Drive Shaft: Standard
Center Differential: None

Power
Oil Change: Yes.
Power Limiter: 99.0%
Engine Tuning: Standard
Computer: Standard
Exhaust: Semi-Racing Exhaust
Exhaust Manifold: Standard
Catalytic Converter: Standard
Intake Tuning: Standard
Turbo Kit: None
Nitrous Oxide (N2O): Optional (I went without)

Body
Body Rigidity Improvement: No.
Hood: Standard
Windows: Weight Reduction
Ballast: 11
Ballast position: -50

I also updated The Ford truck one last time, I forgot to say you needed an oil change with it. Enjoy, and tell me what you think!

My Art Morrison has 6 gears!! What gives?
Wow, didn't expect a reply to this! :lol:.

No idea, but I quit playing the game after the BMW vgt update. Just pick a sixth gear that fits smoothly in the curve on the grid, you'll be fine. :).

Back