Daily BRZ and Dream Viper

My daily is a 2018 BRZ tS that I’ve had since new. I’ve really enjoyed the car and have done some mods such as headers, exhaust, tune, and stainless steel brake lines. I recently purchased an oil cooler that I’m waiting to install once it’s warmer. I got into tracking it this past summer and I’m hooked, so there will be some more mods in the future.

A2E29AEB-CC3B-4BC0-A78D-2A5F0BBAC283.jpeg
724AFCF2-7410-4662-BEC0-D1D9446CE873.jpeg

My other car has been a dream of mine since the first time I saw it in Gran Turismo at 5 years old, a 1996 Dodge Viper GTS. I purchased it in 2020 from the 2nd owner and it’s been an awesome experience. I made up for all the years of waiting by racking up 6,000 miles. Definitely has lived up to my childhood expectations and I don’t think I’ll ever let it go. Only notable mod to it is a Corsa catback and I don’t really plan on doing much more than that. Probably some new wheels eventually though.

D2A8CA80-BBE2-43FD-BCFC-0E93004046B3.jpeg
23812D02-A6CC-4A7D-A090-D37470913081.jpeg
6D5472D0-FB77-418B-93CC-AF31F231F47E.jpeg

Of course I also had to get a picture of them together in GT7.

8FA51A01-DE6E-40BB-BB2C-278AC0A29834.jpeg

Last edited:
Seeing that Viper brings back a memory, not very MOPAR-flattering. My brother and I attended the Memorial Day race weekend at Lime Rock Park in Connecticut in 1996. Billed as the Dodge Dealers Grand Prix, it featured IMSA World Sports Cars as its headliner, and was the premiere of the North American Touring Car Championship (which had the unfortunate acronym NATCC - say it out loud if you don't immediately see what I mean.)
The pace car was a Viper GTS, in the blue with white stripes, and for one of the races it died and would not move out to lead the field. My brother immediately quipped, "Dead On Da Grid, Eh?" They rolled out an Intrepid to serve the remainder of that day's pace car duties... Might have been a Stratus, not sure. Weren't no pace car material, though!

Last edited:
Just saw the notice on the website.

It's one of my dream cars as well and I also got a crush on it since the very first Gran Turismo when I was 5-6, with that same combo colour scheme, blue with white stripes.
Glad to know you are not going to put many mods on it. I also personally like to keep them stock. Have fun with it. I hear that when you push it, it's a handful to drive (just how it should be).

Only thing I can do to have these dream cars is either in Gran Turismo or in 1/18 scale miniatures. Maybe when I win the lottery :)

Dodge Viper.jpg

It's the only American "supercar" that I have in my collection other than the Ford GT (2005), and as much as I also like Corvettes, the Viper to me is more special. Especially this 1996 Gen 2 version.

Last edited:
Stunning !

Just to know, How accurate or inaccurate is the viper gts in GT7 ? Is there somethibg missing in gt7 like interior features ?
Honestly I think they really nailed the model of the car in game. GT7 is a 2002, so there's some trim pieces that are different from the 96, but everything is very accurate. I recently picked up the PSVR2 and it felt like home.

Driving wise it feels pretty accurate, but I can't fully compare because I haven't tracked my car and don't plan on it lol.

Sound could be a little better 😉

Last edited:
Just saw the notice on the website.

It's one of my dream cars as well and I also got a crush on it since the very first Gran Turismo when I was 5-6, with that same combo colour scheme, blue with white stripes.
Glad to know you are not going to put many mods on it. I also personally like to keep them stock. Have fun with it. I hear that when you push it, it's a handful to drive (just how it should be).

Only thing I can do to have these dream cars is either in Gran Turismo or in 1/18 scale miniatures. Maybe when I win the lottery :)

View attachment 1229942

It's the only American "supercar" that I have in my collection other than the Ford GT (2005), and as much as I also like Corvettes, the Viper to me is more special. Especially this 1996 Gen 2 version.
Never say never, right? This car definitely had a big impact on our generation.

It for sure can be a handful if you're not careful. I've taken it on back roads and it handles really well, but always have to be cautious with how quickly you hammer the loud pedal. It's cliche to say, but the car will bite you if you don't respect it.

Latest Posts

Back