Dale Earnhardt Sr. #3 car: Would be appropriate to include the car?

  • Thread starter Thread starter A2K78
  • 40 comments
  • 9,093 views
There weren't any problems when they included the F094/S - a re-imagining of the Williams FW16, the car Ayrton Senna was killed in - so I don't see why there would be problems with Earnhardt's car.

That is true, but how many people realized straight away that that was Senna's car? I never recognized any of the F1 cars until I read about them on here. I do think it would be nice for #3 to be in the game, but my loving or hating the game will not depend on it.
 
I guess that was less of a problem because they didn't use the exact FW16, they renamed and changed its colour. The #3 car would be harder to get as it's real.
 
The #3 car would be harder to get as it's real.

Not really, it was in all the NASCAR games up to 08 when EA got super cheap and lazy.
 
I'd like a late 80's nascar (the year before restrictor plates) as a prize car for winning at Daytona or something of the sort. Maybe have Dale's car from that era? I can't remember if he had Goodwrench as a sponsor yet though, it might still have been Wrangler.
 
I'd like to see NASCAR legends cars. EA couldn't get NASCAR right to save their lives.

NASCAR is stupid for not retiring the #3 and Richard Childress is a humongous (_|_) O for putting his grandkid in a black ride with a white 3 on it. If I ever see the hauler with that car in it, I'm throwing something at it.
 
Last edited:
The whole reason asking stem from the fact there are still Earnhardt fans out there who do not want to be reminded of his death, including the car could hit a nerve some. Ontop of that I wouldn't want to see PD being hit with lawsuit by his estate in the same manner as the Kurt Cobain/Guitar Heroes saga.
 
(if memory serves correctly) The Cobain/GH deal was because Kurt was singing other people's music. So was Gwen Stephani (sp?). The Cobain Estate were well aware than Kurt's likeness was being used in the game. It was all over Twitter long before the game was released.

As far as Dale Sr., it depends on my mood. There have been times that I've really felt that his car should not be in any more games, because it's a painful memory for some. I certainly did not like how the COT of his #3 looked. I despise that car, the COT. It's a big brick with wheels or a bunch of Checker Taxi cabs on the track with sponsorship.
 
That is true, but how many people realized straight away that that was Senna's car? I never recognized any of the F1 cars until I read about them on here. I do think it would be nice for #3 to be in the game, but my loving or hating the game will not depend on it.
Why wouldn't it be appropriate? I know, Dale Earnhardt died. But it was nine years ago. It's not like Polyphony would be exploiting his name or his image in the name of making a quick buck. If they can include Senna's car - even if it carried a different livery and name - then Polyphony should be able to include Earnhardt's car. It really comes down to what his family would want.

I guess that was less of a problem because they didn't use the exact FW16, they renamed and changed its colour. The #3 car would be harder to get as it's real.
Actually ... it is the exact same car. Peel back the livery and the changed name - probably the two least influential parts of the car - and it is absolutely identical to the Williams FW16. Even the name is a direct refernce to this: 'F' is for 'Formula', '094' is for '1994' and 'S' is for 'Senna'.
 
Yay, another thread to do with NASCAR.

Fine, if it's a good tribute, put it in the game.
But don't start with the "and this should be in to because NASCAR is so good" crap.

There are other people in the world who don't care about your Snoremobiles.
 
It could be marvelous fun with those old boats :o)



 
Of course it wouldn't be inappropriate -- it's more of a sign of respect than anything else. PD included 4 of Senna's F1 cars in GT3, including the one he died in, although of course they had custom PD liveries and not the real ones. Kaz was highly aware of Senna and he's still his favourite F1 driver today, however I'm not sure how much Kaz knows about NASCAR and Earnhardt's true impact on the sport in the US. I'm not even a NASCAR fan but I think it would be great for his #3 car to make it into the game. If not and there is a livery editor, I suppose that would be good enough though (not the same specs and design of course but the paint design at least).

(i know im a little late for this, but i thought it should mentioned) Kaz said in the Nascar Gt5 trailer that he was always a fan of [dale jr's] father and that it's nice to have a new hero to cheer out on the track, so it would make sense that Sr's car would be in the game, sadly though, they culdnt take and hour and a half to put in the livery :/ whatever, atleast they've got the 2j :D
 
Back