Damage in future updates of the game

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mulan
  • 35 comments
  • 3,364 views
I certainly believe mechanical damage is far more important than visual damage.
It is better than nothing...but it would be nice with some indication, smoke coming from engine or tires sound flat, hope you understand what i mean.
 
I can't find that interview but it was WAY back - think GT4 times. (read it in a magazine) Kaz said this:

"We will eventually implement damage into Gran Turismo but right now we can't do it. We have specific way of doing things that requires certain level of quality. That level of quality can't be achieved right now."

I remember it very well - the meaning that is. Words might be different but the meaning is 100% correct. I'm sure of it.
 
First big step into damage physics with Gran Turismo should be contact physics with other cars, then crashed car behaviour and then proper damage.
 
For damage, I think it should be do it well or don't do it at all. The current way damage works is terrible, with little scratches and generic dents on your car.
 
For damage, I think it should be do it well or don't do it at all. The current way damage works is terrible, with little scratches and generic dents on your car.
Yes, seems like only hope is GT7 and ps4.
 
Back