Darkest Material In The World Created

• Thread starter Robin
  • 66 comments
I could see this used for military camo, imagine stuff covered in this at night... would literally be invisible even if you shone light on it. Would be pretty cool even for normal stuff as a neat finish. :lol:

The problem is, because it absorbs so much more light than the surroundings it would be counter-productive as camo. The night isn't pitch black. Night camo should be shades of gray and dark blue, just like the surroundings at night.

Last edited:
Make a car's dashboard out of this stuff, and the sun's reflective glare will be infinitesimal.

Also, it sounds like the material used in Miracle Max's Holocaust Cloak.

Saw this on twitter when Deadmau5 said he wants to cover a car in this. I say, "Go for it!" He's made a Nyan Cat-themed Ferrari 458 Italia look great. He'll definitely pull this off.

I could see it being used to wrap the metal parts of a sniper's scope, so they won't have as much glint to give them away. Although the lens is still there.

GT6 predicted this

ZKz2baMh.jpg

TB
Thirty-three posts and not a single mention of this stuff originating from Nibbler's nethers.

Stay classy, GTPlanet. 👍

Were talking about Vantablack, not dark matter. :P

Saw this on twitter when Deadmau5 said he wants to cover a car in this. I say, "Go for it!" He's made a Nyan Cat-themed Ferrari 458 Italia look great. He'll definitely pull this off.

Yep, go for it. So he can kill somebody or have them return the favor.

Suddenly, I want a Vanta...Must be one of those import flavors with cane sugar so pure, it tastes like grilled unicorn with layers of eagle bacon, with manticore sauce cooked over the embers of a risen phoenix.

Has nobody consider the other end of the spectrum: how brilliantly anything placed against this will stand out?

Oh yes, I imagine the air force of 'murica any country implementing that on stealth jets... that'd be a bit of an overkill

We should put it on fighter jets, then our enimies won't even notice what hit them!:lol:

Too bad there is radar and many other electronics. I mean I get it was a joke but...

Also at @Michael88 said there will be times where visually this will stick out because it's such a deeper hue then the rest of its surroundings. I mean I'm sure with some R&D someone can make it work but just coating it as is wouldn't work.

Make a car's dashboard out of this stuff, and the sun's reflective glare will be infinitesimal.

It will absorb too much heat, would be horrible on a sunny day.

Imagine a room full of this stuff.

It would be like your floating in limbo! I can see people painting tunnels on walls and holes in the street with this Roadrunner style :lol:

Because it masks all angles and depth this is a my quick Photoshop of what it would look like on a car, it looks erm, interesting... would basically look like a cardboard cut out of it's self on all sides :sly:

Van Lambo 2.jpg

I don't support tantablack cars. I do, however, support tantablack rims. Even spinners. Because you can't tell the difference.

Back