DASHYANKURO 15th Anniversary Edition

And once again...Who is leading the charge? Would you just please stop presuming to tell other people what to think. Let them use their own decernment.
And while we're at it explain to me how after your experiments showed nothing to support the 0/0 is faster theory (on a banked circuit and a flat one ;)), you still hold this old positon? 7 out of 7 testers ALL went faster with varying amounts and 0/0 was ALWAYS slowest. But yeah, camber is broke.....my eye. Does camber alter the angle that the tyre meets the road? Yes! Does this give more grip in the corners? Well according to the data you have...yes! Does it have a negative effect in straight line performance? Yes! (But you never saw the extra braking performance that using rear camber gives, did you?).

So what magic thing that camber is supposed to do is it which it doesn't? Oh, yes thays right...make everyone go faster across the board. Funny I've never seen that bit of information written anywhere other than here on GTP. And yet in YOUR experiments IT DID.

The only thing broken about camber in GT6 (and ride height too for that matter;)) is your perception of it. The physical changes ARE taking place and the effects CAN be dicerned. Factor in a static CASTER ANGLE and static KINGPIN ANGLE and things start to make a lot more sense. Funny thing is, all the information you have in your guide for camber is correct and works. The serious thing is, to think you can make a change that alters suspension geometry and lateral/linear grip factors, not to mention track width and the angles of roll, and not to have to revisit another setting is just pure madness.

Don't you think it's time you just admit you got into this just a little bit over your head? And while I'm at it....

You still using this argument too? Go check the archive, @Brewguy44 did a couple of months back. Looked to me like it worked out just fine ;)

What should be done is up to you :). Exactly what works will depend on driving style but make no mistake, camber works just fine. But after having a quick glance over the post that drew all the attention, I would say most of them are quite a bit on the high side. All of my experiences show me that on cars I've tested (and there have been a lot) any more than 3.5-4 degrees is more loss than gain :) with 1-2.5 being a pretty good range on most tyre compounds (higher really only suits drift set-ups and racing tyres). But don't take my word for it, try these things for yourself and go with what works best for you 👍
Man I thought you were better than this, wasn't that long ago you were drinking from my fountain of knowledge and now you're gonna turn on me? You don't know the real reason I pulled the camber experiments and I'm definitely not wasting my breath explaining it to you now (little clue, it goes way beyond the numbers). Believe what you want, I've got my competitive record to show that I know what I'm doing, what have you got apart from circumstantial evidence and your own opinion?

Ok,Ok, before this poor guys mini-garage is completely hijacked, let's get back to the cars and the tunes. (I am to blame also, I contributed)
Reguardless of what any of us believe works or doesn't, he obviously put in a lot of testing before he posted all of these.

Dash, I did like this one;
"#BMW Z8 15th Anniversary Edition"
I had an old pre-1.09 tune on it before, and this performed way better.
Good job man ^^

nah, nothing to be bitter about.. i just stuck with old habits since early GT; that MOST (not all) cars works perfectly fine when front camber follow the car Engine CC size, haha. Rear should always be Zero.

Just dun't like the game's setting now getting more and more illogical to set around.. and I hate that we cant "Carry Forward" settings from previous GT versions.

Last edited:
@Dashyankuro, my apologies for cluttering up your thread with this, normally my first appearance in a tunes garage/thread would be to wish you well and maybe even try out a tune or two. Which I do by the way and I might 👍

I wanted to post this response here though and if there is still any need seen for things to go further, then my conversations box is always open.

Man I thought you were better than this, wasn't that long ago you were drinking from my fountain of knowledge and now you're gonna turn on me?
I'm not responsible for what you think, now am I? :confused: But, better than what exactly? I reserved my right to point out that you are a bit out of order coming into someone else's thread with that opening comment. As I did the last time. BTW I did the same thing when someone behaved that way toward you too in one of your threads, so let's have a little respect for that please. Did I go a little to far and push a few buttons, perhaps. Am I sorry, no...well, maybe just a little bit.

Yes, I did drink from that fountain, I was then and still am now grateful for every second of your time you gave to help me to understand some things which had me scratching my head a lot, you really did help :cheers:. But does that make me beholden to you in some way? I should have sworn allegiance to you? Blindly follow your views and never have a mind of my own? I think not. And neither do you, so what is that all about?

Do not get my intentions wrong sir. This is not personal, I haven't "turned" on anyone. I know, I have a funny way of showing it, but you are still one of the guys that I hold great respect for. For what you have given me here and for how much I had always seen you help others.
But as you say "turning", and if I can be blunt, I think you have changed a lot in the past year. You know exactly what and when I'm talking about too, a certain "cross-forum" argument broke out :ouch:. And no it wasn't only you, a few of us changed a bit around then. However most of us put it behind us and moved on. I fear you have started to sound an awful lot like the people you were always so calm in dealing with before. I know what you read over there, and yes, I'd be pretty aggravated too. But you were better than that. The DolHaus I knew before that would never have gotten involved in any of that nonsense, he told me I should keep my distance from it, remember?. He wouldn't take it out on others as you have been with your superior "ONE OF THE BIG BOYS" attitude recently. The DolHaus I knew then was still trying to find some answers too, he didn't presume he had them all. And he didn't presume to tell others what to think either.

You think I'm turning on you? Man, you turned on yourself!

I disagree with your assessment of camber is all, not a big secret. I believe you knew my position on it before your experiments. And I saw no reason during that, or any other test I was invited to run, or did on my own accord since then, that would make me want to change my mind again. Yes, that's right again, I started off believing it was broken too remember? So we disagree on something, big deal. This is a topic for adult debate if you still think there is a debate to have, and in another place, not in here 👍.

You are also right, I do not know the real reason you pulled the experiments, nor did I care, or do now, for your reasons.
It was your choice to make and I respect that. They were yours to run as you saw fit, I was there to contribute data, a little feedback (as much as my auto-jargon vocabulary would allow me to :)) and if possible lighten the mood that always surrounded the camber discussions back then (back then :rolleyes:), with my own brand of weird Scottish humour, just because I can't help it sometimes :crazy:. I had long since made my bed with camber by then. You asked for my time, I gave it. What you took from them I don't know, that's why I asked, when every bit of data showed any amount of camber more than 0/0 produce higher lateral G's and was faster, do you maintain that 0/0 is still fastest? It's not a hard question. And you have to admit to an outsider looking in, it does seem a bit of an odd conclusion, does it not? I questioned your position and how you came to it, which is nothing more than you have asked of anyone who share's my opinion in the past, and I for one have submitted and published data many times using your measuring stick and every time have them say the same thing. That's how I got to my position, how did you get to yours is all I asked you to explain.

My friend, this is not personal. If I had turned on you I would no longer care what you thought and I would never have bothered to poke af you. I would have just ignored you and moved on as I do with the others. But I don't think it's too much to ask for you to clarify your position (as it is a little confusing) and it's never to much to ask, that you have enough respect for a newcomer than to have your first contact be a bit more civil. If you want to use your reputation alone as reason to lord over others that disagree with you, then you are not one of the "Big Boys" on the tuning forum dude. When I see some one who's tunes are so much better than everyone else's I'll let you know. Until then know this....We are all equal here :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Back