Datamined car list

• Thread starter TumeK5
  • 1,568 comments
Finland
Finland
Really excited to see this. We have old classics returning such as Skyline Silhouette and Escudo Pikes Peak*. But mostly I'm grateful for a bunch of Lotus cars coming up, considering the British sportscar maker was missing altogether.

cars.jpg

* Both in the game as of 22/7/22

Last edited:
Lotus unlikely to come back. The other cars... there's a chance, let's hope they come. It's a very solid list and it covers most of what's needed, really.

Worth mentioning that the "RGT_16" is a Ruf which has never been in the franchise. If Ruf is allowed to coexist with Porsche, there's some fun stuff.

Last edited:
a list of this magnitude has to be at least half-true
Firstly, why?

A "moderately known YouTuber" once put together a list of 20 cars he was absolutely positively sure were coming to GT Sport in the next couple of months. He actually named more than 30 cars and even then only got eight right... over two years.

It's not simply more right because there's more cars in it...

... but more importantly, vehicle names being in game files is not the same thing as vehicles being in game - as with the Porsche I mentioned. There's no particular reason to suppose that players will get hold of all of, or indeed any of, those cars just because their names are marked somewhere in game files.

It's certainly an interesting discovery (if verifiable), but it's not "leaked upcoming cars".

Really excited to see this. We have old classics returning such as Skyline Silhouette and Escudo Pikes Peak. But mostly I'm grateful for a bunch of Lotus cars coming up, considering the British sportscar maker was missing altogether.

View attachment 1158126

Source, so that there's no clickbait attempt:sly:
Sierra Cosworth, E500, 190 Evo 2, LFA and XJ220. Only these 5 can make me faint. Even if this list is half true, that would be huge news

It's certainly an interesting discovery (if verifiable), but it's not "leaked upcoming cars".
So basically you're already throwing in the towel.

vehicle names being in game files is not the same thing as vehicles being in game
Of course, but if they were in the game, we wouldn't need a dataminer to tell us they're in the game :lol:

Last edited:
Firstly, why?

A "moderately known YouTuber" once put together a list of 20 cars he was absolutely positively sure were coming to GT Sport in the next couple of months. He actually named more than 30 cars and even then only got eight right... over two years.

It's not simply more right because there's more cars in it...

... but more importantly, vehicle names being in game files is not the same thing as vehicles being in game - as with the Porsche I mentioned. There's no particular reason to suppose that players will get hold of all of, or indeed any of, those cars just because their names are marked somewhere in game files.

Indeed, GT2 featured all kinds of vehicle names that never featured in either GT2 or any other GT game to date. There are many reasons for this, sometimes it indicates what plans may at one time have been, it can indicate what plans they have for the future, or it could simply be the developers testing things using car data and car names that were never going to make it into the game. There are many other reasons for this to happen as well.

It would be nice if some of these cars do make it into GT7, but GT7 needs more important work than "more cars". But it is an interesting discovery all the same (assuming it's legitimate, and there's no reason to doubt at this point).

Last edited:
Of that entire list, I obviously would like all of the cars to be in the game.

But in the likelyhood that most won't be, at the very least I would want the...

918 Spyder
5 Maxi Turbo
Delta S4
Escudo Pikes Peak
M5 (2005)
LFA
XJ220
190E Evo 2

... to be in the game.

Last edited:
So basically you're already throwing in the towel.
What towel? What are you talking about?
Of course, but if they were in the game, we wouldn't need a dataminer to tell us they're in the game :lol:
Bewildering.

This is a list of car names found in game files. You've posted it in a thread called "leaked upcoming cars". It's not "leaked upcoming cars"; the fact that the names are in game files does not mean that the cars are coming to the game.

Edit: Lol, goes with the poo reaction but changes the thread title anyway.

What towel? What are you talking about?

It's not "leaked upcoming cars"; the fact that the names are in game files does not mean that the cars are coming to the game.
And here I thought I was the one "digging".

And here I thought I was the one "digging".
🤷‍♂️

I don't know why you want to present this list as something it isn't, why you're so hostile to the concept that it's not what you're presenting it as, or why you're now just posting gibberish.

You're calling it "leaked upcoming cars". It's not. It's a list of car names found in GT7's file structure. You can find car names in the file structure of other Gran Turismo games which never appeared in those games too... or are we just still waiting, for 22 years, for the Bugatti EB110 to come to Gran Turismo 3? After all, the car name is in the game files...

Back