Datamined car list

• Thread starter TumeK5
  • 1,568 comments
It's a bit disingenuous to insinuate Nenkai is ruining your enjoyment of the dailies whilst brushing off the fact that the meta in GT7 is well and truly established. It doesn't matter what the combo is, people know Gr.4 is 4WD favoured and they know what cars are better when there's tyre wear. People know the Porsche is strong in Gr.3, and they know the Supra is one of the best at power tracks.

These things would be figured out within minutes of the dailies launching anyway. Revealing them builds hype for next week and gets people excited for whats coming. That is far more important than meaning you can enjoy a stream for an additional 5 minutes before a meta car is discovered.

It wasn't bad when it was revealed in GTS before, you're just bitter over a bad BoP and blaming the only scapegoat you can find. It's unfair and quite frankly a bit childish.

Got to say, that's quite the dramatic take you have on all this.

Like I said, it boils down to probably one days worth of increased enjoyment of the game, so I thought I'd ask the guy who leaks the races to stop given he's active on this board. Beyond nenkai getting twitter followers and 1337 h4x0r creds for having insight into game files, I personally don't see any benefit to leaking the daily races on a Wednesday the week before. I have yet to to see any hype for next week's daily races caused by the daily race leaks. If anything it kills the hype as people aren't keen to jump on and race when they've already seen YouTubers test it or know the perfect tyre/fuel strategy, which in most cases causes negative hype since people are sick of the usual issues with the daily races. Says a lot when top split on Monday night only has a handful of A+ drivers.

But it's quite a far stretch from me blaming him for PDs lack of making the most of the solid foundation for a game they have. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like the community in general are able to communicate with or influence PD. But at least nenkai is on here.

Last edited:
Got to say, that's quite the dramatic take you have on all this.

Like I said, it boils down to probably one days worth of increased enjoyment of the game, so I thought I'd ask the guy who leaks the races to stop given he's active on this board. Beyond nenkai getting twitter followers and 1337 h4x0r creds for having insight into game files, I personally don't see any benefit to leaking the daily races on a Wednesday the week before. I have yet to to see any hype for next week's daily races caused by the daily race leaks. If anything it kills the hype as people aren't keen to jump on and race when they've already seen YouTubers test it or know the perfect tyre/fuel strategy, which in most cases causes negative hype since people are sick of the usual issues with the daily races. Says a lot when top split on Monday night only has a handful of A+ drivers.

But it's quite a far stretch from me blaming him for PDs lack of making the most of the solid foundation for a game they have. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like the community in general are able to communicate with or influence PD. But at least nenkai is on here.
I mean you're quite literally suggesting he stop because the leaking is preventing you from having as much fun. My take is only as dramatic as your complaining is.

You're grossly overestimating how many people are impacted negatively by these reveals. People don't race in dailies because they spent ages testing it - they don't race in dailies because the events are stale and the BoP is poor. It's a separate issue.

Why do you think that knowing them Monday would be any different. If somebody logs in or opens Twitter and sees we're going to have Gr.3 Interlagos again, it doesn't matter if it's on Thursday or the following Monday. They still won't race because of the event itself, nothing more.

I mean you're quite literally suggesting he stop because the leaking is preventing you from having as much fun. My take is only as dramatic as your complaining is.

You're grossly overestimating how many people are impacted negatively by these reveals. People don't race in dailies because they spent ages testing it - they don't race in dailies because the events are stale and the BoP is poor. It's a separate issue.

Why do you think that knowing them Monday would be any different. If somebody logs in or opens Twitter and sees we're going to have Gr.3 Interlagos again, it doesn't matter if it's on Thursday or the following Monday. They still won't race because of the event itself, nothing more.
Well if leaking it has no effect, then might as well stop then? Even if it's only for the benefit of a few complainers such as myself.

Hopefully one day PD fixes bop (although I would say gr.3 is actually decent) and makes the races more dynamic in terms of allowed cars, weather, tyre/fuel multipliers etc. but until then let's maximise what we have.

Anyway going to go tell my son I didn't get him the fanatec setup he wanted for Christmas but instead got him a book and that the main character dies on page 555 so he can really get hyped and enjoy the read.

Hey @Nenkai , were you able to determine that these events are somewhat related to the “nurburgring_sprint/nurburgring_endurance” update, or are there (somehow) non disclosure agreements regarding these events?

E5EFBB8C-B5C2-41C4-924D-F52F6CC1FF31.jpeg

CF244BDD-BFA7-48B1-9409-C05635E43BF7.jpeg

F335406E-D329-4209-B357-DD5035171531.jpeg

Anyway going to go tell my son I didn't get him the fanatec setup he wanted for Christmas but instead got him a book and that the main character dies on page 555 so he can really get hyped and enjoy the read.
Can't lie this is actually pretty funny.

Knowing the events a few days beforehand is not significantly affecting the meta of these races. As Nebu mentioned too, it doesn't really affect people's enthusiasm (apart from you it seems). What's the difference between seeing a terrible or predictable combo Wednesday and seeing it on your PS4/5 a few days later?

The real input in the equation that controls enthusiasm and meta is PD's event selection and BOP, not some modder giving everyone a heads up about said events. It's not like he's telling you the meta for each track in his announcements, or broadcasting it to every single GT player (a few thousand twitter followers are not the entire GT7 player base).

Hey @Nenkai , were you able to determine that these events are somewhat related to the “nurburgring_sprint/nurburgring_endurance” update, or are there (somehow) non disclosure agreements regarding these events?

View attachment 1214284
View attachment 1214285
View attachment 1214286
I'm more interested in what distinction the "World Classic Car Week" Event would have from the existing Historic Sports Car Masters series. It sounds more like a championship, to be honest.

Well if leaking it has no effect, then might as well stop then? Even if it's only for the benefit of a few complainers such as myself.

Hopefully one day PD fixes bop (although I would say gr.3 is actually decent) and makes the races more dynamic in terms of allowed cars, weather, tyre/fuel multipliers etc. but until then let's maximise what we have.

With your super-low post count, I'm guessing you don't remember that there was member here tracking the Legendary Car Dealership in massive detail....posting immediately when there were changes, their prices and colors, and how frequently they appeared. They stopped because that "wasn't good enough" for some people who complained at them to the point of annoyance, ruining a good thing for 99% of people. This is that.

You asked them to stop posting the Dailys early and explained why (which is your right), they said no (which is their right), now you need to let it go instead of childishly whining about it, trying to convince them, for three extra posts.

Last edited:
With your super-low post count, I'm guessing you don't remember that there was member here tracking the Legendary Car Dealership in massive detail....posting immediately when there were changes, their prices and colors, and how frequently they appeared. They stopped because that "wasn't good enough" for some people who complained at them to the point of annoyance, ruining a good thing for 99% of people. This is that.

You asked them to stop posting the Dailys early and explained why (which is your right), they said no (which is their right), now you need to let it go instead of childishly whining about it, trying to convince them, for three extra posts.

What an ironic twist it then is to childishly whine about people posting on a forum. That is your right I guess, but unfortunately it is not your right to decide what is worthy of posting. Such strange behaviour. Funnily two of these 3 'extra' posts you mention were just responses to someone else jumping in whining about me even bringing it up. And here we have a fifth post for the same reason.

What I really was searching for with my second post (oh the horror, more than one post on a topic) was insight into what the mentioned pros of posting the daily races early are. Since they're apparently a good thing for 99% of people there should be plenty of them, so I probably need to change my opinion on this, but haven't really been given any reason to yet.

But I'm sure any further exchange with you won't be fruitful and we shouldn't post unnecessarily, so enjoy your upcoming holidays and the tantalising back and forths I'm sure you have in your house.

What an ironic twist it then is to childishly whine about people posting on a forum. That is your right I guess, but unfortunately it is not your right to decide what is worthy of posting. Such strange behaviour. Funnily two of these 3 'extra' posts you mention were just responses to someone else jumping in whining about me even bringing it up. And here we have a fifth post for the same reason.

What I really was searching for with my second post (oh the horror, more than one post on a topic) was insight into what the mentioned pros of posting the daily races early are. Since they're apparently a good thing for 99% of people there should be plenty of them, so I probably need to change my opinion on this, but haven't really been given any reason to yet.

But I'm sure any further exchange with you won't be fruitful and we shouldn't post unnecessarily, so enjoy your upcoming holidays and the tantalising back and forths I'm sure you have in your house.
Never said it was. You didn't seem to understand how conversational exchanges work though, and the negative consequences that can come from not accepting someone's answer to a question, so I thought I'd try to educate you. My mistake there.

Oh, and you want a pro of them being posted early? So people can create custom races using the parameters of the race, try out different cars, and develop tire and pit strategies prior to the event going live.

You have just as much ability to do this as others do, and the fact that you're here on GTP indicates that you would be in the target group to do so.

Happy Holidays to you as well. :)

I would consider that poor education if you don't think asking a follow up question is appropriate in a conversation or 'conversational exchange'.

But yeah clearly what you view as a positive is exactly the thing I view as a negative and which leads to more boring racing as I want that testing to take place in live races, so it's a shame we couldn't avoid these extra posts altogether.

I would consider that poor education if you don't think asking a follow up question is appropriate in a conversation or 'conversational exchange'.

But yeah clearly what you view as a positive is exactly the thing I view as a negative and which leads to more boring racing as I want that testing to take place in live races, so it's a shame we couldn't avoid these extra posts altogether.
Let's try this again.

Strategy is determined by race distance, tyre allocation, and the tyre and fuel multipliers.

Vehicle choice is determined by the track characteristics, the car's specific strengths and, if strategy is involved, it's tyre and fuel consumption.

When you take one good look at the event, whether it be on Monday or a few days before via a tweet, you can know right away what the ideal choice of car is in terms of characteristics, and maybe what the right strategy is. The latter is more of a learning experience, but again, something you can't really start to know for sure, until you drive on Monday, whether you find out Monday when you turn your system on, or the week prior.

The only way I would say that knowing beforehand would materially affect the outcome is if droves of drivers were playtesting the next ruleset as soon as Nenkai drops his tweet. But that's not really your complaint, is it? It's probably not even happening at all.

Your complaint is that people will either preempt the optimal car and strategy and consequently take away diversity of the rosters for the first day of the new events (your words), or not bother to turn the game on at all because the surprise is ruined, and neither of these are directly caused by the tweets, which others have pointed out.

You don't have to change your mind, and no one can force you to, but ignoring people pointing out to you exactly why it's false that Nenkai is 'ruining' the Daily Races, and still saying that you haven't been given a reason to change your mind, I just can't wrap my head around.

To use your (granted, funny) book analogy, it's not like giving your son a book and telling him someone dies. It's more like getting the book a few days early, but still not being allowed to read it until the day it releases. You don't really get an advantage from reading the cover or the back, but if the book is rubbish now it will be rubbish on Monday.

Lmao. He stopped because he was tired of doing it and was VERY obviously looking for a reason to stop. So when I made a very simple suggestion in a completely friendly tone, he found it and stopped.

Funny how people twist past events to fit in an argument they are trying to make.

Let's try this again.

Strategy is determined by race distance, tyre allocation, and the tyre and fuel multipliers.

Vehicle choice is determined by the track characteristics, the car's specific strengths and, if strategy is involved, it's tyre and fuel consumption.

When you take one good look at the event, whether it be on Monday or a few days before via a tweet, you can know right away what the ideal choice of car is in terms of characteristics, and maybe what the right strategy is. The latter is more of a learning experience, but again, something you can't really start to know for sure, until you drive on Monday, whether you find out Monday when you turn your system on, or the week prior.

The only way I would say that knowing beforehand would materially affect the outcome is if droves of drivers were playtesting the next ruleset as soon as Nenkai drops his tweet. But that's not really your complaint, is it? It's probably not even happening at all.

Your complaint is that people will either preempt the optimal car and strategy and consequently take away diversity of the rosters for the first day of the new events (your words), or not bother to turn the game on at all because the surprise is ruined, and neither of these are directly caused by the tweets, which others have pointed out.

You don't have to change your mind, and no one can force you to, but ignoring people pointing out to you exactly why it's false that Nenkai is 'ruining' the Daily Races, and still saying that you haven't been given a reason to change your mind, I just can't wrap my head around.

To use your (granted, funny) book analogy, it's not like giving your son a book and telling him someone dies. It's more like getting the book a few days early, but still not being allowed to read it until the day it releases. You don't really get an advantage from reading the cover or the back, but if the book is rubbish now it will be rubbish on Monday.

'ruining the daily races' weren't my words and I don't put that on nenkai (in any case it's just hyperbole).

I have two data points. Daily races before dailies started being leaked/widely followed, and daily races now. And yes my opinion is that the meta develops more quickly now, which reduces the entertainment value of Monday races. The fact that people know the bop and game better is obviously a confounding factor. And yes I agree it is only a matter of hours before the meta forms even without the leaks, and the topic is not worthy of as many off topic posts as this has now become (people sure get worked up and feel the need to assert their opinion and wishful authority on what people should post here- without that we would be sitting here with just an unanswered question to nenkai). But like I said in my original post, those hours were always the best of the week for the game. So yes I think it's possible that leaking the races has an adverse effect. And I don't see any potential benefits of leaking them, so why not ask the guy to stop?

But to address your counter points. Firstly, the streamer and A/A+ ranked driver community where this has the biggest effect is small, so the meta spreads quickly cause everyone wants to compete. Kie usually streams daily race testing every Sunday as an example. Right now I looked at open lobbies and there are two gr1 le man's bop lobbies with a decent amount of players (one is even labeled next week's race in Spanish) and it's only Thursday. Can't give anything but anecdotal evidence that people test the combo in single player on the weekend. But you can see how even in this thread how a supporter of the leaks says that's exactly a benefit of them. Can also check the daily race thread, and various streams.

The fundamental problem with daily races is there is always one strategy which is that bit faster than the rest. That is Pds fault, not nenkais. Whether that means a lap or two difference in pit split, amount of fuel/tyre saving you should do, or if you should base your car choice off those parameters or other fine tuning is what it boils down to. I would argue not even the best players can get that bang on every time right away based on seeing the combo as its a matter of seconds, but race defining seconds. So yes people do need a bit of time to get that sorted, and a lot of that is now done before the races are launched. The second aspect here is just the aspect of practicing a combo and getting up to speed, which again takes a bit of time, and many now do that before races are launched. Thus there is less carnage in the first few hours and less variety in pace.

The best car can often be guessed now, but with relatively frequent bop and physics changes there are always times in the game where different cars need to be tested on a particular combo, but less of that happens in race.

And yes many people take one look at the combo and decide not to race, and when the combo is released obviously makes no difference in that case. But there's also a significant group of players who think, ok maybe this combo can be interesting, but then they see from testing before they officially go live that it's a one car, only one viable strategy type race, and decide they can't even be bothered on Monday instead of finding out when they jump in the race Monday. Or they jump in knowing the meta straight away. The bad race is Pds fault, the potential group of players that don't race because they have tested it or heard on the grapevine before Monday what it's really like, and the homogeneity of the first day of races are the leaks fault.

So yeah it's a little thing. Didn't think it would be a big deal, but lots of words have now been said about it. It's just interesting that there's such a moral high ground against leaking this list of cars or even hosting it on gtp, but leaking races is good because the 'pros outweigh the cons', even though it's altering PDs intended game design (whether you like the game design or not is a different matter)

Leaking races is not going to effect PD pulling the pin or holding back the Daily Races. However, as pointed out, leaking cars may.
So, PD will see the tweet and say, "shoot! delete this week's races. Our cover's been blown!".

[...]
So yeah it's a little thing. Didn't think it would be a big deal, but lots of words have now been said about it. It's just interesting that there's such a moral high ground against leaking this list of cars or even hosting it on gtp, but leaking races is good because the 'pros outweigh the cons', even though it's altering PDs intended game design (whether you like the game design or not is a different matter)
We're just gonna have to agree to disagree on the "dilution" of the initial Daily Race period, but for the record I support any and all leaks...I just know not to get too worked up about them.

People really acting as if finding the right car and right strategy for a certain race is some sort of rocket science lol. You can figure it out in 15 minutes.
Plus it's not like they're coming up with niche left field events each week. You might get an advantage if you know beforehand next week it's gonna be 1980s European FWD at 350PP but when it's just Gr3 and 4 pretty much week in, week out, it hardly matters.

These were all on the list:

celica_wrc_95
CHIRON_16
GIULIA_GTA_20

The C8 Corvette was not on the list and also looking at the updated list from a few months ago with steering parameters, the Celica WRC was not on the list, only the first one from page one meaning that cars from the first list can still show up.

celica_wrc_95
CHIRON_16
GIULIA_GTA_20

The C8 Corvette was not on the list and also looking at the updated list from a few months ago with steering parameters, the Celica WRC was not on the list, only the first one from page one meaning that cars from the first list can still show up.
The celica is a different label, not the one that's on the list. The one on the list is the GT5/6 leftover, it's total coincidence that it appeared.

(Would be nice if everyone would stop incorrectly labeling this as "steering parameters", they're just general car parts specification labels).

Last edited:
The celica is a different label, not the one that's on the list. The one on the list is the GT5/6 leftover, it's total coincidence that it appeared.

(Would be nice if everyone would stop incorrectly labeling this as "steering parameters", they're just general car parts specification labels).
Good to know. I believe everyone refers to it as a "steering parameters" list because that's what the person who originally posted the list to this thread referred to it as.

celica_wrc_95
CHIRON_16
GIULIA_GTA_20

ok... this only made me more pessimistic about the c5... i don't want to lose hope about it :( i need to see it officially sometime...

The castrol_nsx_00 is too important to be just a leftover. I'd say it's easily the most relevant car from the entire "lowercase" part of the list. I really hope this coincidence happens a few more times.

Last edited:
Back