• Thread starter Ellis
  • 42 comments

Ellis

THE Nutter
Premium
England
Morecambe, Lanc
ellisnutt
I have an up and coming date with this girl I work with. Now do i approach this differently or go in as normal :lol: If something goes wrong I still have to work with this girl but then again if it gets *aherm* further on again I still have to work with her (that sounds wierd that :lol: )

Any advice from you wise esteemed members of gtp would be appreciated :D

Don't date people you work with, no matter how cute. It isn't professional, or wise.

As you are going on a date with her, just act how you always have around her. She has agreed to go on a date with you for a reason (either she wants to run away with all your cash moniezz or maybe, just maybe, she might be interested in you for who you are!).

It is considered to be unprofessional but if you feel like you have a bit of a connection with her I say go for it, I know a few couples who met in the workplace, some of them even married with kid's now.

Dating people you work with is questionable. If you actually have to deal with them on a regular basis it can be awkward if things ever go south. If you never actually see them then it might not be an issue.

Ignore all this "it's unprofessional to date a work collegue", just be yourself and enjoy the date. If it's meant to be, it is. If not, life goes on :)

I have always had and will always have an extremely stricked no dating people at work. Not a good idea in my opinion but to each their own.

If it's meant to be, it is. If not, life goes on :)

Yes, except that on Monday morning you have to meet each other again... and on Tuesday... and on Wednesday...

It's even worse if you have to work together in a team environment or one of you is more senior that the other. There will be best be some very awkward moments.

Take it from me, years ago I dated one of my bosses daughters. What seems a good idea at the time... :scared:

Plus if you're honest with yourself, a 10/10 in the office usually turns out to be a 6/10 in the outside world. ;)

Okay then :lol: She is only a temp so if it does go south then it will only be for like a month :)

I started dating my missus when we worked together (In a small group, so I actually directly worked with her) and we've been together 5 years now. But it's a risk/reward situation.

Since you profile doesn't state your age and as occupation you have listed student I'll take a stab in the dark and presume your still pretty young.
Go for it mate, if it goes south you wont be working with each other for long anyway.
If I'm wrong and you plan of making a career from your current employment it's probably best not to.

Cheers Shaun

I heard a figure a while back on a TV show that 70% of relationships start in the workplace so I say go for it.

Stuff like it being "unprofessional" etc depend entirely on the workplace itself. I work in an ASDA so its pretty easy to avoid people if it does go south, particularly if they work a different area of the shop. A small office on the other hand it could be more awkward.

Just hit it and ditch it. Then all you have to do is sit back at work and watch all the insane girl games she'll start playing. I hope you like rumors and lies about you! :cheers:

:lol: I think not. My sister works in the same place. I work in matalan by the way :lol: "wooo" So if rumors spread around the girls it will get to my sister which as major no no.

:lol: I think not. My sister works in the same place. I work in matalan by the way :lol: "wooo" So if rumors spread around the girls it will get to my sister which as major no no.

Deny ALL the things.

But seriously, just have fun on the date. If it works out, great. If it doesn't, it'll be awkward at work for a while then you'll just laugh back on it 👍

what is your company policy for that?

When I worked for Audi, I hit on the receptionist and got fired! (though we had 4 great months together)

So think before doing anything! ponder your choices!

If she could be the one go for it, jobs can be found more easily then the one. But I don't know your situation, so anyway it's up to you

Personally i wouldn't do it.I did it twice and it didn't turn out so well.

Think of it this way,do you like having money?Or do you like being jobless?When a workplace date/relationship goes sour it can cause you/her to do things you wouldn't normally do.Which can in fact cost you your job.

I've been at my workplace for 12 years and i'll never do the dating thing again.So what i'm trying to say is "work always comes first".

As she is only a temp.....go for it Ellis!!! :D if something does go wrong you wont have to put up with it for that long before she leaves :) bite the bullet and go for it mate, we only live once :)

I have an up and coming date with this girl I work with. Now do i approach this differently or go in as normal :lol: If something goes wrong I still have to work with this girl but then again if it gets *aherm* further on again I still have to work with her (that sounds wierd that :lol: )

Any advice from you wise esteemed members of gtp would be appreciated :D

Go for it.

You only have one life.

Back