David and Goliath stories?

  • Thread starter Thread starter j()$#
  • 46 comments
  • 4,998 views
Messages
33
I was reading here about a 60's model Alfa Romeo (forgot which one, sorry) winning the Nurb' 4hr which got me thinking,

What is everybody elses best David and Goliath story they have had so far?

I'm looking for inspiration for races against the AI, to make it a bit more interesting. I haven't gotten very far since I lost me gamesave but once I can afford it I might give your stories a go.
 
Ginetta G4 '64 is a fun little car, I like running it in the TURBO races on the expert level.
 
Was playing online the other day on Trial Mountain was leading the race in my ISF, being up against a Amuse Carbon R and the Peaks Pike Escudo, was leading for about .5-1 sec then on the last lap either my internet connection went or I got got kicked.

Felt good taking AWD cars down in a RWD car forgot to mention as well tyres where set to sport hard so the other too probably had too much power for their own good lol.
 
Ahh the litthe Ginetta. I hated that thing in GT4, maybe I should give it another go soon
 
Ginetta G4 is a lovable little car with great potentials! I have it NA tunied and using it to thrash much more powerful cars in online races :D :D ...... * j()$# * give a try with a wheel and you will love it ;)
 
Ahh the litthe Ginetta. I hated that thing in GT4, maybe I should give it another go soon

You should, it's insane! You'd better be a good driver though, since it has no Downforce & Coupled with it's light weight and thin tyres, it likes to slide.

So much fun though! 👍
 
Does an Autobianchi A112 Abarth destroying Golf RMs and Mugen Civics in the 'ring count? If so, that's pretty much it.
 
Try the suzuki gsxr-4 tuned it has around 280bhp but will easily dispatch most cars upto 500hp. Ive raced mine against jgtc cars and put them to shame.
Very underated car
 
The final A-spec race series (Dream Car?), i drove a standard Mclaren F1 road car, the other cars were racing cars including a the Jaguar XJ9 (Group C Lemans prototype car), in theory i should not have even stood a chance but it was quite a clean set of wins.
 
Stock Caterham (still requiring an oil change) against super cars.

I also enter it into a series of races can't remember which ones though, but I had to upgrade to sports soft tyres for the last race.
 
I won the Nordschleife Schwarzwald League B in a cranked VW Mk I and the Nürb 24h of the Dream Car Championship in a Lotus 111 RM :)
 
The other night I won the Dream Car Championship with my ZR1 RM. The 'Vette is outclassed by the 900+ hp purpose built race cars in that series, so it comes down to the driver. I'd looped the 'Vette in a couple of earlier races which put me in the predicament below.

I was tied for first going in to the last race at Tokyo. In the final corner (the underpass) I made the move for 2nd, passing the AI I was tied with. He had a better exit and overtook me out of the corner. He was faster and pulled away on the straight.

Luckily, the AI tends to brake just a little for the kink on the S/F straight, which was enough for me to get a slight run from about 5 cars back and catch a draft. I finished 0.02 ahead of 3rd for the points win. I literally cheered.
 
In the Extreme | European Championship I managed to humiliate the BMW M3 CSL with a fully stock Audi TT (not the TT-S, mind you). It was quite difficult though.
 
I was online at Nurb Nordschleife and trounced some yo yo who was driving a Veyron with racing softs and I was in my stock 2000 Lotus Esprit V8 Twin with sport softs. He kept passing me in the straights and then slamming into the fences and guard rails. It was funny.
 
My best so far was winning the LeMans 24h in a 970kg/523kw (~701 BHP) McLaren F1 '94. Great fun!
 
Last edited:
If my memory doesn't fail I won on the 'Ring with a Midget against a Ferrari 512BB and a Elise 111R:)
 
I usually run my MR2 SC against the larger, faster and more powerful sportscars/track cars and for the most part I usually will place midpack or podium. It surprises many new and old timers.

For the crap talkers I'll bust out the Autobacs MRS and embarrass them.
 
My best was winning a 'race' against ten year olds in my Tuned pink Sambabus.

It's epic to see that thing finish ahead of X2010s:lol:

Other than that, the Tuscan RM does and extremely good job against cars with 200+hp more.
 
Last edited:
Oh, and my GT by Citroen Concept Car is such a beast online:) No gears, no wheel spin, under or oversteer, it's a electric dream...and it's heavy:D
 
I destoryed someone in a lamborghini murcielago sv in my pimped out 795bhp audi q7 (called pikes peak concept in the game but it lead to the q7 so).
 
The other night I won the Dream Car Championship with my ZR1 RM. The 'Vette is outclassed by the 900+ hp purpose built race cars in that series, so it comes down to the driver. I'd looped the 'Vette in a couple of earlier races which put me in the predicament below.

I was tied for first going in to the last race at Tokyo. In the final corner (the underpass) I made the move for 2nd, passing the AI I was tied with. He had a better exit and overtook me out of the corner. He was faster and pulled away on the straight.

Luckily, the AI tends to brake just a little for the kink on the S/F straight, which was enough for me to get a slight run from about 5 cars back and catch a draft. I finished 0.02 ahead of 3rd for the points win. I literally cheered.

I did it in the Citroen GT Race car which is only like 600 HP. It was tough for sure!

As for me I tend to find myself going underpowered often in public rooms and having no problem podiuming or winning in cars that are 100-300hp down. The other night I picked up a 3rd place (of 12) in an 800 HP room in my Amuse S2000 GT1 '04 which is only 547 HP. I then came in second (of 10) on the Nurburgring Nordschliefe in my stock (+race soft) 458 Italia with the same 800 hp limit. Won it next time around in my tuned 09 GTR Spec V with 530 HP. I've also picked up many wins in my Mazda6 Touring car which is only 320 HP, I can usually keep up with the leaders easily even if they are hitting 400-450 hp. All depends on the room, sometimes you get some aliens that are just fast as heck no matter what car and I've got no shot.

However theres a group that I run with all the time at the Nordschleife thats all fast guys, we run a 500-530 HP limit and our cars are all perfectly tuned for the room/track. Some nights I do ok, but some I have a hard time not coming in last!

EDIT: PS can't wait to try my new "ride" in public rooms, those who ran with me last night in our Nurburgring room know what I'm talking about hehe. Will probably piss people off as they don't want to lose to a......
 
Last edited:
I once beat SLS's and M3's on the nurburgriing in my original mini, tuned of course :D
 
I like beating other racers online in my WRX Wagon! They don't realize it is just as fast as the sedans and coupes, and they feel bad when they lose to it.
 
Winning the Grand Valley & Laguna Seca Enduros in my Suzuki Cappuccino (non RM mod),was pretty cool.
Fav though was winning the Laguna Seca race in the Supercar Nostalgia cup in my Fiat 500 F '68. Beating those Lambos,Ferraris etc in my little 90BHP 500 was pretty epic.I did attemt Laguna Seca enduro in the 500 was dong great for 40 laps and got slammed into the wall and fell too far behind was not amused.
 
Awesome, I've got one of my own to add.
Just won the High Speed Ring race in Supercar Festival in my FT-86 Concept '09
Any more guys?
 
I have two for my renault super avantime! There was the online race against some serious lmp cars. And R8... Pescarolos and 908. We were at autumn ring mini, and i qualified the fastest by maybe cheating with an x2010 while no one was looking!
Lol so i started in my avantime in pole and after five laps was at the back of the pack but it was soo close! Literally finished up one second down on first... and not in last! My avantime has also completely won both the supercar championship and the PD cup. XD
Then there is my accord that won the supercar race at nurburgring, really fun!
But best of all was online after we got power limiters and ballast. A full one lap dogfight on 24h nurburgring between my mclaren mp4 and some nearly stock 09 civic type R! Lol
 
This was a couple of months back.

I attempted Daytona in Like the Wind for the second time. Recently won the Mazda Furai as well. I'd beaten the Road Course Indy with the Corvette ZR1 RM, but for whatever reason, I just couldn't beat Daytona with it. I would always lose out in the corners. I read somewhere online that the Furai would be good enough to win, if it were set up properly.

Long story short, it was good enough.

I did win.

By .010 seconds.

Barely got in front of that creeping Sauber Merc.

Unbelievable. A car that was 250 HP or more down the rest of the field. And I got the trophy as well. All it took was a ton of drafting, and some overly defensive driving. :sly:
 
Yesterday, I came 1st on Nordschleife with an Audi RS6 Avant (the wagon one), in front of some race cars, Lambos and Ferraris. Not that the RS wasn't capable, but that it was a rather family friendly body style...
 
Almost won the extreme Schwarzwald race with a mk1 golf. I'll add the final 20hp (220hp) and try again. I just keep getting killed on the straights. Then again the competition does have 600hp.
 
Smashing class C cars with the rs6 is always great fun.. for example like the wind
 
Back