David and Goliath stories?

  • Thread starter Thread starter j()$#
  • 46 comments
  • 4,998 views
fully tuned '49 (or w/e the year is) Volkswagen Beetle up against super cars like GTR spec-vs, Ford GTs, SLS AMG, Corvette ZR1 and all that on a long, hilly Mt Aso track I made. And yes, I won! Im pretty sure I saved the replay too!
 
Entered my peugeot 106 rallye in a 450 pp race online. Everyone dropped pp to make the limit, ( the 106 was maxed at 449) was running against a wedsport 350, Evo's, wrx's etc etc. Up the hill on cote d'azure just drove past everyone like they were going backwards. Got some grunt for a little motor
 
Entered my peugeot 106 rallye in a 450 pp race online. Everyone dropped pp to make the limit, ( the 106 was maxed at 449) was running against a wedsport 350, Evo's, wrx's etc etc. Up the hill on cote d'azure just drove past everyone like they were going backwards. Got some grunt for a little motor

Yet more proof a car built to PP is better than a car dropped to PP.
 
Fiat 500 (new one of course) demolishing the competition in the Polyphony Digital Cup at Trial Mountain).
So much fun, riding 2 wheels through EVERY corner...and I may have also finished the race on my roof a bit...:scared:
 
Do the civic mugen motul in the turbo or power race or something like that, dont tune it
 
Not sure if these really count as David vs Goliath, but I always tend to make it as hard as possible:

Running the DTM Nordschleife race in an Opel Astra with 200kg of ballast(don't remember which way I shifted it) and a 50% restrictor, on Racing Hard tires(not sure which they use) was pretty fun. Also shows how ridiculous the AIs are at the ring. Same car, just heavier and with only half the power can still beat them, although it required utilizing the superdraft on the Döttinger Höhe to get past the last one, in fact just to avoid half the field flying past me.

My favorite offline moment was probably doing the Grand Valley 300 in my 100% showroom stock(plus only oil change that had long since lost it's bonus hp) '10 Camaro. Sports Hard tires, 100kg Ballast, restricted to just over 300hp(I think 304). Couldn't even keep up with the one-stopping RX-7 in the first stint, driving as hard as I could while stretching the tires to get over 20 laps with the first set and trying to lose as little time as possible. Stop, take no fuel, and start reeling him in. Take the lead on lap 33 a little over an hour into the race, a couple laps before he pits. Give up the lead on my 2nd pit stop and then run him down. After a battle(yes, I actually managed to have a fight with an AI car somehow) that lasted for 2 or 3 laps I took the lead on lap 55, as my tires were nearing the point that he would be faster than me. Managed to hold him off by 2.8 seconds for the win after 2 hours 20 minutes of racing as hard but smooth as I could and with NO spins, crashes, or other mistakes costing more than a couple of tenths at a time.

Oh, and for some reason I found it really amusing that the driver of the RX-7 was named F. Eisenhauer.
 
Best thing is beating people by using a pink Prius.
 
I won the muscle car challenge using a Ford F-150 Lightning and I've been able to win a lot of races using the truck against high powered sports cars.
I finished a respectable 9th at Trial Mountain on the GT All-Stars series.
 
Best thing is beating people by using a pink Prius.

A wise man once told me: There's nothing wrong with driving a pink car, as long as you are fast. Guys HATE getting beat by a pink car.

I'm sure the Prius just makes it worse/better. :)
 
I was keeping up with an Amuse GT1 Turbo last night in between the Karussels in my 330bhp Citroen C4. Great fun, especially seeing him get sloppier and sloppier as I was getting closer :)
 
Not really a story but I would love to see a Ford Ka or a Fiat 500 beat a X1 in a race. That would be the most awkward moment ever!
 
Won the Supercar championship race at daytona in a subaru WRX friggen insane
 
My friend beat me in a Fiat 500 when I was in a Zonda R. The only reason was I was sideways for half the track.
Another time was when another of my friends in a Honda Mugen Motul Civic beat another friend who was in a TVR Tuscan Speed 6
 
Also spent 2 hours trying to win Gran Turismo all stars at the Nürb (you know the one with all the LMP cars?) in a Mclaren F1 '94. The only thing I couldn't beat was the Judd GV5
 
Won first place in both events at the Historic Racing Cup with a RM'd Chevy Camaro 69. :D
 
RUF 911 GT3 (Okay, not exactly David) versus a Zonda and a Gallardo.

Wouldn't have stood a chance if the RUF wasn't tuned for turn-heavy courses.
 
I had one against my brother in 2p split screen. I'll have a video of it soon titled Beauty vs Beast.

I was driving a stock lancia stratos rally car with sports mediums and my brother was driving the Honda Space Odyssey (honda odyssey with max tune 400hp and racing softs) round the ring. I beat him eventually but it was a surprisingly close race, the ugly as sin odyssey blocking and bumping me and the nimble stratos sliding on the edge of grip.
 
Back