Daytona 24HR

  • Thread starter Thread starter AnalogAssassin
  • 14 comments
  • 1,416 views
Messages
103
United States
Newbury Park,CA
Messages
GTP_AnalogDad
Messages
EFI Dyno2NR
I am running and watching the race live, anyone have a race or lounge doing the same?đź’ˇ
 
So ur watching a real life race. and mimic'ing it on gt5
 
I was doing something similar earlier, it was only like 8 people and it was 99 laps around Daytona in Le Mans cars :p
Race end early because of nearly everyone having bad connection..

If you want I could see if I could see if I can get it running again. It'd have to wait until tomorrow though.
 
Dear god... I can't imagine going around Daytona for 24 hours. The monotony would be unbearable.
 
Same. i only attmepted a-spec indi 500 when i got my red bull. And speaking of that race, i had cut my fuel consumtion so close at the last lap i ran out of fuel on the last corner and coasted to the finish LOL
 
Time change and faster fuel and tyre wear would cure the boredom. One of the biggest races and can't understand why PD didnt at least make an update. There's 2 versions of Spa/Le Mans 4 versions of the 'Ring( plus headlights on versions). At least headlights on and sunset version would have been ok. Suzuka have 2 versions as well. Route X time change. Who knows what they do?
 
Dear god... I can't imagine going around Daytona for 24 hours. The monotony would be unbearable.

That is just crazy. The fact that the DP cars are averaging 1:43.xxx laps and in that 113 second you are making a minimum of 100 split second decisions means your brain would have no rest in the lap. The only thing you would feel is exhilaration and exhaustion. That is a fact, not an opinion.

Laguna Seca and Willow Springs only provide a few places to rest your brain during a lap, let alone Daytona with tat many cars on track at the same time and runnin two completely different paces. So unless you do it in real life, you would have no clue what I am talking about.

Time change and faster fuel and tyre wear would cure the boredom. One of the biggest races and can't understand why PD didnt at least make an update. There's 2 versions of Spa/Le Mans 4 versions of the 'Ring( plus headlights on versions). At least headlights on and sunset version would have been ok. Suzuka have 2 versions as well. Route X time change. Who knows what they do?

I agree 100% . PD needs to set up more endurance races in the sim environment for the hardcore drivers and those using the game to keep fresh for race season like myself.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, after watching the GX Class winning Cayman cross the finish line, I want it in the game!!!
 
Time change and faster fuel and tyre wear would cure the boredom. One of the biggest races and can't understand why PD didnt at least make an update. There's 2 versions of Spa/Le Mans 4 versions of the 'Ring( plus headlights on versions). At least headlights on and sunset version would have been ok. Suzuka have 2 versions as well. Route X time change. Who knows what they do?

I'm still wondering why they just don't copy/paste time change code to other tracks. Weather changes I can live without but, IMO, day/night is a must.
 
Eks
I'm still wondering why they just don't copy/paste time change code to other tracks. Weather changes I can live without but, IMO, day/night is a must.

Wouldnt they need to create the lighting changes for each track?

I doubt it is as easy as copying code otherwise all tracks would have time change.
 
That is just crazy. The fact that the DP cars are averaging 1:43.xxx laps and in that 113 second you are making a minimum of 100 split second decisions means your brain would have no rest in the lap. The only thing you would feel is exhilaration and exhaustion. That is a fact, not an opinion.

I agree with you here.

I would so love to get Daytona with day/night changes so we can run Endurances there. After all, it is the most famous US endurance race.
 
I agree with you here.

I would so love to get Daytona with day/night changes so we can run Endurances there. After all, it is the most famous US endurance race.

Absolutely. Being THE premier motorsports event stateside, you would think PD might consider that and make it time/weather change. They do it for Le Mans and Nur, why not make a patch and give it the same option.

If you look at the options in a room, the time change is set to 1 and then crossed out with a red line, why not just make it changeable and call it a day?

:cheers:
 
I would so love to get Daytona with day/night changes so we can run Endurances there. After all, it is the most famous US endurance race.

I'm with you there!👍
 
PD could at least create Seasonal Events to coincide with the real events. Sure 24 hours isn't practical. But, why not a 20 or 50 lap race? They've had opportunities to use these tools since GT5p. They continue to fail in this area in a massive level.

This past Sunday, instead of posting something about the 24 Hours of Daytona, Kaz posted some crap on his Facebook wall about blooming flowers!

I don't think they truly realize what kind of gold mine they are sitting on with this Internet thing. The word "clueless" comes to mind.

Not adding day/night to the Daytona tracks is just ridiculous.
 
Back