Daytona Road Course 1-Lap Attack: M4 M Performance Edition

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 75 comments
ODB
Yeah insane time!! 👍 Second behind you, any tips? :lol:

Turn 1:İn the exit use 3rd gear. İn this corner your break point is really important.

Turn 2:Bit early break and down 1st gear. At exit use 2nd gear

Turn 3: Turn on widest line. Your 2 tyres can be out of white line. Close inside with gas.

Turn 4: be attention of the grass in the enter of corner. Here is 2nd gear will be best for me but 3rd gear is more safety.

Turn 5(bus stop): Cant say anything. Just need true reaction.

Sorry for my english

Turn 1:İn the exit use 3rd gear. İn this corner your break point is really important.

Turn 2:Bit early break and down 1st gear. At exit use 2nd gear

Turn 3: Turn on widest line. Your 2 tyres can be out of white line. Close inside with gas.

Turn 4: be attention of the grass in the enter of corner. Here is 2nd gear will be best for me but 3rd gear is more safety.

Turn 5(bus stop): Cant say anything. Just need true reaction.

Sorry for my english
No problem, thanks for tips! I got the brake points pretty good for the field section but the turn 3 is really tempting to turn in too early. At least on friday I still had pretty good rhythmn trough the first part and I really think my problem with bus stop was braking bit too late and turning in too late... But yeah, three days to go, lets see if I can figure that bus stop by then :)

EDIT: holy **** only two days left :eek: Time for some "panic attack" today and tomorrow :lol:

Last edited:
ODB
No problem, thanks for tips! I got the brake points pretty good for the field section but the turn 3 is really tempting to turn in too early. At least on friday I still had pretty good rhythmn trough the first part and I really think my problem with bus stop was braking bit too late and turning in too late... But yeah, three days to go, lets see if I can figure that bus stop by then :)

EDIT: holy **** only two days left :eek: Time for some "panic attack" today and tomorrow :lol:

maybe its not great helping for you but i check my speed. Push break at 261-262 kmh. Maybe will better for you

maybe its not great helping for you but i check my speed. Push break at 261-262 kmh. Maybe will better for you
Hmm, seems like I have to brake and turn in while still braking, I'll try if those km/h figures give any help.

Thanks!!👍

Hmm, seems like it works if I brake immediately when it turns to 163 Km/h, I haven't used speed o meter as a braking point ever I think :dopey: I mean it crosses my mind every now and then but I have never tried before, seems like there's always at least some sort of braking point to find...

EDIT: ok seems like this 263 km/h braking point helps, at least I don't have to guess when I'm suppose to brake, still needs well timed turn in but this helped already! Even made modest improvement! Thanks once more :cheers:
image.jpg

Last edited:
ODB
Hmm, seems like I have to brake and turn in while still braking, I'll try if those km/h figures give any help.

Thanks!!👍

Hmm, seems like it works if I brake immediately when it turns to 163 Km/h, I haven't used speed o meter as a braking point ever I think :dopey: I mean it crosses my mind every now and then but I have never tried before, seems like there's always at least some sort of braking point to find...

EDIT: ok seems like this 263 km/h braking point helps, at least I don't have to guess when I'm suppose to brake, still needs well timed turn in but this helped already! Even made modest improvement! Thanks once more :cheers:
View attachment 265624

Really happy bro. Well done

ODB

Thanks!!👍

View attachment 265624

If you're talking about braking for the bus stop, I haven't given this TT much time at all, but I used the lamp posts/ light poles on the left on the infield. I think I was braking a fraction before the second to last one :cheers:

If you're talking about braking for the bus stop, I haven't given this TT much time at all, but I used the lamp posts/ light poles on the left on the infield. I think I was braking a fraction before the second to last one :cheers:
Damn, I should have started asking tips for it bit earlier :lol: But yeah, at least yesterday 263km/h worked fine, have to see how it works today! Lots of room for improvement but it's gonna be amazing if I manage to improve any further... I'm really hoping so though :lol:

I'm done at a 1:56.337.

There's a good .2 left in the infield, but I've run out of time. For some reason I just could not get the hairpin right and was never within .12 of my best through sector 1 as a result. :rolleyes:. There's a good .07 left in the run out onto the banking as well, but I nailed turn 3 and the bus-stop.

I'm done at a 1:56.337.

There's a good .2 left in the infield, but I've run out of time. For some reason I just could not get the hairpin right and was never within .12 of my best through sector 1 as a result. :rolleyes:. There's a good .07 left in the run out onto the banking as well, but I nailed turn 3 and the bus-stop.

Really well done! great time :cheers: I was having bad time with that hairpin also today, but seemed like it needs really good exit from the first turn and then really good maneuvering to make it work. Bit throttle maybe when dropping to first gear...

But yeah, I really have to mention that I had a god damn 6 hour stint today!! Was easily one of the longest I have had grinding these TT's, and I really was about to give up already after two hours (and probably should have:lol:) but finally on what I think was literally my last strength I managed to improve to 1:56.405!!!! It was only .075 improvement but damn I was happy as hell to get it :lol: I mean I don't want to even start guessing how many times I was ahead of my ghost before that damn bus stop but I kept messing it up every time 🤬

And yeah, @Ayhancan1998 tip really helped, even though it was quite simple but it really gave me more confidence on that bus stop witch was insanely hard set of corners altogether!! And maybe I'll remember this same brake system in some future event when I have trouble, really good tip!!

:gtpflag:

Had one last session to try and improve, just couldn't get the bus stop right. Ended up with a 1'56.231. Congrats to Dan on his stunning P1 lap!

Phew.. Man that's one of the ugliest.. Unenjoyable TT's I've ever played!

Just managed to pop myself in the top 100 with a few hours left.. Just behind you @Evo19uk with a 1:56.648.

Well done mate. I had a few red attempts last night also, 56.3 and a 56.2.. Only improved by 800 hundredths... Sort of got the bus stop a hell of alot better but started losing time elsewhere haha... Oh well :)

Ok, there's probably some seasoned players in this thread so I would like to ask couple of rookie questions.

Does mileage have effect to the cars chassis? I mean it felt that I made best laps before car got to 200km, and after I restarted the car it really felt like it was sliding much more? Or was it just delusion?

Also was there two different weathers, one bit sunnier than other? I mean many TT's have two different weathers (I think) but is there some system that decides on witch lay out you're driving or is it purely random??

I tried that VGT TT and I had to stop after I got gold, and after that I had to do couple of laps on Daytona, damn that M4 drives beautifully, especially compared to that god damn VGT!! That Subaru felt like some sort of joke to me after that M4 :lol: Naah, hope you guys can enjoy that event more than I :lol:

Back