33elagx.png

ds3.gif

Developer - Visceral Games
Publisher - Electronic Arts
Engine - Visceral Engine
Platforms - Windows PC, PS3, X360
Release dates - NA - February 5, 2013, EU - February 8, 2013
Genres - Third-person shooter, survival horror
Modes - Single-player, Online Co-op (No split-screen)

After the Sprawl incident, Isaac and Ellie discover Tau Volantis, where the ruins of another planetcracker ship are found. Realizing that these miners had found the "source" of the Markers, they meet Sgt. John Carver and crash-land on the frigid planet; however, Ellie is separated from the others in the process. As a result, Isaac resolves to save her along with his original goal of stopping the Markers. Many obstacles the two must face include a new human enemy, Unitologist soldiers; environmental hazards like falling machinery and a giant mining drill; and new variants of Necromorph like the giant insect-like Nexus.

Dead Space 3 | GamesCom Trailer 2012

First Official Gameplay

E3 2012 Official Announce Trailer

242u0iv.jpg

ds32.gif

Last edited:
I am getting Dead Space 2 soon, been playing the 1st one at impossible mode. Looking forward for the 3rd one, looks very promising.

From what I have seen. This does not look as good as the first two .

Eudora Gameplay Dev Walkthrough

n6uxlj.jpg

I'm hoping EA's ways hasn't destroyed another series I enjoy. We'll see.

Last edited:
I regret that I ever bought Dead Space 2, because I absolutely hated it.

I got interested in it when I saw Dead Space 1, but the second game wasn't nearly as fun looking. I did about half of all missions in Dead Space 2, but they all were exactly the same; Pitch-black rooms where you need to unlock doors or switches or whatever and monsters just randomly popping out of walls.

I grew tired of this game just wanting to scare you every 15 seconds instead of it being a fun third-person shooter with some great scenery. I mean, Isaac's in space on a broken spaceship, then show some scenery instead of making every room so dark. Dead Space 3 seems much of the same; Walk here, monster will pop out to try and scare you. Walk there, you nearly fall off a cliff or a door cuts you half. I just feel the game tries more to scare you than being an all around fun and good shooter. Being a horror game is one thing. Being a horror game and it being good fun at the same time is something completely different.

At one moment I just realized I was merely popping in DS:2 into the tray just because I felt I needed to complete the game. I actually never had fun from the start.

New Trailer

Visceral Games Brings Voice Control to Dead Space 3, Making It the First Co-Op Game to Feature Voice Commands on Kinect for Xbox 360

Visceral Games
Find partner! Fire stasis! Attack Enemy! Visceral Games, an Electronic Arts studio, today announced that the first big blockbuster launch of 2013, Dead Space 3, will be available exclusively on Kinect for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. The all-new Kinect functionality further immerses players into the Dead Space universe by allowing players to use simple voice commands to help a friend from the onslaught of horrors and thrills that awaits them in this spine-tingling new adventure. Dead Space 3 featuring Kinect will make it easier for co-op partners to give each other health or ammo, find objectives, revive one another and more when the game launches February 5, 2013.

“The voice commands in Dead Space 3 give players a unique way to take down the terror, whether they choose to face the Necromorphs alone in single-player, or alongside a friend with drop-in / drop-out co-op,” said Steve Papoutsis, Executive Producer on Dead Space 3 and VP, General Manager of Visceral Games. “Dead Space 3 delivers the action-horror experience our fans have come to know and love. And with the ability to survive the adventure alone, with a friend, or with Kinect, we’re excited about extending the spine-tingling Dead Space experience to a whole new audience of players.”

Could you not just use your headset and chat instead of fannying around with the kinect?

Dead Space 3 Demo Announced.

AGBeta
Visceral Games, an Electronic Arts studio, today announced that a downloadable demo for Dead Space 3, the first entertainment blockbuster of 2013, will be available for download on Xbox Live Marketplace and PlayStation Network starting on January 22. Exclusively for Xbox 360, gamers who want a chance to play the demo one week early, can sign up on demo.deadspace.com. In the demo, players will be thrust into deep space terror when unwilling hero – Isaac Clarke – and all-new co-op companion – Sergeant John Carver – crash land on Tau Volantis, an unforgiving ice planet teeming with Necromorphs. Dead Space 3 takes the franchise’s core elements of suspense, horror, action and sound and introduces them to all-new elements – including co-op play - that allows players to work together to take down the most ambitious Dead Space experience yet.

I have never played any of the other Dead Space games...but..... I LOVED THE DEMO!!! I played through the co-op 1 time with my friend and we will both be buying this game for sure. :) The gameplay and graphics felt like a nice mix between Mass Effect 3 and Lost Planet 1. 👍

Well I was interested, but paying for weapons in a retail game, even if it's just a shortcut :

**** *** EA

Well I was interested, but paying for weapons in a retail game, even if it's just a shortcut :

**** *** EA
I am not a fan of EA at all but you dont have to pay for the weapons. They are just there if you WANT to. I prefer to earn them in game.

Back