DeadNutsEven - Where anyone can win!!

• Thread starter Johnnypenso
  • 2,278 comments
Not sure how regular. Going to be at least a couple weeks before the next one. Once a month or maybe more if other events aren't scheduled. Depends on level of interest and we will see who comes back for round 2. Some drivers may want more and we will send them here if you like.

GTP Registry members only... Although anyone can qualify for the registry. It only takes a little effort.

I wouldn't mind joining you guys for a race or two if I'm welcome. Really like the format.

Thanks for the response... You're more than welcome to join us, or send other WRS'ers our way, we'd be more than happy to have you. 👍

JP, I sent you something :) Anyone wanted a car tuned or paints, lemme know, I always have free gift available :embarrassed:

Managed another car tuned with CS tire, BMW 135i and the Concept version as well, really good balance at the esses and tight corners, able to hold similar speed to Viper GTS and other similar supercars level handling.

This is stuff that I guess I know, but in the heat of a race, when you're battling for a position, any position, it just goes out of your head for a second and you lose sense of what you're really racing for - for fun in this case (for me at least - I cannot gain much from getting the podium, or getting the win all the time, other than the self-esteem) so really I know myself, I should probably be much less aggressive and take a bit more time thinking these things through properly when in situations like the above, and the example shown before (again that was me being too aggressive and not looking at my mini-map or behind to see if anyone was coming up behind).

I think now that this information and the GTPOLR is fresh in my mind (I read it only on Tuesday when I joined the WRS) it should be second nature on Monday. I shall get on with qualifying a car now. Still not sure what I want to drive though.

It does take time for it to all soak in. We are very patient with anyone who expresses the desire to learn and grow along with us and you've certainly done that as has everyone else at this point. Flex has been particularly positive and absorbing things like a sponge behind the scenes and it's really good to see. Just stay on this path and you'll be fine.👍

I wanted to comment on something else though. You said, "you lose sense of what you're really racing for - for fun in this case" Racing in DeadNuts is just for fun. Other Leagues are more serious. WMA ITCC is even offering cash prizes this season. PURE Events are always extremely well run and organized, with very strict rules and some serious talent.

But even though DeadNuts is just for fun, the kind of stuff we're advocating here, the "Classroom Lessons" if you will, the integrity, the honour, are the same guidelines I've followed in every race I've ever run on GT5, in any league, whether they promoted the GTPOLR or not. Racing with honour and integrity is for yourself first and foremost, but it's never slowed me down, and I've won my share of championships and plenty of races, even though I race as clean as is humanly possible for me. Being patient, not passing at every opportunity, choosing my spots, passing mostly with the draft and when others make mistakes, I think has actually made me faster and created more opportunities for me, not less. I've made mistakes don't get me wrong, but my intent is always to be as clean as possible, with as much integrity as possible, because without that, victory or a podium is meaningless to me.

I wouldn't mind joining you guys for a race or two if I'm welcome. Really like the format.

Anytime, just shoot us an FR to DeadNutsEven and don't forget to read the OP and brush up on the GTPOLR:sly:

Last edited:

Monday February 25, 8PM EST
autumnringreverse131csa.png

Q cars were the following on CS tires, ABS and Tire Wear Off:

Toyota Celica GT-Four Rally Car (ST205) 95’, Premium, Spec*, 454PP
Subaru Impreza WRC 08’, Premium, Spec*, 457PP
Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac Rally Car, Standard, Spec*, 455PP

Front Straight Top Speed - 172 km/h (107 mph) - 174 km/h (108 mph)
Max Speed - 178 km/h (111 mph)

Note: This is a dual compound race on Comfort Soft and Sports Hard Tires
If you cannot stay below the Max Speed on CS Tires, you must switch to SH.
Car selection is open WRC and Vintage Style Rally Cars only. This means no Pajero Raid Rally Cars or vehicles like it.

Heat 1: 5 laps, fastest first
Heat 2: 5 laps, reverse grid
Race 1, 2 and 3: 10 laps, reverse grid.

Take note Gentlemen. All three qualifying cars were completely stock except for ride height which were all set at -30/-30. The Subaru was the best handling of the three with the Mitsubishi close behind and the Toyota was a little understeery, easily correctable with a couple of points of front downforce.

An easy way to shave time, if you are hitting the top speed target but are over the time target, is to add downforce. I added +5/+5 to the Subaru and shaved 7/10ths of a second easily.

Credit for this idea goes to Cote Dazur:tup:

Last edited:
^ Do you guys ever race at tracks that aren't Autumn Ring?

Yes, quite often actually. I believe this is the first time racing here since an old AR Mini race back when I first joined the group several months ago.

The old format used to be we'd do two consecutive weeks at the same track with different specs and then not use the track for an extended period, but we'd kind of gotten away from it... Perhaps we're going back to that?

It's not my first choice of tracks either, but I think it will make for closer racing than most places.

Yes, quite often actually. I believe this is the first time racing here since an old AR Mini race back when I first joined the group several months ago.

The old format used to be we'd do two consecutive weeks at the same track with different specs and then not use the track for an extended period, but we'd kind of gotten away from it... Perhaps we're going back to that?

It's not my first choice of tracks either, but I think it will make for closer racing than most places.

We're trying to hit up every decent racing track in the game and mixing it up between the bigger faster tracks and tighter more technical tracks. The back to back was an idea that came up before in the hopes that in the second week, with more track familiarity, we'd have better racing. And now with the Saturday events thrown in once in a while it's going to be 3 in a row...lol:crazy:

Since it was brought up, I'm open to suggestion. If you guys don't like the back to back stuff we can mix it up more, or maybe go back to back only in the weeks without a Euro race. With the second week probably going to be a different time target anyway, it's no more or less work to go to another track. 👍

Special Euro-Friendly Time Slot Event
Saturday February 23, 10AM, 15:00 UTC
autumnringreverse135css.png

Q car is BMW Z4 at 345pp, 167 hp, 1267 kgs, CS Tires, tire wear off.
Front Straight Top Speed - 164 km/h (102 mph), Max Speed - 172 km/hr (107 mph)

Note: This is a dual compound race on Comfort Soft and Sports Hard Tires
If you cannot stay below the Max Speed on CS Tires, you must switch to SH.
Car selection is open to all but 4WD.

Heat 1: 4 laps, fastest first
Heat 2: 4 laps, reverse grid
Race 1, 2 and 3: 9 laps, reverse grid.

That last Euro Friend Time Slot Event had up to 9 drivers and went for 5 full races thanks to Cote Dazur. This time Ferraridude has stepped forward to do the hosting duties and with any luck it will be even better attended!!! The first race will begin at 10 am sharp barring any technical issues. Ferrari has an outstanding internet connection as well.

Last edited:
Since it was brought up, I'm open to suggestion. If you guys don't like the back to back stuff we can mix it up more, or maybe go back to back only in the weeks without a Euro race. With the second week probably going to be a different time target anyway, it's no more or less work to go to another track. 👍

Back to Back track with a different car bring the opportunity to try some themes, I think it is fun, I hope we keep it like that, with the exception that if the majority hate the track after the first event. LOL
my 2 cents! (which in Canada should be changed to my 5 cents as we just got rid of the 1 cent token).

My apologies, I didn't check the graphics close enough. I thought this was your fourth event on AR-R but two of those four were at GVE-R (the reverses confused me).

Should that be Saturday JP :)
:ouch::ouch:

Back to Back track with a different car bring the opportunity to try some themes, I think it is fun, I hope we keep it like that, with the exception that if the majority hate the track after the first event. LOL
my 2 cents! (which in Canada should be changed to my 5 cents as we just got rid of the 1 cent token).

I never thought of that...the phrase, "put my two cents in" is now obsolete here with the elimination of the penny!!!:irked::odd:

"Put my nickel in", just doesn't have the same ring to it:grumpy:

I like the back to backs, it really helps when it comes to learning a circuit. :) Did three race evenings at GVE-R and loved it more and more every time.

On SM/SH tires. 👍

RS tires anyone:sly: The cars really come alive on the softer tires that's for sure. An FF race is definitely in the works. I did try out the Trial Celica for Autumn Ring Reverse and it was too fast for me in the corners even on CS tires. I was down 12-14 km/h from the top speed target so I would have gotten destroyed on the front straight. Early on in the game, before the PP system when all racing online was HP/Weight limited, the Trial Celica was one of the sleeper cars, about as fast as the Lotus Elise if forced to run nearer the same weight.

They've kind of gotten buried in the avalanche of posts lately, so here are links to two important recent posts:

[post=8122531]Overlap, Re-entering the Track and the Rev-Limiter[/post]
[post=8134965]Leaving a Gap & When Not to Pass[/post]

These links are now in the OP, an OP that is pared down quite a bit from a couple of months ago:ouch:.

Autumn Ring Reverse is a tight and technical track and difficult to pass on. Being very patient here and waiting for your opponents to make a mistake is probably the best way to pass in addition to the front straight if you have a slight speed advantage. We'll be paying closer attention now to things like proper overlap and leaving a gap or margin for error, now that we all have a common set of guidelines to follow that lays out with examples, the meaning of some of the more important GTPOLR rules.

The Suzuka NSX is awesome around this track, I'm running about 180HP and still going 2 seconds under on CS. :scared:

Cote & I are ready for a race whenever one of you guys decide to show up. :lol: I guess I'll have to keep hopping while we wait. :sly:

Talking about lounge, join us, we are ready to race

It's Family Day here so business is slow. I'm just finishing drawing up a proposal and might pop in shortly, but I suspect everyone is gone now. I might actually work on the target for March 4 and get that out of the way as well.

The Suzuka NSX is awesome around this track, I'm running about 180HP and still going 2 seconds under on CS. :scared:

Cote & I are ready for a race whenever one of you guys decide to show up. :lol: I guess I'll have to keep hopping while we wait. :sly:

That was a heckuva tune if it's the one I'm thinking about, but I was just looking for it and realized I also tried to tune that car for the Nurb PP Board and don't have the Suzuka version anymore:grumpy:. If the three tunes are still on it, would you mind duping it and sending me a copy so I can post it? Or you can just send maybe the middleweight version in a PM. I shoulda kept a copy!!💡 I think the car is so grippy you might hit the target on CM's:scared:

Updating my entry:

Johnnypenso/NissanFairlady Z 300ZX TT 89'/Premium/371PP/Tuned/CS/NoABS/168KMH

Last edited:
That was a heckuva tune if it's the one I'm thinking about, but I was just looking for it and realized I also tried to tune that car for the Nurb PP Board and don't have the Suzuka version anymore:grumpy:. If the three tunes are still on it, would you mind duping it and sending me a copy so I can post it? Or you can just send maybe the middleweight version in a PM. I shoulda kept a copy!!💡 I think the car is so grippy you might hit the target on CM's:scared:

Yeah... Its max-ballasted, minimum powered, and still .3 seconds under consistently. It only goes 97mph on the main straight, so its out of question for tonight. I can take a picture of the settings sheet and send it to you in a PM if you want. 👍

I'm not in the lounge now, but I'm heading back in in a second once I find a different NSX to drive. :lol:

Ferraridude308/Shelby Cobra '66/Premium/453PP/Spec*/CS/NoABS/136MPH

Ferraridude308/Acura NSX '91/Premium/412PP/Spec*/CS/NoABS/106MPH

Ferraridude308/Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car '03/452PP/Spec*/CS/NoABS/106MPH

*Ballast & Power Limiter

Last edited:
My submission, at last:

iainoflo85/RUF 3400S '00/Standard/375PP/Tuned/CS/ABS/107mph

CSLACR tune from the FITT Nurburgring Shootout, just heavily detuned and ballasted to get in under the speed limit and hitting the target time, but really lovely car to drive even on CS tires.

Last edited:
Just got Dodge Challenger SRT8 dialled in, insane car, so much grip and stability even on stock suspension + transmission, 236 HP ( lots of limiter 57% ) 367PP and 1900kg :crazy:, top speed at just 98/99 mph and still 1:35.0xx and able to conquer the esses at the latter half above 62mph and negotiating 2 last corners at over 65mph and 45 mph, oh and this is on comfort soft :cool:

Someone should drive this car in the race, would be awesome ...

Last edited:
Back