Dealership Order?

• Thread starter gmrtom7
  • 21 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
gmrtom7
Hi, everyone. I've been playing GT for a while, and I'm on Day 136, and I'm waiting for an Enzo to show up. However, I am curious as to what the schedule for the dealerships is, as I've figured out that it isn't random. Is there anyone who knows the schedule, or at least when Ferrari turns up? Thanks everyone.

It is random actually, because my Ferrari appeared on day 27. If it's not random, there is a huge amount of lists programmed into the game, to vast for us to realize. Anyway, to be ready for when it does come, keep 1 mil. credits on hand. ;)

Well I'm on day 7x and Ferrari has showed up twice so maybe it is random.

Hey guys, its my first post here.
There is an order to the dealerships, they take 69 days to go through (counting day 1 as 0) a whole cycle. I've actually created a simple webpage where the list of days is posted with pictures of the cars present in the dealerships. It isn't very elaborate (actually is not at all and has weird text in the gaslleries, so do not pay attention to the details), but i thought it would get the job done. I also need to mention this is the US version of Gran turismo and I started with the Peugeot 206.

http://web.me.com/geoffroy.destenaves/GT_PSP

Enjoy.

There is an order to the dealerships, they take 69 days to go through (counting day 1 as 0) a whole cycle. I've actually created a simple webpage where the list of days is posted with pictures of the cars present in the dealerships. It isn't very elaborate (actually is not at all and has weird text in the gaslleries, so do not pay attention to the details), but i thought it would get the job done. I also need to mention this is the US version of Gran turismo and I started with the Peugeot 206.

Enjoy.

It looks like there's a pattern, however, I think everyone started off with a different set of dealerships and starting car for Day 1. For example, on mine, Bentley, Citroen, Dodge, and Dome show up as a group. This is the third time I've see this grouping and set of cars along with other set groupings. Maybe everyone has a unique set dealership rotation and it does goes in order.

Edit: US version; PSP started with Renault Megane

Enjoy.

I've not had any of those combinations of manufacturers so I believe its random.

The only thing that seems to be constant is that theres a set number of maxiumum vehicles each manufacturer can show, so if Toyota show up, it won't show all Toyotas, it will show 10 (or something i cant remember the exact number) random cars, and of those 10, it usually shows one 1,000,000+ car, one or two 100,000 cars and a variety of cars below 100,000. Exceptions being the manufacturers who only have a few cars, in which case it just shows all of them.

If there is a pattern the starting point is random, the first car I bought on day 1 was a 1971 Plymouth 'cuda 440 six pack.

I think the 72 day rotation is random every time you start a game. The idea is you wont get every car you want right away. I cant help but pick up those quick $30k-55 cars draining my saving for those cars I dont want to miss. This is addictive and I think it was their goal. This is the new CrackTurismo for me.

Ardius some times there will be 8-9 cars available from Toyota. Odd...

I think everyone should keep a record of which manufacturers show up every two days along with what the free starter car is. Then we would see if there is a pattern to it or if it is indeed random.

I have access to 3 original type PSP's and got a different starter car and Day 1 pattern on each. I noticed the restart on Day 71. Day 1 was as follows,,,

UK - PSP1003 - BMW 120i - Infiniti, Lancia, Mitsubishi and RUF - Bug D51, Lambo D61 and Ferrari D67

US - PSP1001 - Pontiac Vibe - Bentley, Honda, Nissan, Renault

Japan - PSP1000 - Peugeot 206 S16 - DMC, Mitsubishi, Mugen and Plymouth

Not very far in on the US and Japan PSP's. I had a couple of other memory cards to try. I used them with the US and Japan PSP's with identical results. I was pleased to get the R35 on Day 5 on the Japan PSP.

I got a Honda Fit for a starter car, and I started with Bentley, Bugatti, Chevrolet, and Polyphony Digital for starting dealerships. I've got the US version and a 1000, if that makes any difference. Personally, I think that there are a certain number of dealership orders that appear randomly when you start the game. For instance, I may get the Fit and the above dealerships, while someone else may start with the 206 and its dealerships on the exact same game. Just a thought.

I got a Honda Fit for a starter car, and I started with Bentley, Bugatti, Chevrolet, and Polyphony Digital for starting dealerships. I've got the US version and a 1000, if that makes any difference. Personally, I think that there are a certain number of dealership orders that appear randomly when you start the game. For instance, I may get the Fit and the above dealerships, while someone else may start with the 206 and its dealerships on the exact same game. Just a thought.

Same here. I bought a C5 Z06 with my starting cash. Never tried the Fit and I have no desire to.

It is completely random. Myself and 2 others in my department at work bought GT on release day. I got the (NA) PSN version, while the others bought the (NA) UMD version. I started with the Renault Megane, while the other two started with a Peugeot 206 and Volksvagen Golf GTI ('02 or '03). We looked at each others dealership screens, and they were all completely different.

It works quite well actually, especially when you know other people who own the game. For example, say I've been wanting an Enzo Ferrari and my friend wants a Veyron (both non sharable / tradeable). So if we see them in our garage before the other does, we'll buy them then trade them via ad-hoc. We play multiplayer on our breaks, so jackpot cash really helps in the cash department.

Japan - PSP1000 - Peugeot 206 S16 - DMC, Mitsubishi, Mugen and Plymouth

Exactly what I have (PSP), and exactly what I got when I started.

Same here, and other have reported the exact same start. So far, I have counted at least four people with this sequence. Too much coincidence to be random IMO. Rather than being completely random, I think the sequence is based on starter car (the starter car still might be random, but it's chosen from a limited list).

A question to anybody who started with the Peugeout 206 S16: did you get the sequence mentioned above, or did you get another?

I'm storing my sequence in an excel sheet, when it's done I'll post it so we can check if others have the same sequence.

It is completely random. Myself and 2 others in my department at work bought GT on release day. I got the (NA) PSN version, while the others bought the (NA) UMD version. I started with the Renault Megane, while the other two started with a Peugeot 206 and Volksvagen Golf GTI ('02 or '03). We looked at each others dealership screens, and they were all completely different.

It works quite well actually, especially when you know other people who own the game. For example, say I've been wanting an Enzo Ferrari and my friend wants a Veyron (both non sharable / tradeable). So if we see them in our garage before the other does, we'll buy them then trade them via ad-hoc. We play multiplayer on our breaks, so jackpot cash really helps in the cash department.

That's not proof that it's random. All that you have confirmed is that there is a different start dealer list if you have a different start car.

It is what happens with subsequent dealer changes every two days for people who have the same start car that will prove if it is truly random or if there is a pattern to it.

Same here. I bought a C5 Z06 with my starting cash. Never tried the Fit and I have no desire to.

Exactly the same.

UK PSP 1000 Release Model.

I found it interesting that using two other memory sticks I got the same starter car for the same PSP. I suspect that starter car and associated dealer order may be determined somehow from the PSP itself (which would tie in with the fact that you cannot download a save as it is linked to a specific machine).

I have a complete dealer list for the BMW 120i starter set up. Working on the other two.

I am going to double check the "wrong save" by using a save from one PSP on another and report my findings.

I'll post my BMW 120i dealer list when I am not on a PS3 with its limited input buffer.

Already under discussion here.

As we've determined there:
* The start car is the only variable
* The start car is not dependant upon the type of console used, or type (UMD/DL) or region of game
* The dealerships and the cars within them appear in a specific order depending upon the starter car

I'm currently working on a Megane starter car list. geoffroy21584 has already developed his own Peugeot 206 one.

Rogs' insight that the start car may be fixed to your console (so that a wholly new save game on the same console, even on a different stick, always generates the same start car) is of particular interest - it may mean that we can't have a single user generated list, but I'll try to stick as many as we can in the first post of that thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back