• 317 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
Edit:

So, your car/dealership cycles depend only on what the car you receive at the start and not your console type, game format or region.

I'll keep a list in here of all known cycles depending on first cars...

Alfa Romeo 147: Cars & Dealerships - Dr_JRE
BMW 120i: Dealerships only - RogsR34UK
Honda Fit: Cars & Dealerships - SilverEclipse01
Mazda Protege '02: None yet
MINI Cooper: Cars & Dealerships - Cruizer8
Peugeot 206: Cars & Dealerships - NLxAROSA
Pontiac Vibe: Cars & Dealerships - Han_the_Dragon
Renault Megane Cars & Dealerships - Famine
VW Golf GTi: Cars & Dealerships - peterjford

Attachments

• gtpspcarsMEGANE.zip
    128.7 KB · Views: 1,737
Last edited:
LOLOLOL at your new sig by the way...

Anyways, I can't remember all my first day but the Manufacturers included Mugen and I was given a 206.

My version is PAL download.

I have the PAL USB version. Can't remember the manufacturers but i know for sure TVR weren't amongst them.

Come to think of it, i'm on day 43 and i still haven't seen TVR.

Anyways, I can't remember all my first day but the Manufacturers included Mugen and I was given a 206.

My version is PAL download.
Same here. I was given Peugeot 206 and the starting dealerships were DMC, Plymouth, Mitsubishi and Mugen. I have the PAL UMD version, standard edition. The exact same dealership combination returned on day 71.

I had the same as you Famine. I'm guessing you also started with the Renualt Megane?

I have the free Go version.

Oh wow. That doesn't make life too 🤬 complicated then.

So. It might vary version to version as well as format to format, but seems to be standardised based on the random first car - which was, yes, the Megane in my case (well, after the SLR, Veyron, Citroen GT, ZR1, Enzo and Countach :D ).

*tears hair out in an excessively theatrical fashion*

I also noticed I got the same setup from day #1 on day #71 and #72. I'm sticking the dealership setup in an excel sheet now, will let you guys know when I'm at day 140. ;) I'm just putting the dealerships in, not the individual cars.

I have the Collector's Edition, started out with Pontiac Vibe and I got a different list than the one Famine posted.

I got the PSN version and I started with the mini. AC, Alfa, and Acura, FPV.
Waiting for my collectors edition to show up.

Last edited:
Hmm. I've been ploughing through the dealerships and I've reached cycle 6 now. So before I continue, I'm uploading this smaller version of the file which I'd like double-checking please.

In order to do this, you must have received the Renault Megane 2.0 16v '03 as a starter car

Please download this .zip. It unpacks to a .xls file which is a single overview sheet for cycles 1-6 (days 1-12, or 71-82, or 141-152 and so on). Please then compare this data to the data you have in-game. This will let me know if I should bother continuing or not.

Attachments

• MEGANEgtpspdealers.zip
    8.9 KB · Views: 262
Start car free download version PSP-GO in the UK = Renault Megane 2.0 16V '03 colour = Rouge Vif.

I don't have my dealer spreadsheet handy but I can confirm that 13 out of 14 cars bought match your spreadsheet exactly.

The one that doesn't match is on day 1 to 2 and is a Toyota Supra 2.5GT Twin Turbo R '90. It's not on your spreadsheet at all.

For anyone else with this starter car. You can check the View Records option on the main screen and then select the pen icon listed as recent events. It shows all the cars you have bought and on what day.

Start car was the Honda Vibe.

3 other people who had the Vibe also had the same 4 manufacturers as me also

Start car free download version PSP-GO in the UK = Renault Megane 2.0 16V '03 colour = Rouge Vif.

I don't have my dealer spreadsheet handy but I can confirm that 13 out of 14 cars bought match your spreadsheet exactly.

The one that doesn't match is on day 1 to 2 and is a Toyota Supra 2.5GT Twin Turbo R '90. It's not on your spreadsheet at all.

For anyone else with this starter car. You can check the View Records option on the main screen and then select the pen icon listed as recent events. It shows all the cars you have bought and on what day.

That'll be an oversight on my part - I definitely remember it was there and it's in my backup notepad file and in post 1. However I regenerated the file from scratch and didn't put in a cross-checking function until day 5 :D

Could you check the following 5 weeks for me? If they're the same, it confirms the set-cycle-per-starter-car theory. I'd also like to check that the start car isn't console-dependant. So... which console do you have? :D

That'll be an oversight on my part - I definitely remember it was there and it's in my backup notepad file and in post 1. However I regenerated the file from scratch and didn't put in a cross-checking function until day 5 :D

Could you check the following 5 weeks for me? If they're the same, it confirms the set-cycle-per-starter-car theory. I'd also like to check that the start car isn't console-dependant. So... which console do you have? :D

Sorry I wasn't clear. The 13 cars that I matched were spread across each of the days listed in the spreadsheet except column 3 when I didn't buy anything.

The console and version are listed on the first line of my previous post. Free download version on the PSP-Go

I also bought all of the Lotus cars on day 13 and a Takata Dome NSX '03 on the same day.

Full current day listing

Day 15-16

Honda

Honda Civic Type R (EK) '97
Honda Integra Type R '99
Honda NSX Type R '02
Honda Prelude Type S '96
Honda S2000 (EU) '99
Honda Insight'99
Honda Life Step Van '72
Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car
Honda Raybrig NSX '00
Honda S2000 Type V '00

Mugan

Mugan S2000 '00

Nissan

Nissan 350Z (Z33, US) '03
Nissan Fairlady Z Version ST (Option Wheel) '02
Nissan Silvia K's (S13) '91
Nissan Skyline 1500Deluxe (S50D-1) '63
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33) '96
Nissan Exa Canopy L.A. Version Type S '88
Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car '98
Nissan Silvia Q's Aero (S14) '96
Nissan Skyline GT-R M-spec Nur (R34) '02

Renault

Renault 5 Maxi Turbo Rally Car '85
Renault Avantime '02
Renault Magane 2.0 IDE Coupe '00
Renault 5 Turbo '80
Renault Megane 2.0 16V '03

Okay, that's both interesting and cool... I have an early PSP-1000 and a UMD version. daan has a PSP-2000 and UMD version and I think he said he started with a Golf. Oddly, I've deleted my gamesave and started again and got the Megane a second time...

My launch day PSP-1000 gives me the Golf IV GTI as a start car from the UMD version I bought before I found out I could get it for free on my Go. :dunce:

Hmm. So it seems like the start car is randomised between a small pack and I was just... lucky (or not) to get the same one twice.

Edit: Same cars as you on Days 15-16. So I think we've confirmed that the start car determines the cycles.

Last edited:
Here is the BMW 120i Starter Car Dealer List
D01 Infiniti, Lancia, Mitsubishi, RUF
D03 Honda, Mercedes, HKS, Nissan
D05 Honda, Mini, Peugeot, Toyota
D07 Chaparral, Honda, Lotus, Spoon
D09 Amuse, BMW, Mazda, Renault Sport
D11 Alfa, Blitz, DMC, Mazda
D13 Audi, Land Rover, Lotus, VW
D15 Honda, Mazda, Nissan, Suzuki
D17 Mazda, Mitsubishi, Toyota, TRD
D19 Buich, HPA Motorsports, Lexus, Mazda
D21 Alfa, Mazda, Nismo, Pagani
D23 Pescarolo, Pontiac, Scion, TVR
D25 Gillet, Polyphony Digital, Subaru, Toyota
D27 Cadillac, Marcosm Nissan, Peugeot
D29 Mazda, Opera, Panoz, Plymouth
D31 Alpine, Mine's, Nissan, Renault
D33 Daihatsu, Eagle, Mitsubishi, Toyota
D35 Honda, Tom's, Toyota, Triumph
D37 Cizeta, Suzuki, Toyota, Volvo
D39 Hommell, Jaguar, Lister, Mercury
D41 Dodge, FPV, Subaru, Toyota
D43 Bentley, Fiat, Ginetta, Nissan
D45 Chrysler, Ford, Honda, Isuzu
D47 Calloway, Nissan, Tommykaira, Trial
D49 Daihatsu. Jensen, Nissan, Shelby
D51 Bugatti, Citroen, Dome, Ford
D53 Nissan, Toyota, Vauxhall, VW
D55 Audi, Honda, Mazda, Nissan
D57 Chevrolet, Nissan, Spyker, Subaru
D59 Acura, Chevrolet, Mitsubishi, Nissan
D61 Honda, Lamborghini, Mazda, Mitsubishi
D63 AC Cars. Hyundai, Mugen, Saleen
D65 RE Amemiya, Honda, Mitsubishi, Protomotors
D67 Ferrari, Nissan, Opel, Seat
D69 ASL, BMW, Mercedes, Mitsubishi

daan has a PSP-2000 and UMD version and I think he said he started with a Golf.
Yep.

Famine and Rog in the same thread. This will be sorted sharpish with those 2 working on it... :D

I also started out with a MkIV GTI, but can't remember my initial car dealerships. I do know that the second set had Lamborghini, because I almost freaked at having that mock my miniscule funds, until I noticed I did have just enough to managed a 25th anniversary Countach. :D

I will pop in my second Memory Stick and spam days (enter and exit Single Race mode) while tracking the cycles if it helps. I'm hopeful though that Daan and I will be getting the same stuff so as to avoid NA and EU lists.

EDIT: I also have a PSP 2000 with UMD version (NA).

im not sure about the list, but i know that BMW didn't show until day 53!! and im on pal version.

Edit: BTW Bugatti was up from day 1.

You can see about the cars and the first four dealerships in the thread I started before the weekend, a fair number of people posted their first car, dealerships and first purchase.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=120990
Looking at that I see a guy that had a MkIV GTI also saying he bought an M3 on day 1. I do not recall seeing an M3, or I would have bought it as well. I may have just missed it, being in awesome mode and whatnot, but if the available models in each dealer are even slightly different this will be complex.

I guess it's possible that they have the same dealerships but different cars in the dealerships. Overall though it seems clear that they've made sure somehow that not everyone gets the same cars at the same time.

Back