Dear "Polyphony Digital" and "Playstation store", How about a paint pack DLC for GT6?

Netherlands
Limbabwe
DDDsprayshop
Dear mr. Kazunori Yamauchi and Polyphony Digital.
Yesterday, on my youtube channel, i got the question , "how to unlock colors ( Matte,Chrome,Variable (flipflop))"
I had to dissapoint this person, that it's not easy ingame.( unlock thru season events, if lucky you get chrome)
I got these paint colors by my Pre-order for the 15th Anniversary edition.

So i got this idea to ask here, because i think there is a very fast and easy solution for this question.
The only DLC for GT6 is credits, could you please add a color pack dlc like in GT5?
I got it by voucher with my pre-order, hence this idea.

I live by the phrase "if you don't shoot, you will always miss"
so for all other GT6 players and users, i took this shot.

Have a nice day and thank you if you read this.
Kind regards, DDDSPRAYSHOP.

ps. if this question is already asked, it is very good hidden in the forum.
I browsed thru the question section and used the search button.
So sorry if this is a double post.

/edit. 4th August 2014
Please read this also, it is important info, my eyes got opened.
In this thread you see me and NUNOpt in a discussion.
I understand him, but i tried to make my point, after browsing this website and forum
i came upon a Forza forum topic.There was a youtube clip posted from the cynical Brit.
In this clip there is a review about the microtransactions and the games.

what i now know is: PolyPhony? My question is obsolete.
The game is created that it is very difficult to get the paintchips.
It would be fair that the paint is properly accessable thru gameplay and
not only when you decide to release a paintchip when we gold a season event.

PolyPhony started with microtransaction with the credits DLC.
PolyPhony and sony starting to act like Microsoft and Xbone with forza 5.
The makers of games know we grind, and now abuse this to supply credits in microtransactions.
This is just wrong, but it is happening.
I don't want to know what is going to happen when GT7 comes to PS4.
What i do know is that Online on PS4 is not free anymore, it is connected with Playstation+ accounts, cheaper then XBOX/XBONE, but sony is changing.
The choice is slowly taken away.

This is the clip and the reason why a Paintchip dlc should not excist.

Last edited:
Buying different cars unlocks different paint colors.

Should be the same as here for the variables http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/gran-turismo-5/86748-rare-paint-guide.html

Toyota FT-86 G SPORTS Concept ’10 for the majority of variable paints
TVR for some others

Thank you for the reply.
But, What car gives you chrome? or the GT paints? Buying some cars, does not give you the paint-chip.
TVR gives nice flip-flop paints.
The 86GT gives mazori (i think that's what it's called) flipflop colors.
But where do you buy Chrome? or Matte colors?

PS. eeehm, you gave a link to GT5 colors. not GT6
and it is not a change for the game, it's a add to the PSN shop for a code.
I got all colors.( not all from the game, there are fugly colors)
I got 50million credits the legal gameplay/grinding way ( no psn shop credits)
so i can do what i want, i ask for my subscribers.

Last edited:
I assume adding a colour palette never came across your mind?

Every colour in the game should be available on Day 1, optional of course so as not to upset the fans who can't move into the modern gaming era:lol:. Seems silly and antiquated to me to lock paint colours behind car purchases.

^ But then there wouldn't be yet another thing to collect 100% of! I know someone out there has acquired every color in the game, or is about to...I have at least one color for each car in the game.

Every colour in the game should be available on Day 1, optional of course so as not to upset the fans who can't move into the modern gaming era:lol:. Seems silly and antiquated to me to lock paint colours behind car purchases.

Isn't the modern gaming era all about smartphones, tablets and facebook?

How about doing like every other game and letting players choose whatever color they want without having to deal with a dumb paint chip system?

If PD wants players to collect something they should put a livery editor in the game, that would enable players to create stuff that's unique and worth collecting.

^ But then there wouldn't be yet another thing to collect 100% of! I know someone out there has acquired every color in the game, or is about to...I have at least one color for each car in the game.
Every colour in the game should be available on Day 1, optional of course so as not to upset the fans who can't move into the modern gaming era:lol:.

You even spelled Kaz's name wrong.
Fixed :banghead::D

Funny that that's the thing people pay attention too.
Spelling, what about the question?

I mean all the people that directed me to my mistakes, how about that option i mention in the first post?
A paint DLC? Any remarks? Options? Ideas?

I'm not asking for myself, i'm asking for the people that have the standard GT6 edition.
Do the members of GTplanet support them or not?

@Hyland What do you mean with the colour pallette, just like in GTA san Andreas?
And who do you adress? me or Polyphony Digital?
Something like this (see picture below) but with different finishes such as matte, metallic and chrome, just more user friendly. As for your second question, both PD and you. PD for implementing a color palette once and for all and you for stop begging to be nickel and dimed.

colorjack.jpg

DLC to unlock colors? why would we pay for such small thing? i totally dislike locked content at GT games.
DLCs to unlock cars or colors, isnt fair trade. i would rather see the ingame economy turned off. 64 euros for a game is enough.

Something like this (see picture below) but with different finishes such as matte, metallic and chrome, just more user friendly. As for your second question, both PD and you. PD for implementing a color palette once and for all and you for stop begging to be nickel and dimed.
Like a proper paint program, but that's more coding into the game.
I Like your suggestion, but i'm not Kaz.
In GT5 after a while you could buy a color pack, what was the price? €0.99 or €1.99?
EDIT, Wait, do you mean a dlc like a color palette? Good idea, but some people will not like it because they don't understand it 100%.

How about a color pallet with regular coding system for easy sharing ? Obviously painting a car should be free.

Paint chips are ridiculous.

http://html-color-codes.info/

Then have "matte" , "chrome" and other special effects to add to selected color.
Hi, check the above quote, something like that?
( scroll up to Hyland's post with the picture)

DLC to unlock colors? why would we pay for such small thing? i totally dislike locked content at GT games.
DLCs to unlock cars or colors, isnt fair trade. i would rather see the ingame economy turned off. 64 euros for a game is enough.

What i'm asking is only the option for buying the chrome paint chips.
if the price is too high? don't buy it.

Just a chrome and matte dlc for people that want to buy it.That's the question.
If Kaz And sony decline? So be it.
The paint DLC gives people a choice, a choice that is not there right now.
The credit dlc gives people also a choice, buy or drive? and I hate that kind of DLC, that's really a rippoff.

But i must give you some more info.
I played the GT6 demo, it was free, after a while when playing the Full game i suddenly got the
Nurburg Nissan for free as a gift.
The last season event in GT5? it stated that if you played it, you get free gifts in GT6.
and it did, i got 5 or 6 free cars when GT5 online stopped.
Vision cars? we get them for free, just drive the track without mistake, no bronze/silver or gold needed.
All cars have access, we do not have to wait in a Occasionshop after a race, and hope that car is there.
So we are getting a lot of free stuff.They could have put the vision cars into Payed DLC.

And please , do not compare GT6 with another game or console, that's another topic.

Last edited:
Like a proper paint program, but that's more coding into the game.
I Like your suggestion, but i'm not Kaz.
In GT5 after a while you could buy a color pack, what was the price? €0.99 or €1.99?
One can only hope at this point. Hopefully, they're taking notice of our suggestions and discussions. Won't be holding my breath though.

The Paint Pack was $/€ 1.99. While not being a expensive DLC, it's probably the silliest one I've seen in a racing game.

One can only hope at this point. Hopefully, they're taking notice of our suggestions and discussions. Won't be holding my breath though.

The Paint Pack was $/€ 1.99. While not being a expensive DLC, it's probably the silliest one I've seen in a racing game.
Hahaha, i understand, but is it silly if you want it and don't have it?
It took me a long time to get the testtrack dlc in Gt5.

I only play Gran Turismo, that's why i bought the Ps3, i don't play other games.
I still have money in my PSN account, so if there's a DLC i like, i might buy it.
You know what was really silly?
You could get a SCHULZE nissan at the dealership.And then they put a newer version of that car as payable DLC?
Now that was Silly with the Capital S.

Guy's? i'm going to have diner, maybe later i check again.
For now, the weather is great, so no promises ;)

...What i'm asking is only the option for buying the chrome paint chips. if the price is too high? don't buy it...

dont mean to desrespect you but paying extra money to unlock cars or colors that are in the game already, i just cant see it as "fair trade", it's abusive. the economy inside GT is silly and i hope they leave it out of GT7.

dont mean to desrespect you but paying extra money to unlock cars or colors that are in the game already, i just cant see it as "fair trade", it's abusive. the economy inside GT is silly and i hope they leave it out of GT7.

No no, freedom of speech, but a bit limited.🤬
If you call me names, that's disrespect.:irked:
You did not disrespect me at all, i like your posts, i just wonder what is the real problem.

You are right, But you did read what i write.💡
Also, i did not mention or asked for payed dlc cars in any post in this topic, so stop writing that this topic is also about payed dlc for cars.;)

It is a choice to buy the colors you can't easy buy in the dealership, you don't need to buy it.
It's a choice for people that want it fast.

If there's payed DLC for colors? are you forced to buy it?
Am i forcing you or other people to buy it?
No, you can earn it by playing the game.
Or are you affraid that when this would happen, that everything new for GT6 would get Payed DLC?
You are affraid that loyal gamers get (extra)abused?:banghead:

Chrome colors?:confused:
It's in the game, yes, but it takes lots of time before the chrome comes to release.
You can not buy a car with chrome and get the chip.
You only earn the chip if Polyphony releases a online event with the paintchip.
I got a lot of chrome with my pre-order, Online events are not near the amount of chrome colors i have.
If i say four or five chrome chips you could have earned at the season events, then i think i'm generous.:cool:

And people are entitled to dislike my question.:cheers:
No problem with that.
If i am affraid for discussion, i should not start a topic like this.

ps. i selected some text to BOLD, this is not that i'm angry or frustrated, or wanna be right.
it's to show you, i trie to stay at the basic reason of the topic title.

Last edited:
IMO anything to do with DLC and paints is silly, no intense offended. GT is 10 years behind the times when it comes to painting. Paint chips are silly and outdated. Give us a colour wheel/palette, a selection of finishes and be done with it. Charge us $1000 to use the paint if you want I don't care. Just do away with getting paint chips when you buy cars and winning them as prizes.

I personally prefer the paint chips. The big wheel confuses and frustrates me every time I use it in ANY circumstance! I just want to be able to use them for two-tone (or a lot more ;) ) colors for cars.

I got an idea,
IMO anything to do with DLC and paints is silly, no intense offended. GT is 10 years behind the times when it comes to painting. Paint chips are silly and outdated. Give us a colour wheel/palette, a selection of finishes and be done with it. Charge us $1000 to use the paint if you want I don't care. Just do away with getting paint chips when you buy cars and winning them as prizes.

Okay fellow members.
This is what i was waiting for.
I use PS3 and Gran turismo just 1,5 years.
This text explains exactly what the biggest problem really is.
The fans are loyal to Gran Turismo, but Gran turismo isn't 100% loyal to it's fans.
I think this will continue into GT7.
If you want this fixed, Nobody should buy GT7 and mail to PD directly "fix it or keep your game".
But that will not work, you will never get 100% solidarity in that matter.
people will buy GT7 no matter what.

This time, i will wait untill ps4 gets cheaper, and if GT7 becomes what they promise.
i like GT6, but i loved GT5, Gt5 had much more diversity.

Back