Dec 6 confirmed EB Games (Canada)!

  • Thread starter Thread starter ekuebler
  • 50 comments
  • 3,097 views
ekuebler
No offense taken "G". I could be completely wrong about this. I am just relaying the information that I was given. If it is in fact the 14th, which it could be, I'm still really excited. Just passing on information. For the next few weeks, I'll bet this forum is going to be full of speculation. In my opinion, its all good and just part of the anticipation we all have!!!!

Thanks
Eric

Maybe, as you mentioned, EB Boutique will receive a shipment of GT4 on december 6 but they won't be allowed to sell it until december 14th. I think they even can be fined if selling the product early.
 
...i thought it was Nov-14-2004 :ouch: ...i need a crying smiley :yuck: i'm very upset :grumpy: and i need a smiley shooting a minigun :grumpy:
 
...and why do i keep getting Internet Explorer errors????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????????? :grumpy: 👎
 
ekuebler
The Canadian version is the north american version. It is not the PAL version. Even when GT3 came out, we seemed to get it a few days sooner than even the US. The states has a ship date of Dec 14, but according to the people at EB Games, it is most definately the 6th.

Eric

There is NO way Canada is getting GT4 before the USA. Absolutely no way.

I'm not being emotional about this either. The fact is is that Canada is a backwoods market, way smaller, than the USA market for anything.

Plus it's friggin' Canada...come on, hahaha.

(now before all you Canadians get your panties in a bunch I am joking about that. As an American in the Northeast it is easy to make fun of our neighbors to the North. Just good natured joking around....blame canada!)



Biased turkey
Maybe, as you mentioned, EB Boutique will receive a shipment of GT4 on december 6 but they won't be allowed to sell it until december 14th. I think they even can be fined if selling the product early.

that sounds very likely for this info....
 
kensei
There is NO way Canada is getting GT4 before the USA. Absolutely no way.

Why is that? Apparently, it's happened before. And if Canada does get it first, it'll only be by a day or two, hardly worth crying about.

As for reciving them early and releasing them on a set date.. this is where the non-confirmed status of Dec 14th comes into play.. it's much more likely, due to the hype the game has recieved, that stores will be authorized to put them on the shelf as soon as they come in. After all, there isn't a confirmed date for the U.S. release, merely a targeted date. If the game is ready-to-sell before the targeted date (and without an official street date), there's no reason to hold on to them.
 
Jedi2016
Why is that? Apparently, it's happened before. And if Canada does get it first, it'll only be by a day or two, hardly worth crying about.

I'm not crying about anything. In the North American market the US is the 1000 pound guerilla. I just can not understand why Canada (or Mexico or whoever) would get the game before the US.

I don't get the business logic for it. That is all.
 
kensei
I'm not crying about anything. In the North American market the US is the 1000 pound guerilla. I just can not understand why Canada (or Mexico or whoever) would get the game before the US.

I don't get the business logic for it. That is all.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
...because Canada made the "free trade agreement" possible...? :grumpy: 👎 ...hehehe :sly:
 
There might not be any business sense to it.. it could just be a matter of them recieving shipment first, no telling.

Doesn't really matter much to me.. The only date I care about is the one where it shows up at my local Gamestop.. :) Aside from that, who cares? :)
 
Jedi2016
There might not be any business sense to it.. it could just be a matter of them recieving shipment first, no telling.

Doesn't really matter much to me.. The only date I care about is the one where it shows up at my local Gamestop.. :) Aside from that, who cares? :)

I agree, I'll start sniffing around various video game stores after the 14th to see if I can find it, otherwise I could care less too.
 
Biased turkey
Maybe, as you mentioned, EB Boutique will receive a shipment of GT4 on december 6 but they won't be allowed to sell it until december 14th. I think they even can be fined if selling the product early.

i dont think so
my local EB sold out GBA SP before the launch date
 
Morlow
Stupid question but what do PAL and NTSC stand for?
NTSC = Not The Same Colour

To really answer your question, these are acronyms for TV signal standards.
NTSC = mainly Japan & North America
PAL = mainly Europe, but others, too

Cheers,
 
NTSC=National Televison Systems Comittee
PAL=Phase Alternating Line
 
In reading this, I saw the Canada getting it before the US debate.

Not just business logic would make the US receive it first. There is also the addition of the French manual for the Canadian market, which will no doubt add some form of delays.

Just my two cents... I'm hoping Metriod Prime 2 will keep me busy till GT4
 
Well, they may release GT4 with the english guide to Canada excluding Quebec, it wouldn't be the first time a game was launched in Canada this way.
 
I can pretty much guarantee only Quebec will get a French manual - my GT1, GT2, and GT3 are all Canadian (New Brunswick) bought, and are all entirely English.

About Canada getting games earlier than the US, I've seen it as well. In fact, I remember getting my copy of GT2 a day before the official NTSC release date - went into Toys-R-Us to ask if they had it yet - wasn't yet on the shelves but the lady sold me a copy she had under the counter... 👍
 
Heep
I can pretty much guarantee only Quebec will get a French manual - my GT1, GT2, and GT3 are all Canadian (New Brunswick) bought, and are all entirely English.

About Canada getting games earlier than the US, I've seen it as well. In fact, I remember getting my copy of GT2 a day before the official NTSC release date - went into Toys-R-Us to ask if they had it yet - wasn't yet on the shelves but the lady sold me a copy she had under the counter... 👍

How strange, I'm living in Québec and my GT1, GT2, GT3 manuals are entirely English too. Maybe they passed a law here ( that I'm not aware about ) but after the release of GT3.
 
Is there actually a law that states the official language of Quebec is French, and all products being imported be in the French language? Or is it perhaps just a "courtesy" by companies offering French-language products since such a large portion of the population speaks French?

How does it work in Quebec, anyway? Do a large number of people speak only French? I thought it was more of a blending.. that most of 'em could speak English just fine, but choose to speak French, since they're more comfortable with it. Probably not unlike the Japanese.. a large number of Japanese can speak English, they just normally don't in everyday conversation, since Japanese is more "fluid" for them to speak in. This is why a lot of things in games, like GT4, are already in English, even in the Japanese version of the game.

And while we're completely off-topic (hehe), does anyone know if KY speaks English? I've only ever seen him speak Japanese in interviews, but I'm thinking that's just because it's a Japanese press event, and a Japanese interviewer. But he's a very intelligent man, probably has who-knows-how-many degrees in computer programming.. seems likely that he'd know English.
 
Jedi2016
Is there actually a law that states the official language of Quebec is French, and all products being imported be in the French language?

The official language is indeed French, but I don't think there is any law about needing to sell French products there.

How does it work in Quebec, anyway? Do a large number of people speak only French? I thought it was more of a blending.. that most of 'em could speak English just fine, but choose to speak French

Depends where you are in the province. Many (if not most) people in Montreal prefer French but are fluent in English, while more rural areas, especially in northern Quebec, are basically entirely French.

And while we're completely off-topic (hehe), does anyone know if KY speaks English? I've only ever seen him speak Japanese in interviews, but I'm thinking that's just because it's a Japanese press event, and a Japanese interviewer. But he's a very intelligent man, probably has who-knows-how-many degrees in computer programming.. seems likely that he'd know English.

A couple of years back he was interviewed by a British car magazine (EVO, I believe it was), and I seem to remember that he spoke mostly through a translator but with some broken English, and that his English is dramatically improving since the debut of the GT series...
 
I thought it was law in Canada, at least Quebec, to have French labels and instructions with any product...
 
There is a Federal law in Canada that states we have 2 official languages. Any product imported or manufactured for sale in Canada must be in both official languages. There are some exceptions I have seen for religious purposes.

Most people I know in Quebec speak English as well as French. I have never had a Quebec native refuse to speak English to me when I visit. Quebec does however have laws banning English signs on stores and advertising to preserve their French distinct society.

All of the games I have purchased have either a French manual along side the English one, or have a French manual attached to the outside of the package. The ones attached to the outside may be disregarded in English Canada for display purposes.
 
I wonder why my games are entirely English then, especially since my province is the only officially bilingual one (NB)...
 
Back