Decal Uploader Bug

• Thread starter BLiTZ
  • 2 comments
United Kingdom
Selby
spooned12000rpm
Not sure if it's a PSN issue or PD's server, but I've been having issues uploading decals today.

First off, when I went to sign in on the GT website it said my PSN account wasn't associated with GT Sport. Then after logging in an out a few times and trying the iOS app I was able to get to the community screen.

Now I can get to the decal uploader screen but it hangs when I try and upload any SVG created by my default software (Autodesk Graphic). Thinking it was newly created decals, I tried uploading previous files that are already in my library and they won't work either so it doesn't appear to be a case of the software suddenly changing at my end and appears to be an issue with how the uploader is handling files.

Decals optimised by SVGOMG are ok (If you've got the option to remove the Doctype selected) and comparing the codes, I've been able to narrow it down to the 'PUBLIC' tag in the SVG's header.

Graphic outputs it as:

Code:
PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/1.1/DTD/svg11.dtd"

Deleting the above line of code works straight away but is a hassle and I imagine most software will add that line or similar to an SVG.

Anybody else run into issues today?

@BLiTZ

I've uploaded a bunch of stickers today (made with Inkscape, some with the SVGOMG optimisation, others without). They all looked fine, but the code line you show never appears in my files. Maybe it's something Autodesk Graphic did...

@BLiTZ

I've uploaded a bunch of stickers today (made with Inkscape, some with the SVGOMG optimisation, others without). They all looked fine, but the code line you show never appears in my files. Maybe it's something Autodesk Graphic did...
Well it appears to be fixed now as I've just been able to upload again. Very weird! But one worth remembering if anyone has issues again.

Yes, it appears all software likes to add bits of random code. Until yesterday I've never had any issues with basic decals produced by Graphic, so I'm glad it's fixed again.

Back