December Car of the Month: "Mitsubishi FTO"

Can you check your trans numbers, they are not even close for me.

I checked my numbers and they all match up (website, spreadsheet and in-game car settings)
1. Set final gear to 2.500
2. Set max speed to 420
3. Set first gear to 4.148, rounded up to 4.150
4. Set second gear to 2.704, rounded up to 2.705
5. Set third gear to 1.931, rounded to 1.935
6. Set fourth gear to 1.454, rounded to 1.455
7. Set fifth gear to 1.154, rounded to 1.155
8. Set sixth gear to be in line with the fifth gear (0.915)
9. Set final gear (3.320)

Hope that clarifies things. Please let me know if you need anything else explained.

Dan.

I checked my numbers and they all match up (website, spreadsheet and in-game car settings)
1. Set final gear to 2.500
2. Set max speed to 420
3. Set first gear to 4.148, rounded up to 4.150
4. Set second gear to 2.704, rounded up to 2.705
5. Set third gear to 1.931, rounded to 1.935
6. Set fourth gear to 1.454, rounded to 1.455
7. Set fifth gear to 1.154, rounded to 1.155
8. Set sixth gear to be in line with the fifth gear (0.915)
9. Set final gear (3.320)

Hope that clarifies things. Please let me know if you need anything else explained.

Dan.
I think I see the issue, was not changing the final to 2.500. Your post does not mention that, just max set to 420 followed by gears. No big deal, I will get a test done either tonight or tomorrow. :dopey:

I think I see the issue, was not changing the final to 2.500. Your post does not mention that, just max set to 420 followed by gears. No big deal, I will get a test done either tonight or tomorrow. :dopey:

My apologies, I will do my best to remember to specify those changes when I make my next tune.
Dan.

@danlimski FTO GPX 517pp review:

I needed to get this finished and tested before the end of the year, well I did but have not been able to post it. Until now that is. Also wanted to get to your Evora from last month, my how time just gets away from me.

So I got the tune built and headed over to the Tour of Japan events, first trying Twin Motegi. More than enough power here, and passing cars like the GTR and LFA, along with a host of other white cars (funny how most of the field was white cars) was done easily. Took just a little over two laps to grab the lead but the ZZ-II rabbit stuck to my rear bumper. In the end however, I finished .250 seconds ahead. The trans worked well in higher gears, 2nd and 3rd did like to spin them up a bit and leave plenty of smoke. Such is the case with this much hp in a front wheel drive car. The brakes slowed the car down nicely, but with the high front setting, could cause a little entry understeer. I adapted quickly to this and it never really became too big of an issue. Minor (typical) exit understeer, but again not too bad. And a pretty quick little FF car, posting a best lap of 2:07.239 here, though it could have been another .4-.5 faster given another race.

But instead, I went to R246. Much better here as the car simply flowed around the track for the most part. One or to corners were FF exit understeer caused a minor delay, but all in all a fast paced tune. The final two laps turned into quite the battle with the lead rabbit, the LFA. A little more negative rear toe to encourage more off throttle rotation might help, but I prevailed in the end by just under .3. Two close and fun races. Wheel spin less of an issue here, as were the brakes. Best lap of 1:53.480.

Good offering here.

To all who have participated this month, and this year, a big thank you from me. :)

I ran out of time to finish off any more reviews, but have a big plan for the next few months if you have not already noticed. Hopefully, this will allow more time for me to get to more testing and to encourage others to test tunes from other tuners. I look forward to what lies ahead and will be sticking it out for the next 5 months. And if the new year brings enough interest, I may have to extend the thread an extra month, but we shall see how it goes.

Happy New Year boys! :D

Back