Decent wheel for casual gamer for PS4

• Thread starter MrMister
  • 7 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
What’s a decent, cheap, unobtrusive, wheel for GTS and F1 on PS4 please?

Had one years ago, and never used, think was a Logitech one, am a very very casual gamer, use motion for GTS, and normal DS4 controls for F1.

Trouble is space, the PS4 is in main room on main TV so don’t get much gaming time on it, and needs packing away every time, and ideally small and easy to pack away.

Also just had GTP email saying that official licensed PlayStation wheels will work on PS5 so has to be one that will for when eventually upgrade to PS5.

Not sure I’d use pedals as then would need a table/rest, not sure if need one anyway? Sure the wheel I had before, had some sort of clamp to go on lap?

...Oh and it will make me faster will it!?!?

Thanks

Had one years ago, and never used, think was a Logitech one, am a very very casual gamer, use motion for GTS, and normal DS4 controls for F1.

Trouble is space, the PS4 is in main room on main TV so don’t get much gaming time on it, and needs packing away every time, and ideally small and easy to pack away.

Also just had GTP email saying that official licensed PlayStation wheels will work on PS5 so has to be one that will for when eventually upgrade to PS5.

Not sure I’d use pedals as then would need a table/rest, not sure if need one anyway? Sure the wheel I had before, had some sort of clamp to go on lap?

Thanks
If you're not going to attach it to a table or wheel stand/cockpit, then don't bother with a wheel. Wheels you balance on your lap or hold between your knees are rubbish.

As above, unless you have a solid surface (desk or table or dedicated wheel frame) to clamp/bolt the wheel to, there's no point.

And no it probably won't make you faster. Top10 lap times are set by controller users, not often but it happens. A wheel makes the experience more realistic, driving fast for real is hard, so more realistic means it is harder. That's my experience anyway.

Thanks
If you are a casual gamer and you also have trouble with space in your room, keep using your DS4 👍.

I have a coffee table, but again it’s low and would need to move into position.

It was half me being sarcastic, and not, asking if it would make me faster, surprised that it wouldn’t, but thanks for comment, is that what most think?

I use notion on GTS, and find it good apart from if I need to “snap” back quickly if something happened. Not sure if sticks would help?

If that’s what most think then I may have a rethink then and stick to DS4, and stay rubbish!?!

Thanks

I have a coffee table, but again it’s low and would need to move into position.

It was half me being sarcastic, and not, asking if it would make me faster, surprised that it wouldn’t, but thanks for comment, is that what most think?

I use notion on GTS, and find it good apart from if I need to “snap” back quickly if something happened. Not sure if sticks would help?

If that’s what most think then I may have a rethink then and stick to DS4, and stay rubbish!?!

Thanks
I use a wheel but there are friends on my friend lists are quicker than me using their DS4.

If you can get a sturdy table 2 feet high, because that is the height that my wheel sits on my rig, but it all depends on the space you got in your room. Stroll and have a look here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/show-us-your-gran-turismo-racing-set-up.359041/

Last edited:
I've used a wheel stand Pro which is decent, holds the wheel and pedals and you sit on your normal seat, then it folds up easily to be put away.
Now I use a Playseat Challenge , which is similar in that it folds away but it includes the seat part.
Wheel depends on budget. T150 (Tmx), G29 (G290), T300 (TX), Fanatec CSL elite etc

Latest Posts

Back