Show us your Gran Turismo racing set-up

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Famine, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Famine

Famine Administrator

You might remember this post on the blog just over a month ago, about a GTPlanet member who bought himself a GT Academy pod.

This kind of gave us an idea. Well, that and the fact I once built a 12-person LAN setup in my 17x7ft garage.

Has anyone else gone to some rather strange lengths to build themselves a little - or large - Gran Turismo mancave? It doesn't have to be quite as fancy as Julian's purpose-built pod, but anything that's a space in your house centred on Gran Turismo (or originally centred on GT - some may have adapted to include other games by now).

If you think you qualify, or think you know someone who does, respond below or fire anyone on the editorial team a Conversation message.

2. BigJimmy

BigJimmy

I don't have one, but there is the place down the road from here. A large building with lots of seats. People go every Sunday and kneel at an alter and drink the blood and eat the flesh of Kazunori Yamauchi. Huge fans.

Well I think it was Kazunori Yamauchi anyway. I wasn't really listening, I was too busy praying for a Livery Editor in Gran Turismo.

Apollo440, zr1chris and Lord Kacperov like this.
  3. Famine

Famine Administrator

I'm actually amazed by the lack of responses here. I thought we had some incredible Gran Turismo fanatics on GTPlanet - hell, we've got a guy (@syntex123) who got himself a Gran Turismo tattoo!

It doesn't have to be quite as hardcore as that, or @Jules_r's genuine GT5/6 racing pod , or that Youtuber that literally built a racing rig out of the front half of an Opel Astra - anything you've done in your own home in order to enjoy some Gran Turismo.

I'll even go first, in case anyone's nervous:
    UKGTP10_2.jpg UKGTP14_1.JPG
    Yeah, it was cosy, and yes we duct-taped CRTs to the walls in the 2010 version. Points for recognising the GTPlanet members in the photos :lol:

4. VBR

VBR Premium

I think most people have already posted pics of their set ups in the Hardware forum, & there is also a dedicated thread there somewhere, as well as lots of threads of individual ones. Me & three mates did a LAN thing back in the PS2 days in GT3, & it was a lot of fun. Looks like you guys had a blast too.

:)

Lord Kacperov likes this.
  5. Tassie_tiger

Tassie_tiger

I've just placed an order for the Rseat N1.
    Also have a shiny new LG C7 being delivered tomorrow to sit proudly on the TV stand.

The decision of a new wheel is causing me to spend far too much time watching youtube videos. :irked:
    But I'm going to have to make the call very soon.

So with that in mind, perhaps I'll post a pic. or 2 in about a week when everything is delivered and set up.

6. dbarrade

dbarrade

It's also a little to soon, I've yet to choose what wheel to buy for PS4 and then I'll have to design and rebuild the stand for it so the angle and distances to the wheel, pedals and gear stick match my Elise. Hopefully it will be as easy to swap the pedals around and mount them upside down like I did here for the PS3:
    DSC00878.JPG

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    Danguil63, phil_75, VBR and 2 others like this.
  7. Greatbee

Greatbee

My set-up
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Jomas

Jomas

Nothing stunning, but it does the work pretty well since 7 years now.

My father's ex-office chair, which is a bit broken now, and my T150. The bookshelf had to be reinforced since I broke it during a GT Academy session (2013 IIRC) :
    [​IMG]

The driver's view with the 82 cm TV :

[​IMG]

A general view :

[​IMG]

Snaeper, Danguil63, K_Black and 8 others like this.
  9. LGee19

LGee19

Well here's my setup. I hope the fact that its a GT edition wheel counts. :) WP_20170926_21_32_21_Pro.jpg

10. praiano63

praiano63 Premium

All my places since around 10 years , at home or travelling for work..... Always playing GT everywhere i go.
    20170926_144055.jpg
    cockpit2.jpg cockpit3.jpg Foto0052.jpg P1150071.JPG SANY0075-1.jpg SANY1756.jpg

11. syntex123

syntex123 Premium

Cheers for the mention @Famine, and wow what a memory! Thought everyone had forgotten about my tattoo by now. :lol: Even though I’m a fanatic like you put it, my setup is quite embarrassing. A 52" Samsung plasma smart TV and a Dualshock 4. Can’t afford a proper setup yet.. or a better TV :lol:

EDit: forgot to mention for sound I use Logitech Z-5500 5.1 THX/Dolby/DTS surround directly connected to the PS4 with an optical cable.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  12. 98cwitr

98cwitr

[​IMG]

PS3 died on me Wednesday, so picked up a PS4 today and preordered GTS LE

And here's real life

[​IMG]

13. marcvic

marcvic

Kudos to bringing your s2K love into your home with the seat/door cockpit setup.

14. Lord Kacperov

Lord Kacperov (Banned)

I am incredibly sorry for your loss. RIP your PS3 slim: ????-2017

CallawaySS and Danguil63 like this.
  15. badnan

badnan

16463203_10158206581365204_5213694976415257544_o.jpg Training the future generation

16. JockeP22

JockeP22

What was the trophy for?

2017-10-22 07.08.35.jpg

potvinsuks and Danguil63 like this.
  17. Silent Drifter

Silent Drifter Premium

This is mine. I took this picture showing my friend what I did for a stand, as he was getting into iRacing/sim racing for the first time. The TV I’m using is a 55” Samsung KS8000

60B51411-3630-46FB-B9CD-E7157724FFEB.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  18. TheProRacer

TheProRacer

Nice S2000! And I don’t know exactly how you did that to the G25 wheel, but it looks sick!

Currently going to buy a T-150. Not too big into the Fanatec CSL or the Thrustmaster T300RS. Only Logitech wheel I’ve really used was the Driving Force that was used on Gran Turismo 3, and that was tons o’ fun!

CallawaySS likes this.
  19. SchumiF399

SchumiF399

The Sim Racing setup.

IMAG0043.jpg IMAG0064_1.jpg IMAG0073.jpg IMAG0065_1.jpg IMAG0075.jpg

20. GreatnessRD

GreatnessRD

Romafo72 and xXMann07 like this.
  21. Allgoldplease

Allgoldplease (Banned)

Damn, some of your setups are awesome.

I just have a couch and TV lol.

CTznOfTime, whofan68, AlexDB9 and 5 others like this.
  22. SchumiF399

SchumiF399

I've spent about 3000 USD on it (Rig, TV, wheel, wheel rims, PS4, tablet etc). I will eventually build a Gaming PC, the monitor stand came with 2 arms that aren't seen here for triple monitor support.

phil_75 and GreatnessRD like this.
  23. xJildertx

xJildertx

Build it a while back after I've bought the T150 steering wheel. Still had the monitor which was collecting dust. And I stole ;-) the seat from my parents.
    Apart from the steering wheel, I only spend about €30~€40 on building materials. Still thinking about mounting my old 5.1 home cinema set to it.

But I'm really happy how it turned out. Having a lot of fun with it.
    _20171022_093417.JPG _20171022_093202.JPG

24. Allgoldplease

Allgoldplease (Banned)

25. GreatnessRD

GreatnessRD

Damn, I'm trying to get your job. :lol:

Nice pimp. I have a budget gaming PC. Hopefully when I get this bonus next month I'll upgrade my CPU to a Ryzen or i7.

Danguil63 likes this.
  26. Haitauer

Haitauer

Dont have a picture of my own but this is what i use. Wheel Stand Pro. Just the stick is mounted next to the wheel in mine to save space when folded.

I'd recommend this to anyone. Very handy as it folds down and very adjustable to be used with all kinds of sets and by all kinds of racers. Very rigid and steady. Costs just around 100€/$ i guess. Shifter stand is optional extra.

Just see that you order the one ment for your wheel. Even though i have used mine (driving force gt version) with t150 and g29 too..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  27. andyparks

andyparks

Here's mine

Attached Files:

28. ArchangelX

ArchangelX

Here's my setup. Just had my first three online races in GTS. Lotsa fun! My wife gets annoyed so I took my OLD Playseat and put some wheels on the suckah.

Attached Files:

29. ron24

ron24

Gave it all up for more time with my family. Went back to the couch with my controller. My set up started from GT5 prologue until GT Sport. Sadly missed but time with family is way more important. Race rigs becomes a life away all around you.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      128 KB
      Views:
    • 15.JPG
      15.JPG
      File size:
      107.6 KB
      Views:
    • 54.JPG
      54.JPG
      File size:
      107.8 KB
      Views:
    • 72.JPG
      72.JPG
      File size:
      97.2 KB
      Views:
    • 91.JPG
      91.JPG
      File size:
      102 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  30. azrilnazli

azrilnazli

My system not compatible yet with GT Sport, but already ordered GIMX controller adapter and still looking for cheap PS4 slim just for GTS experience. This is my system :

- OSW Simucube wheel base
    - Fanatec V3 Pedal system
    - 40 inch Sony Bravia 1080p LED TV
    - custom made 8020 TV mount
    - custom made cockpit