DecksMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mark T
  • 10 comments
  • 578 views

Mark T

Puts the sex into Essex
Premium
Messages
3,323
Messages
GTP_Mark
Messages
Mark T33
Was wondering if there are any Dj's on here. I'm buying a set this week and wanted to see what equiptment people use on here and to try and get some tips.Any tips appreciated!
 
pimpin_t
Was wondering if there are any Dj's on here. I'm buying a set this week and wanted to see what equiptment people use on here and to try and get some tips.Any tips appreciated!

Technique 12's baby.... With an alright Numark mixer.... It did the job, before it was all stolen out of my apartment in Vegas :ouch: (along with all my other studio equipment).... Oh well, that's life...


;)
 
Bastards,

I just ordered a set of Numark Direct Drive decks and an American DJ mixer (not sure what its like). Can't wait to start practising. Any tips for me?
 
Good luck man! What styles of music do you plan on spinning once you start learning?
 
Well I'll probably start off with some old uk garage stuff then move onto hip-hop. Just something that I've always wanted to try and I wanna do it while I'm young.....ish.
 
I don't really have any tips but If you start trying to mix, and you can't get songs to sync up exactly right, don't give up..... It takes a little while to learn the timing (especially with hip hop)... However, I was more of a trance, gabba, drum & bass, and Jungle DJ.... I messed with Hip Hop a bit (for some parties in NY), but I always enjoyed the more progressive nature of trance, and the dark tones of jungle and gabba.....


;)
 
pimpin_t
Well I'll probably start off with some old uk garage stuff then move onto hip-hop. Just something that I've always wanted to try and I wanna do it while I'm young.....ish.


Cool. Good luck. 👍 And ones you get it down pat and get your first set, record it and upload it. ;)
 
Integra Type R
Cool. Good luck. 👍 And ones you get it down pat and get your first set, record it and upload it. ;)

I certainly will. I have a few friends that do a bit of DJ'ing around local clubs so I am going to go and watch them in action and pick up some tips. Only thing is I have to wait till I get paid before I can pick them up. :grumpy:
 
pimpin_t
I certainly will. I have a few friends that do a bit of DJ'ing around local clubs so I am going to go and watch them in action and pick up some tips. Only thing is I have to wait till I get paid before I can pick them up. :grumpy:


Sounds great. Once again, good luck. 👍
 
1210s baby. The only tip I can give is practice practice practice. The main problem I had was listening to the two beats and figuring out which one was faster or slower. After a while it stops sounding like a lunatic on a drum and you can clearly pick out the two beats.
 
Like anyone will say 12's are the industry standard, but Vestax, Numark,Gemini are all good. It's all about what you can do with them, try to add flare to your mixes once mixing is easily achievable. I started with U.k. garage underground and mainstream, then moved onto Rnb and Hiphop which was harder to pull off.
 
Back