Are you guys claiming 0/0 is still fastest reworking your entire setup and starting from scratch? Camber works for me and I track an e36 and a 125...so I know what camber feels like...anywhere from 0 to -4.5 degrees. I can carry far more speed through turns with the camber update.
A lot of people are jumping ton the conclusion that camber is still not working. It's not perfect, obviously, but it most certainly works. 0 camber up front feels like absolute crap and always has. It doesn't feel linear, it doesn't turn in well and it you don't get nearly as much stability in all sorts of situations.
I've been using the 97T as a test mule, because I had a very good 0/0 camber setup. I was doing high 1:45s around spa and 1:08s at RBR, and about 1:00s around special stage rt5. All very different tracks. I was doing low 1:16s at Monaco with the 0/0 tune, but haven't tested with my current.
I'm now doing 1:44s at spa, 1:07s at RBR and :58/59s at special stage rt5. 1:44 with ABS1 at spa is pretty quick for zero camber. 1:06s are right there at the RBR and we'll see about SS rt5. If I take my camber tuned 97T and go back to 0/0 it feels like a joke. It is obvious, but to prove a point, the same setup meant for camber on tires/wheels set to 0/0 felt like crap...so if you're adding camber to a previous setup...it's not going to do well.
I didn't become a better driver overnight and if zero camber is quickest, idk how I've picked up over a second everywhere I go by running camber in the front and rear. If 0 camber is quickest, camber on any setup should be slower, assuming both are balanced/controllable setups.
I was no slouch on zero camber, but I was able to do a total revamp on the 97T setup within a short period since 1.09 came out and I'm smoking my old times. I went from running 16xx on the rear wing to 18xx. I gained that much grip up front to add a consierable amount of rear wing and was able to close the diff more as well in all aspects.
So...camber does work, despite claims that it does not. There is no way that I am running over -.5 up front and blowing my old times away. Everything works in unison now. Before it was just - balance of the car, 0 the camber and tweak the alignment until it's over/understeer characteristics are at your please. I am increasing things like diff lock by 1% and getting obvious visual and force feedback that I can no longer boot it through an S where I could beforehand, etc. It's going to take people a long time to setup the cars fully to their liking now. Adding 3 clicks of rear wing from where I was made it understeer hard, where before hand, I had a little oversteer where I didn't want it. Or I would add .01 toe in up front and would be eating gravel on exits. No traction by the end of long sweepers.
IMO, a lot of people are giving up on camber and setups right now, because they can't get the whole car together with 1.09 physics, then blame it on the camber not "working" or it is "broken". It is not and I am not some sort of exception. I think that the problem is PD hasn't told anyone how the camber works and how it needs to be approached in a setup at this point. Because it is clear that most do not.