• I Need sleep

Votes: 8 9.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
MD
InFiNiTe_MeDuLa
Greets GTP brethren.

As we know alot of good rare cars came from auto manufacturers that no longer exist.
My question (s) is, Would anyone like PD to research the possibility of adding these cars, and do you think they deserve a place in GT6?

Include race models if you choose.:sly:

I think they won't because they'll focus on adding new cars and it's troublesome getting access to rare cars that are spread all over the world.

So won't happen unless it is owned by Kaz and it is on Japan, and he happens to like the car very much which means it is a Japanese one. I predict 10 more S2000s.

TVR counts anyway

There are some 'defunct' or extinct brands already in the Standard (or GT4) car list, like Alpine (although soon to be revived in real life), Autobianchi, Chaparral, Cizeta (more or less defunct) and Jensen for example so it isn't a hypothetical, PD already added some and I expect they'll add some more for GT6.

Ofcourse they deserve a place, there are so many great cars made by brands that no longer exist that you can't ignore them (well you can but you get the drift).
Personally I'd love some cars from DeTomaso, Iso, Monteverdi or Facel Vega.
Would also love NSU, Matra, Bizzarrini, Messerschmitt, Elva, etc. and don't get me started on some amazing pre-war stuff. :dopey:

If they are hard to reach too, like Vectors, the chances are low. But if it's available easily in Japan, then maybe. You have to consider how hard can they get access to the cars.

Personally I would love to see De Tomaso, Iso and Facel Vega. But since those are rare classics.......

They already have one that I know of, Chaparral, I personally would like to see Lola added to the list.

I don't see what having the cars easily accessible has to do with anything. I doubt Kaz has a '62 Special in his garage let alone anywhere in Japan. There are auto shows like SEMA, Pebble Beach, loads of owner events and museums like LeMay, Petersen, Volo...and that's just what is in the US. If they were looking to add rarer cars those would be the places to look.

Easily accessible is lazy and lazy makes terrible, in anything. As much as Kaz and PD have commented about developing the GT franchise I think we can agree that lazy is not the right descriptor.

I don't see what having the cars easily accessible has to do with anything. I doubt Kaz has a '62 Special in his garage let alone anywhere in Japan. There are auto shows like SEMA, Pebble Beach, loads of owner events and museums like LeMay, Petersen, Volo...and that's just what is in the US. If they were looking to add rarer cars those would be the places to look.

Agreed. PD managed to gain access to cars like the Jaguar XJ13, Ferrari 20M, and Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2, so I'm pretty confident that they'll have no problem finding other rare cars.

There are some 'defunct' or extinct brands already in the Standard (or GT4) car list, like Alpine (although soon to be revived in real life), Autobianchi, Chaparral, Cizeta (more or less defunct) and Jensen for example so it isn't a hypothetical, PD already added some and I expect they'll add some more for GT6.

Ofcourse they deserve a place, there are so many great cars made by brands that no longer exist that you can't ignore them (well you can but you get the drift).
Personally I'd love some cars from DeTomaso, Iso, Monteverdi or Facel Vega.
Would also love NSU, Matra, Bizzarrini, Messerschmitt, Elva, etc. and don't get me started on some amazing pre-war stuff. :dopey:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7020087#post7020087

Such bullcrap. I had to search for "my name" and "Alpine" in order to find that thread. It's lost forever otherwise.

Easily accessible is lazy and lazy makes terrible, in anything. As much as Kaz and PD have commented about developing the GT franchise I think we can agree that lazy is not the right descriptor.

Yeah, but I'm talking about permission from owners. The were lucky they got to model the classic and rare cars already in the game, most of which won competitions like the GT Award at SEMA and another GT Award at Pebble d'Concours(or something like that). The Jaguar XJ13 being a lucky one as Jaguar allowed them to touch it. And plus, modelling one car takes time. A few months, was it?

Dont many manufacturers have a production car museum, a place where they would keep the prototype (not concept) production model or model number 0000001 for example? If im on the right track, is that a possible resource? Please clue me in.

Dont many manufacturers have a production car museum, a place where they would keep the prototype (not concept) production model or model number 0000001 for example? If im on the right track, is that a possible resource? Please clue me in.

Some (if not most) do. I believe that is how the prototype Lamborghini P400 got into the game.

Auburn, Cord, Duesenberg.... (Played too much Mafia.)

Or even more recent stuff like more Plymouths, Pontiacs and even Saabs.

They are certainly welcome if the resources are available.

Some (if not most) do. I believe that is how the prototype Lamborghini P400 got into the game.

Nissan and Citroen both has warehouses full of their historical vehicles. Both are not accessible by the public. The Miura in game belongs to someone. Lamborghini, like many other manufacturers, have their own museum.

Nissan and Citroen both has warehouses full of their historical vehicles. Both are not accessible by the public. The Miura in game belongs to someone. Lamborghini, like many other manufacturers, have their own museum.

You think anyone could put an Art Morrison Corvette on jacks for a day? PD isn't really the public. I don't know how far that goes, but it's not like they're all undercover.

You think anyone could put an Art Morrison Corvette on jacks for a day? PD isn't really the public. I don't know how far that goes, but it's not like they're all undercover.

Never specified PD wasn't the public, or anything like that. But both warehouses have hundreds of cars(I know Nissan has 400+ cars, plus a lot of them is already in the game) and maybe the manufacturers have strict limits about what people can do inside the warehouses. And if the place is in Japan, it's more easily accessible.

Was going to say Ferrari 250 California, then suddenly realized Ferrari is going strong. Would be interesting to see a few Pontiacs or saabs.

Why not?

There are a lot of car makers that aren't around anymore whose cars were classics. As the guy above said - the DeTomasso.

How about AMC?

Pontiac?

knowing PD they would probably add pontiac again

If it meant getting a WS6 Trans Am or a stage 1-2 GTO Judge (Stage 3 Judge to rare to consider) It could be worth it. a 68 Bonneville Coupe for the Muscle Car Crowd...Quite Tasty (Opinion)

Latest Posts

Back