Delete all clone-cars

Only thing a hate about clone cars is that they count each clone as a separate car.

Dont see a point in removing engine variables or aero packs or something.
Only cars i would erase are EU, US and JP versions of the same car, albeit they do sometime differ in power and/or weight.
But which version of the particular car we should keep from those 3?
I'm for the most powerfull or the best power/weight/aero ratio or the country or origin (ie Honda S2000 would be used as a JP version).

You want them to go in and actively remove variant cars? That's a terrible idea. They're already there, why make more work removing them just because you don't like them?

I don't know about you, but I hate going into the Mazda delarship, and seeing Miatas and RX-7s all over the place when browsing. A lot of these duplicates is completely unnecessary. I doubt they'll remove any cars from GT6 but we can at least get the message across to PD for future games.

Just delete! U need that autos? wtf? I talk about stupid clones.
Of course we are dreaming of new cars, who against? - Nobody.

GT7 just needs to tidy the car list up completely. Why are there TWO Veyrons and two Huayras anyways in premium in gt6?? I say cut all clones and standard cars and keep going after there. All their time is being spent cleaning up the clones and standard cars just add new ones.

You want them to go in and actively remove variant cars? That's a terrible idea. They're already there, why make more work removing them just because you don't like them?
We can start with how the majority of them aren't actually variants.

Everyone knows that we have over 1200 cars, but which?
Above 50-100 are stupid clones. They just foul the autoshow.
I think they must be deleted. (For example, lots of mazdas MX5, etc.)
I can't leave a like because all you want to do is to tell PD to delete the MX-5 Miatas. They can't be deleted because there's Miata's that have been on PAL, NTSC-J and NTSC-USA which are not the same. So they MUST REMAIN THERE.

Except they are the same. 11 cars (in all honesty less than that, but let's ignore the sticker/paint packages for now) padded out into 33.

Rather than removing lots of almost-the-same cars, there should be a more intelligent way of counting them and organising them.

Instead of having an entry for every MX-5 in the Mazda dealership menu, maybe there should be just one entry. If selected, this sends you to another menu that lists every MX-5.

Counting cars... is a little more complicated. You can lump lots of the Nissan Skylines together, but not ALL of them, since some are modern, some are old, and some are extensively modified for racing. Same goes for the Chevrolet Corvettes, and lots of other cars. (I suspect it would be fair to lump together all the MX5s though.)

Also see this article: http://britgamer.co.uk/2013/11/06/how-many-cars-does-gran-turismo-6-really-have/
This guy tried to count how many "distinct" cars were in GT6, and he came up with a figure of 434. While it's a respectable number, it's really far from the 1197 advertised by Polyphony. In some places he's been generous. He counted 11 "distinct" Skylines by treating each "platform" (R30, R32, etc) as different. In other places, he's been stingy. He counted only 1 Corvette, even though there's over 50 years between some of them. He also hasn't distinguished between road-going and racing variants of the same car (like the normal and JGTC Supras).

The person who wrote that made a thread about it here. The tl;dr is, he was even more wrong with his counting by saying "Gran Turismo 6 has 434 cars" than PD was with the official number; since his methodology pretty much amounted to "if the car's shares anything in the name, it's a duplicate;" which is honestly quite silly.

There really are probably 200 cars in the game that needn't be, but that's as far as I would go as an estimate.

I see... thanks for linking that thread.

I can't remember when they started, but game developers now declare seperate values for "layouts" and "tracks". Maybe Gran Turismo needs a similarly new way of counting cars. O.o?

Everyone knows that we have over 1200 cars, but which?
Above 50-100 are stupid clones. They just foul the autoshow.
I think they must be deleted. (For example, lots of mazdas MX5, etc.)
I swear 95 percent of all the Miatas in the game are just the same car model with a different name and slightly different specs. GT NEEDS to remove all of the clones from the game!

Deleting duplicates makes room for new cars,I don't see why anyone wouldn't want that.Just keep the one with the best engine and there you go.If there were duplicates of a e36 I'd have no problem with them taking out every other version except the M3,no need for different versions of the same car.

Last edited:
There are actually 240 duplicate cars in GT6 as of the latest version so now it actually has 1007 cars, the only duplicates to hate are the ones that are roughly the same car with little to no difference, so we'd only keep the ones that matter.

Latest Posts

Back