Delete thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter starknight97
  • 56 comments
  • 3,699 views

nyone else not playing gt6 for a few weeks to wait for updates?


  • Total voters
    163
  • Poll closed .
I've waited a long time for GT6 so will continuing playing, i'm enjoying it a lot actually!!

GT5 was far more incomplete than GT6 at launch and i still played that continuously.
 
I feel like it because something is definitely wrong but i just can't stop playing it.

I have a PS4 with 3 unopened games too!!!
 
Im not buying GT6 until most bugs are sorted out (No AI Night Lights etc) and the course maker gets added, the created tracks better be selectable in Split Screen like they were early on in gt5.
 
I have a few reasons for waiting, mainly it's just free-time. I've got vacation-time from work coming up soon, and I'll have plenty of time to tinker with GT6 during then, rather than the hour or so a night I'd be able to manage at the moment.

Other reason is the bugs, If I'm playing, its to have fun & enjoy myself, not suffer through issues while trying to do so.
 
You better brace yourself because it's going to be more than a few weeks, assuming certain things like sounds get patched at all.
 
Yup gonna have another hour or so on it (GRINDING) then I might go back to Worms or Assassins Creed and keep my eye on these here forums.
 
Don't intend to buy it until the price has decreased. Wasn't overly excited about the game anyway to be honest and reading some of the things on here, I'm glad I didn't get it right away.
 
As buggy as it may be, I don't mind playing it the way it is while waiting for improvements. I'm not going to pay $60.00 for something and just sit it on the shelve just because there are some bugs to be worked out. It is still very playable.
 
I'm waiting to advance my career. my GTR is to loose with Race hards,I had no problem with Sport Hards. but in the meantime ill be screwing around with photo mode and trying to learn the new tuneing system
 
Why limit yourself? The only thing that's gonna happen if you wait, is more waiting. And you'll also encourage that part of your brain that says something is not good enough, making yourself more difficult to satisfy. Waiting only put limitations on you, it does not give you more pleasure.
 
Since the career has never been terribly important to me anyway, I'm happy enough getting through it now. If things get fixed that significantly improves things in career, I can always just replay the races anyway. The driving physics are so good, it's pretty easy to forgive the various problems.
 
Interesting poll... I'm playing it "slowly" exploring cars, etc.

My ore launch hype just transitioned to post launch and I don't want to only have drip fed post launch content if I complete the game.

Needless to say, the next planned releases are hopefully robust and not just touch ups or completely separate "after thoughts".
 
Sure it's missing a few things but the game is still more than playable and solid. I've been playing every chance I get for the past week (since release day).

The time in-between patches are perfect for me, it gives me plenty of time to go through the career mode and learn to tune properly. The only thing I'm waiting for is the 'Community' section.
 
No because I don't buy games to not play them for weeks.
 
I've been playing it every day and loving it. The only bug that has hindered me is the headlights not working properly on some of the cars I have used for night races.

I am looking forward to updates and more content as it comes, right now would like to have the ability to share a car and/or gift a car to my friends to help them out in some of the races and I would like to have B-Spec available so I could earn some extra credits while watching TV
 
Not that I have a choice since I still haven't got the game. But I'm not too enthusiastic about getting it right now. Hopefully they'll fix many mistakes in a future update.
 
Still too much to do on it to stop now. Physics and competing with friends and family on the license test leaderboards keep me coming back at the mo.

Still haven't driven a lot of the tracks at night yet e.g. Apricot Hill.

Haven't touched some tracks at all yet (Spa).

If I'd run out of content, maybe.
 
How nice of you to add a poll.









No.
 
Nope, I'm not even fully through National B, have one make and coffee brake left, and I'm really enjoying it. I started playing with ABS and HUD off in cockpit view a couple days ago and it's an awesome experience. I really have to work to win a race or gold a license/mission and find myself going back and doing them over and over to better my times which I never did on licenses normally. I just spent an hour on Mission B5 at Silverstone until I had a clean lap that I was happy with and enjoyed every second of it. The game does have issues, but it still worth playing, just my opinion though.
 
I won't stop playing but I will slow down. Most of my issues with the game are design choices rather than bugs so I don't expect them to get fixed. Excessive draft even when set on weak doesn't make me excited about online. The locked on SRF means most of the special events, seasonals and license tests have little replay value. Poor AI and catch the rabbit races are starting to get a little tiring. I'm still having fun with the game but it's not what it could be.
 
Im waiting for a new aeromodel, a new pp model where tyres are included. Racing soft lobbys make
me wanna........ A physicsmodel that calculate weight distrubution in hight. Little mini vans with frontwheel
drive and a high wieght distrubution would not be where they are right now if this was adressed.
 
Guess Asetto Corsa made Everything else behave,look,and sound like it is 10 years after.
Having more funn hotlapping,drifting and try to improve on the leaderboards with the
RSR Live App wich is free to download. And on Friday its time for the iconick ferrari F40!!!!!
 
I'm enjoying it regardless, but any significant fixes and updates are certainly welcome and I can't wait for the new features to be added!

Not really getting into any serious online stuff until a couple of the big updates come along, just in case it changes things massively.
 
I have to wait since it is my christmas gift but also so most of the bugs being sorted out from the time it got released on the 6th to christmas.
 
By not playing the game and waiting for bug fixes, you're just missing out. Any fixes they're going to give us in the coming months probably won't change your perception of the game.. So you may as well just play it, or throw it up on Amazon instead of letting $35-40 sit on a shelf..

And if you know GT, you should've known it wasn't going to be right out of the case. You probably would've been better off not buying it to begin with..
 
Back