[DELETED BY OP]

• Thread starter Death2508
  • 11 comments
I've been drifting my Silvia S15 Touring car and I've noticed that as I pull out of drifts, it's really easy to ruin everything due to my car trying to drift the other way or spin me. Drifting style: I don't use the handbrake to drift, and just turn, slam, and feather the throttle and right stick then hope for the best.
The S15 Touring car isn't the nicest car to drift, never really liked it but this was the best I could make of it -

Silvia S15 TC

If your car keeps sliding off track, what settings do you adjust to keep it on? I either slide off track or go arse over teakettle on the second hairpin.
You're going to have to be more specific than that, sounds like operator issue :lol:

The second hairpin at tsukuba is far too slow for downforce to have any noticeable effect. Try a different car until you get the hang of things, the S15 touring car is not a good choice to learn with, try the road car instead as it is so much easier to work with

I've been drifting my Silvia S15 Touring car and I've noticed that as I pull out of drifts, it's really easy to ruin everything due to my car trying to drift the other way or spin me. Drifting style: I don't use the handbrake to drift, and just turn, slam, and feather the throttle and right stick then hope for the best.

Hmm... It its kind of a vague description, but have you tried lowering your HP? If you don't want to sack the power, have you tried equipping gripper tires (street tires+) to see if you sustain better balance? If you do see a huge improvement when you equip better tires, than you can try lowering your HP/Torque. Many things can factor into the issue you are having. You can also try adjusting your controller or steering wheels sensitivity. Then there is the suspension aspect. Is it too stiff? Too soft? How big is the front and back suspension height difference? Does your front end dip alot up or down when throttle or braking? Did you mess with weight distribution?

It's kinda hard to pinpoint the solution without seeing you handle your car. Goodluck.

P.S. I forgot to also add that your gears can make the difference as well depending on your torque/power band.

Last edited:
Hmm... It its kind of a vague description, but have you tried lowering your HP? If you don't want to sack the power, have you tried equipping gripper tires (street tires+) to see if you sustain better balance? If you do see a huge improvement when you equip better tires, than you can try lowering your HP/Torque. Many things can factor into the issue you are having. You can also try adjusting your controller or steering wheels sensitivity. Then there is the suspension aspect. Is it too stiff? Too soft? How big is the front and back suspension height difference? Does your front end dip alot up or down when throttle or braking? Did you mess with weight distribution?

It's kinda hard to pinpoint the solution without seeing you handle your car. Goodluck.

P.S. I forgot to also add that your gears can make the difference as well depending on your torque/power band.
Since I posted this, my tuning and driving have improved a lot. Thank you for your help, and I will take your info into account.

Back