Drift Haus Tuning Garage

• Thread starter DolHaus
  • 238 comments
I personally find that torque is much easier to work with than high horsepower, ideally I'm looking for a broad torque band so I have smooth power delivery throughout the rev range. With high horsepower cars the power delivery is much sharper and makes the car much more tricky to keep on the limit, even more so if you're not experienced.

Short gearing will cause problems as you want to be using as much of the rev range to control the speed the rear wheels are spinning rather than keeping the car within a specific range. You can't really change gears while the tires are lit as it will unbalance the car and so you will find yourself bouncing off the limiter constantly and not accelerating out of the corners.
Generally I don't bother with a custom trans as the fixed ratio boxes are usually more than adequate for the task, I can't really think of any circumstance where I'd genuinely notice the difference a full custom setup could make. You might be able to wrangle a few extra points in a seasonal event by getting the wheels to spin slightly faster but it won't make a noticeable difference for the most part. The only circumstance I'd change it was if I was consistently topping out or bogging down on a long corner, then it would just be a click either way on the max speed.

To stop over rotation try adding a little bit more Toe in on the rear, just take it up 2 clicks at a time until you feel comfortable.

Experiment with the Diff, there are no fixed rules as to how you should do it, a lot of people default to the 5/60/5 or 60/60/60 as these represent locked diffs. 5/60/5 will give you full lock under acceleration but will allow sharp adjustments when you lift which can help to keep the car sliding, 60/60/60 is a welded diff and gives unrivalled consistency at the rear wheels but needs precise throttle control. I like to run a slightly more open diff that will lock when asked but give you more grip when you need it and better exit speed.

All comes down to personal taste and what suits the car, the Initial and Accel are all you need to concentrate on. Keep the Initial quite low and the Accel quite high, you can make big adjustments and feel the results easil so it doesn't take long to get setup, makes it easier to understand what the different settings affect as well so will help you with general tuning.

👍
*whistles* Right on the dot. 👍

I personally find that torque is much easier to work with than high horsepower, ideally I'm looking for a broad torque band so I have smooth power delivery throughout the rev range. With high horsepower cars the power delivery is much sharper and makes the car much more tricky to keep on the limit, even more so if you're not experienced.

Short gearing will cause problems as you want to be using as much of the rev range to control the speed the rear wheels are spinning rather than keeping the car within a specific range. You can't really change gears while the tires are lit as it will unbalance the car and so you will find yourself bouncing off the limiter constantly and not accelerating out of the corners.
Generally I don't bother with a custom trans as the fixed ratio boxes are usually more than adequate for the task, I can't really think of any circumstance where I'd genuinely notice the difference a full custom setup could make. You might be able to wrangle a few extra points in a seasonal event by getting the wheels to spin slightly faster but it won't make a noticeable difference for the most part. The only circumstance I'd change it was if I was consistently topping out or bogging down on a long corner, then it would just be a click either way on the max speed.

To stop over rotation try adding a little bit more Toe in on the rear, just take it up 2 clicks at a time until you feel comfortable.

Experiment with the Diff, there are no fixed rules as to how you should do it, a lot of people default to the 5/60/5 or 60/60/60 as these represent locked diffs. 5/60/5 will give you full lock under acceleration but will allow sharp adjustments when you lift which can help to keep the car sliding, 60/60/60 is a welded diff and gives unrivalled consistency at the rear wheels but needs precise throttle control. I like to run a slightly more open diff that will lock when asked but give you more grip when you need it and better exit speed.

All comes down to personal taste and what suits the car, the Initial and Accel are all you need to concentrate on. Keep the Initial quite low and the Accel quite high, you can make big adjustments and feel the results easil so it doesn't take long to get setup, makes it easier to understand what the different settings affect as well so will help you with general tuning.

👍
Wow great explanation on the LSD use for drifting. Have you considered writing a drifting tune guide? To make the un-driftable cars driftable?
I'll work on it slowly have another 2000 laps to run at Ascari for the first data point set for aero testing.:boggled: And that's one car of the planned 5.

Last edited:
Hey mate have been using your S13 tune and have had some great success with it. Was wondering If you could come up with a Golf Gti 76 tune? Thanks.

Wow great explanation on the LSD use for drifting. Have you considered writing a drifting tune guide? To make the un-driftable cars driftable?
I'll work on it slowly have another 2000 laps to run at Ascari for the first data point set for aero testing.:boggled: And that's one car of the planned 5.
I've thought about it before but there isn't really much difference between setting up a drift car and a race car so my general tuning guide should cover the main bits well enough. As long as some of the power is going to the rear wheels there is no such thing as an un-driftable car, the problems only really come with the amount of power - too little and you can't keep the tyres lit, too much and it all comes down to your ability to control it.
My favourite track for learning is Tsukuba, there is a good variety of corner types and speeds on a short circuit with very few straights. Ascari is good but there are a lot of other elements such as varying corner camber to contend with which can prove difficult when first learning. The new Zahara track is a lot of fun for a bit of street drifting, had a bit of fun with it already and I think its going to prove popular with touge racers and drifters alike.

Hey mate have been using your S13 tune and have had some great success with it. Was wondering If you could come up with a Golf Gti 76 tune? Thanks.
Its a front wheel drive, I have experimented with them before and there is only so much you can do with them, mostly comes down to technique rather than setup. I'll have a look if you really want but unless you're familiar with the techniques necessary to slide a front wheel drive then I wouldn't recommend it. 👍

@DolHaus Can you tune the silvia s15 TC? I want to have that one because of all the decals added to it. Tried tuning it myself but I can't get around to making it slide properly, either spins out or it doesn't go sideways. Thanks

S15Circuito de la Sierra.jpg

Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) Touring Car '02

Wheel / Joypad: PS3 controller
Power: 421 BHP @ 7400 rpm / 42.5 kgfm @ 7200 rpm
Weight: 1000 kg
Performance Points: 532pp
Tires: CH

Suspension: (Height-Adjustable, Fully-Customisable Suspension)
Ride Height: Front: 100 Rear: 95
Spring Rate: Front: 10.10 kg Rear: 11.02 kg
Dampers (Compression): Front: 4 Rear: 4
Dampers (Extension): Front: 7 Rear: 7
Anti-Roll Bars: Front: 5 Rear: 6
Camber Angle (-): Front: 0.9° Rear: 0.4°
Toe Angle: Front: -0.18° Rear: 0.18°

Brakes:
F: 5 R: 5

Drivetrain: Fully Customisable Transmission

Differential Gear: Fully Customisable Differential
Initial Torque: F - R -10
Acceleration Sensitivity: F - R -52
Braking Sensitivity: F - R -10
Clutch & Flywheel: Standard
Propeller Shaft: Carbon

Power
Oil Change: No
Power Limiter: 100%
Engine Tuning: Standard
Computer: Standard
Exhaust: Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Standard
Catalytic Converter: Standard
Intake Tuning: Standard
Turbo Kit: Stage: High-RPM
Nitrous Oxide (N2O): No

Body
Body Rigidity Improvement: No
Downforce: F: 100 R: 200
Weight Reduction: Standard
Bonnet: Standard
Windows: Standard
Ballast: 0 kg
Ballast position: 0

View attachment 233663
Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) Touring Car '02

Power: 421 BHP @ 7400 rpm / 42.5 kgfm @ 7200 rpm
Weight: 1000 kg
Performance Points: 532pp

Ride Height: Front: 100 Rear: 95
Spring Rate: Front: 10.10 kg Rear: 11.02 kg
Dampers (Compression): Front: 4 Rear: 4
Dampers (Extension): Front: 7 Rear: 7
Anti-Roll Bars: Front: 5 Rear: 6
Camber Angle (-): Front: 0.9° Rear: 0.4°
Toe Angle: Front: -0.18° Rear: 0.18°

Brakes:

Acceleration Sensitivity: F - R -52
Clutch & Flywheel: Standard

Power
Exhaust Manifold: Standard
Intake Tuning:
Standard
Turbo Kit: Stage: High-RPM

Body
Downforce: F: 100 R: 200
Weight Reduction: Standard
Bonnet: Standard
Windows: Standard

Thanks mate, i'll try it out in a bit

Thanks mate, i'll try it out in a bit
No problem
Its not the easiest car to drift, quite surprising really considering how good all the other silvia's are. Its quite capable if you are delicate with the throttle though, quite easy to keep it sliding once you get into the rhythm and the car can hold some huge angles if you get it right 👍

Sorry man, my internet is patchy at best at the moment so I'm struggling to get online. Throw me a request and I'll add you when I get my connection sorted 👍
Going to test the silvia now and i'll elt you know how it works. Your tune wasn't as far as mine, the only different stuff i had were the LSD and tiny changes in the suspension

Did a few laps on suzuka, I found that with the oil change and everything maxed out then tranny tuned down to 250 km/h works better for me, it gives more power to the wheels so i can hold a steady drift on 4th gear, you should try that out mate. Other than that, amazing tune, thanks for the help; might ask for some more later!

Did a few laps on suzuka, I found that with the oil change and everything maxed out then tranny tuned down to 250 km/h works better for me, it gives more power to the wheels so i can hold a steady drift on 4th gear, you should try that out mate. Other than that, amazing tune, thanks for the help; might ask for some more later!
Fair enough, I'm not a big fan of high powered cars as they don't suit my driving style but if that is what works for you then that's great 👍
Glad you enjoyed it and feel free to ask in the future :cheers:

Fair enough, I'm not a big fan of high powered cars as they don't suit my driving style but if that is what works for you then that's great 👍
Glad you enjoyed it and feel free to ask in the future :cheers:

RX-8 Type S '07, Viper SRT10 ACR or Viper GTS '13, GENKI Hyper Silvia RS2, Murcielago LP 640 or SV, Jag XK Coupe Luxury, Mercedes SL 55 AMG R230.

Any of those would be a lot of fun to drift, not asking for one in particular though. Thanks man! :cheers:

RX-8 Type S '07, Viper SRT10 ACR or Viper GTS '13, GENKI Hyper Silvia RS2, Murcielago LP 640 or SV, Jag XK Coupe Luxury, Mercedes SL 55 AMG R230.

Any of those would be a lot of fun to drift, not asking for one in particular though. Thanks man! :cheers:
I have a few of those sitting in the garage although I'm taking the vipers off the table, tried it recently and just didn't like it, too much grip means you have to run massive power and then you lose the delicacy. Too much sledge hammer and not enough scalpel for me :lol:

bossHigh Speed Ring_3.jpg

Ford Mustang Boss 302 '13

Power: 586 BHP @ 6700 rpm / 73.1 kgfm @ 4700 rpm
Weight: 1319 kg
Performance Points: 561pp

Ride Height: Front: 100 Rear: 85
Spring Rate: Front: 8.40 kg Rear: 10.16 kg
Dampers (Compression): Front: 3 Rear: 2
Dampers (Extension): Front: 7 Rear: 5
Anti-Roll Bars: Front: 1 Rear: 3
Camber Angle (-): Front: 0.5° Rear: 0.0°
Toe Angle: Front: 0.00° Rear: 0.00°

Brakes:

Acceleration Sensitivity: F - R -50
Clutch & Flywheel: Triple-Plate

Power
Exhaust: Semi-Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Isometric
Intake Tuning: Yes
Turbo Kit: Stage: Supercharger

Body

Downforce: F: 0 R: 5
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Bonnet: Carbon
Windows: Weight Reduction

Hey mate, I'd like some help with my Jag XK Coupe Luxury. Used this car to beat the new seasonal event, did the tune in the act, managed to beat you:lol: Still needs some work though so if you could do something for me I'd appreciate it. Thanks! :cheers:

V12VantageCircuit de la Sarthe 2009_1.jpg

Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10

Wheel / Joypad:
PS3 controller
Power: 604 BHP @ 7000 rpm / 64.1 kgfm @ 6000 rpm
Weight: 1375 kg
Performance Points: 561pp

Ride Height: Front: 100 Rear: 100
Spring Rate: Front: 7.41 kg Rear: 8.60 kg
Dampers (Compression): Front: 2 Rear: 1
Dampers (Extension): Front: 2 Rear: 3
Anti-Roll Bars: Front: 4 Rear: 4
Camber Angle (-): Front: 0.0° Rear: 0.0°
Toe Angle: Front: 0.00° Rear: 0.16°
Brakes: F: 4 R: 7

Drivetrain: 6 Speed

Initial Torque: F - R -9
Acceleration Sensitivity: F - R -50
Braking Sensitivity: F - R -9
Clutch & Flywheel: Twin Plate

Power
Engine Tuning: Stage 1
Exhaust Manifold: Isomtric
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Turbo Kit: Stage: Standard
Body
Downforce: F: 0 R: 5 (optional)
Ballast: 30 kg
Ballast position: 50

xkAutumn Ring.jpg

Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury '07

Wheel / Joypad:
PS3 controller
Power: 599 BHP @ 6200 rpm / 83.6 kgfm @ 4700 rpm
Weight: 1423 kg
Performance Points: 558pp

Ride Height: Front: 104 Rear: 90
Spring Rate: Front: 7.36 kg Rear: 7.72 kg
Dampers (Compression): Front: 1 Rear: 1
Dampers (Extension): Front: 2 Rear: 4
Anti-Roll Bars: Front: 4 Rear: 5
Camber Angle (-): Front: 1.5° Rear: 0.6°
Toe Angle: Front: 0.10° Rear: 0.19°
Brakes: F: 5 R: 5

Drivetrain: Standard

Initial Torque: F - R -5
Acceleration Sensitivity: F - R -35
Braking Sensitivity: F - R -6
Clutch & Flywheel: Twin Plate

Power
Engine Tuning: Stage 2
Exhaust Manifold: Isometric
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Turbo Kit: Stage: Supercharger
Body
Downforce: F: 0 R: 0
Ballast: 70 kg
Ballast position: 50

Do you mind if I post one of my tunes here?
Sorry man, I can't have others posting tunes in my garage.
If you want some feedback then message me the tune and I'll give it a spin, otherwise you can either set up your own garage thread or post it in the tune directory 👍

Sorry man, I can't have others posting tunes in my garage.
If you want some feedback then message me the tune and I'll give it a spin, otherwise you can either set up your own garage thread or post it in the tune directory 👍

Yeah I was thinking about that but since I don't tune much I wouldn't post many tunes and they wouldn't be good. If you should give me a hand in creating a thread and help me fix my tunes that'd be great!

Yeah I was thinking about that but since I don't tune much I wouldn't post many tunes and they wouldn't be good. If you should give me a hand in creating a thread and help me fix my tunes that'd be great!
I'd be happy to help you with the tuning and getting started with your own garage, no worries 👍

Latest Posts

Back