Deliberate offending by Japanese drivers in the Daily races.

• Thread starter Dalone
  • 47 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the majority of the drivers you race with, are from a particular place... Then their nationality has nothing to do with them crashing into you, it's just statistics... regardless of your bewildering references to a war that ended some 70 odd years ago...

Edit; I'd also love to see the research you did into the people who crashed into you, proving they are even Japanese:lol::lol::lol:
Well I did quite a lot of research Baldgye into where the offending drivers came from.

Over many weeks of meticulous research (including DNA testing) into the subject I have come to the unassailable conclusion that Japanese drivers ALWAYS have a Japanese flag alongside their names.

This may come as a shock to you, as it did to me, but it is true all the same.

As for your concern regarding 'bewildering references' I could remind you that 'the sins of the fathers', or in some cases, the humiliation of the fathers, can take more than a generation or two to overcome.
However I am prepared to accept that some/many of the racers in question are just bad sportsmen or women. I will continue on anyway and try and ignore rude driving and not retaliate, but it is very hard not to sometimes.

Last edited:
But, if you get xenophobic comments in game, you should report those players.
I don't see why people should have to hide their nationality because of abuse. I'm not exactly proud of being English, especially after this last year, but I shouldn't be afraid of people being xenophobic.

" I'm not exactly proud of being English, especially after this last year,"

Wow! What a thing to say. Of course England today (because of failed immigration policies) is not the England of old and having British stamped on your passport doesn't necessarily mean you are English.

As for your xenophobes, they are only one race, aye. Ha ha ha.

Or perhaps as the vast majority of the racers you are up against are Japanese then chances are, if you get hit, it'll be by a Japanese driver. That doesn't mean they're out to get you.

I will reiterate.

"I do not see them doing it to each other, just Aussies. Many times I have witnessed Japanese' drivers in 4th or 5th dropping back behind me (when the leaders are Japanese), and this happened when most were B class drivers (for no apparent reason) only to knock me off the track at the earliest opportunity."

For those who may have missed it, here it is again.

"I do not see them doing it to each other, just Aussies."

I've been punted off by Japanese players, Aussies, Malaysians and Indonesians. The worst I've seen thus far was from Hong Kong. I've even had a fellow kiwi send me into the dirt so he could make a corner.

There is a jerk in every race, and if the majority of the field is Japanese...

All I know is to give them Brazilians enough room. Also tossing out the word xenophobic is quite ignorant, you haven't experienced what he has. He's complaining about a BEHAVIOR, not about strange people. The few Brazilians I've raced have almost all rammed me, even though they are genuinely fast drivers. I'd like to think its lag, but I got a message of one saying " stupid American ", after he wrecked me, in Portuguese. I find it kind of ignorant people assume every culture on earth is identical, some people might view it ok to give light rams, others might not. Maybe it is prejudice, maybe it's not. But saying "it's not" as if its a fact is pretty myopic. It's most likely just a few party poopers, were they targeting you, maybe. Are all Japanese people like that, probably not. Its best just never mention this stuff because you get race-sensitive trolls who come out of the woodwork slinging dumb labels for pointing out a behavior shared among groups. Geez.

Last edited:
Every country has their own fair share of dirty drivers, with that being said I give huge props to everyone that tries their best to drive courteously regardless of their nationality. If I accidentally hit and punt others I'll slow down to give that driver a chance to overtake, and apologize via the chat box if possible

Unfortunately it appears we in Australia, in the evening in particular, generally race against a field comprising one or two Aussies and nearly all the rest are Japanese.

I have to presume they have a huge inferiority complex against us or just hatred from the war, but all the same it is very REAL.

This is complete rubbish. If you made it up to sportsmanship A or S you wouldn't be getting in as many incidents, and there is the same nationality split in those classes as well.

I stated it as I saw it and that is, how I saw it many many times, and I expected the xenophobic tag to be thrown out here as I fully understand some people have their own agenda.

No matter, as I said earlier, I'll continue driving and will do my best not to take offence when poor sportsmanship shows it's face, and will, whenever possible when I make a mistake in judgement in a race, attempt to rectify it.

Anyway, wishing you all a great New Year, may your dreams come true.

A word of caution though on the roads in the lead up to New year.

I understand there are many people out there who have drank too much and have let their wives drive. ;)

This is complete rubbish. If you made it up to sportsmanship A or S you wouldn't be getting in as many incidents, and there is the same nationality split in those classes as well.

Watch some anime bruh, they always portray Americans as money, hungry warmongers. I'd show you a video of it, but the last clip is of a black Elvis knock-off cussing his mouth off while selling hotdogs in time square with a bunch of blond broads in American bikinis. Im not saying all Japanise do that, but to say its complete rubbish is pretty easily disproven when you see the common archetype of the ignorant American being peddled heavily in a multitude of animes. My favorite is the white guy in Samurai Champloo who has a Texan accent and says " even these savages know what baseball is" as he comes off of the ship that is blasting the star spangled banner and shooting cannons off into the ocean.Hahah! Yeah man im sure they don't harbor ANY hatred from the war, its just anime after all..

Edit: just look up, and vulgarity warning at the last clip.
Stereotypes of the U.S.A. and Americans in Japanese animation on youtube.

Last edited:
Watch some anime bruh, they always portray Americans as money, hungry warmongers. I'd show you a video of it, but the last clip is of a black Elvis knock-off cussing his mouth off while selling hotdogs in time square with a bunch of blond broads in American bikinis. Im not saying all Japanise do that, but to say its complete rubbish is pretty easily disproven when you see the common archetype of the ignorant American being peddled heavily in a multitude of animes. My favorite is the white guy in Samurai Champloo who has a Texan accent and says " even these savages know what baseball is" as he comes off of the ship that is blasting the star spangled banner and shooting cannons off into the ocean.Hahah! Yeah man im sure they don't harbor ANY hatred from the war, its just anime after all..

I too get my insight on Japanese culture by watching cartoons

I too get my insight on Japanese culture by watching cartoons
Oh we have a smart one, im guessing all those minstrel cartoons depicting African Americans as chimps in the 20's-50's were completely harmless, and not a reflection of the public sentiment at the time. Go read a book.

The 'Ugly American' stereotype isn't unique to Japan, in fact it is depicted in Western culture also. Although, much less now than it was. You can see it in The Man With The Golden Gun, if you want to subject yourself to two hours of Bond movie where the most memorable part is the villain having three nipples.

The 'Ugly American' stereotype isn't unique to Japan, in fact it is depicted in Western culture also. Although, much less now than it was. You can see it in The Man With The Golden Gun, if you want to subject yourself to two hours of Bond movie where the most memorable part is the villain having three nipples.
Im in just for the three nipples!

Oh we have a smart one, im guessing all those minstrel cartoons depicting African Americans as chimps in the 20's-50's were completely harmless, and not a reflection of the public sentiment at the time. Go read a book.

Just poking fun, mate. No need to go all hyperintellectual on me.

Indonesian here.

So far playing Sport Mode with carrying my flag, most Japanese and Australians players are good, clean and considerate (they even apologize) but I also found some Japanese/Australian players who play like they don't care about their SR.

Yesterday I recorded my race in Maggiore, take a look:

I also do hits but it is completely unintentional. But heck, this is online game, how you could trust someone? How could you understand their true intentions? Even Kaz were saying in a race, communication is difficult.

I am feeling sorry for @SestoScudo , worry not, I even found myself hit by same flag in lobby race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back