Dell acquires Alienware

  • Thread starter Thread starter Omnis
  • 17 comments
  • 973 views
I think its good Dell are doing this, now they can improve the airflow in Dell's.
 
...Yep.

Because corporate takeover is the new robotussin. It cures everything, especially air flow. :rolleyes:
 
Or Dell could screw up the airflow in Alienware PC's. :rolleyes:
 
Hmmm.. Does this mean that we'll finally see an AMD powered Dell ?....
 
Alright, now we can expect over priced Dell's?
 
Pako
Alright, now we can expect over priced Dell's?
:lol: Yeah. Certainly what they don't need...
 
Gaming Dells are already overpriced.

All Dell will be able to do is go, "DUDE YER GETTIN' A DELLIANWARE!"
 
I love it.

I hope that one day I'm a huge multi-billion dollar company that can buy out competitors on a whim.
 
It seems that Dell will continue to brand high-end PCs as Alienware units. This is interesting because Dell is renowned for being non-acquisitive. Is it a desperate grab for market share? Or is it a sneaky way into the AMD fold? Perhaps a little of both.

Personally though I think it's because Dell is a high-volume low-price box shifter, whose real powerhouse machines have lost credibility in recent years. I think that that could be due to AMD having a much more sensible pricing model for sending processors into the consumer market for people to use to self-build. And AMD has much better 3rd party motherboard support. With Intel you're looking at paying more for the chips to self-build, and more for the motherboards. Also, in my view, Intel are almost using the retail channel to subsidise the OEM channel, because they offer pretty steep discounts to OEMs.
 
toyomatt84
Doesn't their 10k pc come with 4 7800's? What's the point? Consume all electrical resources for a square block?
Just a block? Come on man, we gotta shut down the city with a single rig!
 
Burnout
A Dell branded one at that. 👍

Dell Flux Capacitor... now that's a maintenance nightmare. It'd be a good thing that they have 24/7 support, because that's how long you'd be on the phone trying to get the thing fixed.
 
I never liked either but I don't see how this helps either of them??
 
Back