Demanding GT5 Humans

  • Thread starter Thread starter vinze1129
  • 19 comments
  • 1,274 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
118
Malaysia
Selangor
Messages
GTP_VincentKhung
When you get the game too easy, there is complain
When the game gets harder, there is complain

What is wrong with GT5 Humans ?

What actually do you Humans want from GT5 ?????
 
Before you get assaulted by other members, I'm going to make the assumption that English is not your first language?

And to answer that, nobody will ever be happy with everything. GT5 has its strengths and its faults. Just, some people expect perfection.
 
Humans? I am happy that PD actually made GT5 and not make it a ghost game like Duke Nukem or Star Craft: Ghost.
 
I am not assaulted, just curious only.
 
If you are going to get something wrong, you should at least be consistent in getting it wrong. GT5 has sparked a nerve because there is no consistency in terms of difficulty. Why the S-License is so much easier to obtain than the IB-License is just a mystery.
 
The people who say GT5 is easy are typically the ones who take a fully modified McLaren F1 against a pack of AI Civics in A-Spec. When they have to compete on a level playing field with the A-Spec NASCAR and FGT events, the game is too hard because they can no longer out-power the competition, and have to actually *gasp* try. Then, they hop online with their most powerful car, and find out the hard way that they aren't half as awesome as they think they are, as a lowly hatchback blows past them at the first corner. I feel for these people, I really do.

Basically, it can be summed up in two words: People are dumb.
 
Although some of the names you see are fantastic such as U.Urner and I.Cash
 
Sum1s2pid you sum it up well. Most complain about FGT as you are in equal cars on not so easy circuits i think PD choose those circuits to make it harder as each has it's own degree of difficulty just when you think you can handle the FGT you then face a different track requiring different skills.. Or the Historic Cup where things are pretty even as you can't access a much more powerful car to compete with at that stage of the game.These 2 races i wish ALL GT5 were like this ! Or that for each event you had to use "like for like" and not blast your way through the levels in some over powered car which allows one to make mistake after mistake and still retain the lead ! As for online i don't venture there much due to players either using the X2010 or simply wasting you if you get pass them too easy. In the main those complaining are those who play the game this way. Yes it is only a game and aimed at the mass population but to complain you can't beat certain races and get Gold for everything well there you go , what do you want ? You only acheive what your capabilities allow ! Live with it life is like that ! Others complain about the graphical content or mismatched car descriptions , No cockpit view for their favourite car,no saves on Endurance races etc .. Which i can understand as to have all of these would be perfect and make GT5 even more enjoyable.
 
"Too easy." "Too hard." Those are pretty much your options for opinions on the game's difficulty. I'd be more surprised if a lot of people said the game is "exactly enough of a challenge."
 
it's realy quite easy to tell you what GT5 humans want: they want THEIR game, what that means in essence is that each and every one of them wants a custom game that has everything that they personally need, want and expect.
So, stupid, stupid PD should not have made one Gt5, they should have made 5.5 million(so far) custom tailored games.
 
The people who say GT5 is easy are typically the ones who take a fully modified McLaren F1 against a pack of AI Civics in A-Spec. When they have to compete on a level playing field with the A-Spec NASCAR and FGT events, the game is too hard because they can no longer out-power the competition, and have to actually *gasp* try. Then, they hop online with their most powerful car, and find out the hard way that they aren't half as awesome as they think they are, as a lowly hatchback blows past them at the first corner. I feel for these people, I really do.

Basically, it can be summed up in two words: People are dumb.

👍

kitchenboy3
??? Are you lost?

I think he assumed that the OP meant the generated AI names when racing rather than actual people.
 
The people who say GT5 is easy are typically the ones who take a fully modified McLaren F1 against a pack of AI Civics in A-Spec. When they have to compete on a level playing field with the A-Spec NASCAR and FGT events, the game is too hard because they can no longer out-power the competition, and have to actually *gasp* try. Then, they hop online with their most powerful car, and find out the hard way that they aren't half as awesome as they think they are, as a lowly hatchback blows past them at the first corner. I feel for these people, I really do.

Basically, it can be summed up in two words: People are dumb.

you mean 3 words, but yes that is true :dopey:
 
"Too easy." "Too hard." Those are pretty much your options for opinions on the game's difficulty. I'd be more surprised if a lot of people said the game is "exactly enough of a challenge."

The game will be perfect when exactly half the people claim it's "Too Easy", while the other half complain that it's "Too Hard."
 
Basically, it can be summed up in two words: People are dumb.

That is the funniest thing I have read on the internet for at least a year.

I agree with the rest of what you said though.
 
I think GT5 is the best driving simulator available so far.
It is hard to satisfy everyone, unless you give everyone a custom made GT.
 
being a n00b here, I will just say that for me, the game is a good balance. im not a great driver, but I can move thru most of the aspec events with an even car. I have played GT since the start, I was stationed in japan when it 1st came out and had it on my japanese PS before it was out here in the states. back then I could play 6-10 hours a day to kill time and get great. today, with a family, a job, and other interests, i cant give more than a few hours a day, and even that I get the stink eye from the wife sometimes.

I enjoy the challenge of a race by myself sometimes, but I dont enjoy getting so mad because some of the events are virtually unbeatable unless you are an excellent driver. its a game, for enjoyment, when it gets not enjoyable, thats when its time to move on. I got to that point in gt4 a few years back and just stopped playing and never turned my ps2 on again. I didnt want a ps3 until gt5 came out, been playing for ~3 weeks now and at around 50 percent complete, and almost to the point where I am going to take a break from it and just run friends in my lounge for kicks and smack talk.

to each his own, free time when you are late teens and early 20's seems to be quite a bit more abundant that in your 40's....god I feel old.
 
When you get the game too easy, there is complain
When the game gets harder, there is complain

What is wrong with GT5 Humans ?

What actually do you Humans want from GT5 ?????

Maybe searching for and reading the many threads on what poeple think about GT5, both positive and negative, would answer that question better than any one person.

Different people want different things, different people play the game in different ways, have different skill levels and also have different ideas and expectations.

On any game there are always going to be some complaints, that's the law of averages, the thing about GT5 is that it's somehow managed to make the majority of people (including die hard GT5 fans and enthusiasts) unhappy about at least one thing or in some cases, many things.

The situation is not helped by the fact the game was delayed for so long, people were already frustrated, and when the game was finally released it did not seem fuly 'complete' or without flaw, which has resulted in 3 updates (in the first month) to correct general issues rather than issues of a personal opinion from one particular person.

This again was not helped, by the pre release statements that Polyphony kept delaying the release of the game because they wanted it perfect, which it was far from. Also, add to this the fact that certain features we were told would be in the game, but aren't, means there has been a huge backlash from people who are venting their frustrations about the situation.

As mentioned on other threads, alot of people care about Gran Turismo and for them to be treated like this, it is only natural there are going to be many people who are expressing their feelings, which, owing to the above mentioned scenario, just happen to be negative.
 
GT5 Humans are human. Humans are not perfect. Those who are not perfect complain. Therefore GT5 Humans complain. And other GT5 Humans complain about GT5 Humans complaining. It's a vicious cycle.

And in other news, this is a thread complaining about complaining. Not a topic that has an easy answer, or one that can be resolved within this forum.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back