Nah its just really high quality video, the special effects that they have in the video cannot be realtime.
Apart from being at 60fps the intro also has really high amounts of AA and AF, the reflection maps and shadow maps are also of extremely high quality, PS3 cannot do that in real time, also the way cars and the environments change would require loading if it were in realtime.
For me the biggest disappointment is the low FPS in replays, I hope they figure it out by the final release but to be honest I dont think that they'll be able to pull it off as the game already struggles to maintain 30 fps in replays. By the final release the shadows would be fixed (hopefully) and we might also have damage, these graphical improvements are going to use more resources and I guess PD would settle with steady 30fps replays.
Funny thing about GT games, I've never been able to "really" enjoy them, they push the graphics so far that one really can't help thinking what the game would look like in the next gen of consoles, like I can't wait to see the game on PS4, true 1080p, 8xAA, 16xAF, 60fps at all the times, 24 cars on track, high texture quality like in GT5 photo mode, high res shadow and reflection maps.
I think its early to speculate but may be 200,000 poly cars + 16 cars on track is too much for the PS3, even for PD.