Depression and Anxiety Thread

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 2,115 comments
I think this is referring to me talking about a "'real' psychiatrist"?

Yes and no, I made a general statement about where to get meds, however it sounds like you went to a psychologist and not a psychiatrist. Sometimes that can be a very good form of treatment, as long as you are under the care of the psychologist the psychiatrist does not counsel you, just writes the script.

Hope that makes sense, and all the best to you 👍

No matter what positives you always doing, people will always seeks the negative because they'll want you to die anyways.

Whatever. I dont care. Whenever i live ot not makes no difference for the world anyways.

That does not sound very good, don't you want to live a happy life? Who cares what others might think.

It is something many of us do, worry too much about how we are perceived.

Bah. Today's one of those really awful days. One of those that make me believe there's nowhere I belong and that I, as both a human being (= biologically) and as a person (=socially), am broken with no fix in sight. To make matters worse, the next two weeks are filled in by four exams - hell, I don't even care about how well I'll do, all I want to do is pass.
I really wish I wouldn't have to keep supporting myself like some sort of perpetuum mobile. It only works for so long until one knows they're only fooling themselves (I was never able to pull it off to begin with). Apart from my family, that's very kind but sadly also very ignorant when it comes to mental health issues, I only have about two people I can really talk to, and even those conversations are quite limited. I can't open to both of them - well, I could, but I don't. I fear that while their lives are fantastic respectively going belly up as well, they can't be bothered to listen to my issues and will eventually drop me as well, leaving me even lonlier than I was to begin with (the fact that I am very nervous even when sending messages and that I can only communicate to both via messengers [one is a classmate who has moved places just like I did, but to a different city; the other person is somebody I've met on Reddit and we've never even seen one another] makes cutting ties with me a piece of cake, really).
What bothers me more is that there are quite a few people that expect me to do them favors. I don't mind, but I just know they're going to drop me like a hot potato the moment I deliver my piece of work. It's just infuriating that for almost everybody, I'm of no value despite for when work needs to be done. It does not only hurt me, but I'm sure it's why I am convinced that I don't have anything to bring to the table when socializing with others, apart from happily agreeing to do everything for everybody. It's been that way for years, in case you're wondering how this could possibly affect me in such short time periods.

I'm sorry folks ... I just needed to vent for a bit. I can't even study properly because my thoughts are only focussed on what a pathetic person I am with the occasional thought of death.

It does not only hurt me, but I'm sure it's why I am convinced that I don't have anything to bring to the table when socializing with others, apart from happily agreeing to do everything for everybody.

That's rough. The only real way I've ever found is to do something for myself, by myself that makes me feel good about me. Of course, depression makes that somewhere between really hard and impossible.

But if you can find something...

The hell with everyone else and what they think of you. If you feel OK about yourself, then it matters less what others think. I'm aware that it's one thing to say that and another entirely to action it, but it's a start I suppose.

What are your exams for? Is it something exciting and interesting that you can at least look forward to being qualified in?

Have to take a moment here. It's not strictly related to depression and anxiety, but I feel like there is some mental aspect or something. I dunno. So, I just lost my job. I'm trying to find a new ine as quickly as possible, have resumes and cover letters for 2 businesses up in the Twin Cities. I currently live at home with my parents and sister.

I haven't told my parents because I'm absolutely terrified of their response. I'm scared they will start shouting at me. I already know that I'm usless and trash and that I am a constant embarrassment to them, and that I waste their money and their time and space.

Being yelled at by them has gotten me to the point, where I flinch at loud noises and people talking loud because I don't know when they'll start to yell. I spend a lot of time apologizing to people to try and defuse any bad situation or something.

@nascarfan1400 and I were talking tonight, and they sent a message, and I immediately started sayibg sorry, because I was scared that I was making them angry.

Talking online to anyone is tough, because you can't see their face or emotions to know when to get away or when they'll freak out at you. It's just as tough when people are able to hide their emotions, because you never know when they'll go.

I dunno.

I'm super super sorry about wasting everyone's time. Please don't get angry at me. I'm sorry for everything

Have to take a moment here. It's not strictly related to depression and anxiety, but I feel like there is some mental aspect or something. I dunno. So, I just lost my job. I'm trying to find a new ine as quickly as possible, have resumes and cover letters for 2 businesses up in the Twin Cities. I currently live at home with my parents and sister.

I haven't told my parents because I'm absolutely terrified of their response. I'm scared they will start shouting at me. I already know that I'm usless and trash and that I am a constant embarrassment to them, and that I waste their money and their time and space.

Being yelled at by them has gotten me to the point, where I flinch at loud noises and people talking loud because I don't know when they'll start to yell. I spend a lot of time apologizing to people to try and defuse any bad situation or something.

@nascarfan1400 and I were talking tonight, and they sent a message, and I immediately started sayibg sorry, because I was scared that I was making them angry.

Talking online to anyone is tough, because you can't see their face or emotions to know when to get away or when they'll freak out at you. It's just as tough when people are able to hide their emotions, because you never know when they'll go.

I dunno.

Damn. It sounds like you're Cinderella being locked in the basement, being told that she's ugly and useless and awful.

You're not. You had a job, you lost it. No worries, it happens. It's tough for people in even the best frame of mind. It makes you doubt your own worth. But you're doing well, you're looking for new jobs and it sounds like you're in control. Frankly, good on you. You handled it better than I did last time I lost my job.

If your parents and sister would make you feel bad about that instead of supporting you and helping you through what is a rough time for anyone, you might want to think about changing your life so that they're not such a central part. If you can. I don't know if you've ever had a pet, but if you yell at them and beat them enough then any animal will eventually turn into a quivering wreck. You're doing well holding it together in what sounds like a pretty tough environment.

You're OK. I don't see any reason to think that you're useless or trash or an embarrassment. Don't listen to people that tell you otherwise. You shouldn't have to fear people just for telling the truth about what's going on in your life.

I'm super super sorry about wasting everyone's time. Please don't get angry at me. I'm sorry for everything

Please don't be sorry for sharing your problems. We will never be angry at you for talking about what's going on. I hope typing it made you feel at least a little better.

If you'd like to PM me and tell me more about what's going on I'm happy to listen. Sometimes it's good just to talk to someone else, even someone who doesn't know who you are.

And here:

cat_cuddle.jpg

Sometimes everyone needs a kitty cuddle. So soft and snuggly.

That's rough. The only real way I've ever found is to do something for myself, by myself that makes me feel good about me.
I think I have two coping mechanisms. For one, I currently go to the gym. As weird as that may sound (social anxiety and all that), but it's somewhat satisfying. Of course, it's better when you actually accomplish something and well - progress is somewhat limited at the moment. Still, I do enjoy that I can fully concentrate on what I'm doing and suppress my thoughts at least for a couple of hours a week. While it doesn't fill me with any positive thoughts, it keeps the negative ones on a relatively short leash.
On the other hand, there's also gaming - but then, that always raises concerns if I could spend my time by doing something more 'useful'. You know, the stigma that gaming has, that it is a non-social activity that doesn't teach anything that is of good use 'in the real world' (I mean hey, I'm sim-racing but there's not a chance in the world I'll visit a real track with a real car, let alone do this professionally). While some of those arguments aren't particularly true (especially the social aspect of it), it still feels odd to know that most people are out there, meeting new people, partying (hey I can't see the value in this either but it's more accepted from what I can see), doing the lot - while I, well I don't. Since it's hard to get those thoughts out of my head, but it's also nearly impossible to change where I currently stand,

What are your exams for? Is it something exciting and interesting that you can at least look forward to being qualified in?

Yeah, it sounds like a promising opportunity and I think this will be something I won't regret studying (I think it's called "Business Information Systems", that's at least what the online dictionary said). The problem is, these exams aren't particularly exciting because the contents just don't interest me and I can't see how they will be of any use in the future. There are two (out of six) that I actually look forward to because I might not fare too badly at those (and also because in my opinion, they'll be more useful in the future). The other four? Well, let's just hope I pass, that's all I need for now.

It is odd to read this because that's more or less what happened to me last night. One of the two friends tried to hold a friendly conversation with me, I didn't get what he meant, asked what he meant and while yes, there was some aggressivness on his part, I thought (and still do) that I'm the one at fault. Which I probably am, since everybody would've understood - everybody but me.
Conversing online is really tough, I definitely agree with you on that. It does pay off, though, at least in my opinion, because it even allows people like me to not feel completely excluded from society.

You don't have to be. We are here to listen and to help and I think everybody in this thread knows how helpful it can be to just write everything down that you're currently thinking of. Nobody will judge you because of your problems, but everybody will happily do their best to help you. :)

Bah. Today's one of those really awful days. One of those that make me believe there's nowhere I belong and that I, as both a human being (= biologically) and as a person (=socially), am broken with no fix in sight. To make matters worse, the next two weeks are filled in by four exams - hell, I don't even care about how well I'll do, all I want to do is pass.
I really wish I wouldn't have to keep supporting myself like some sort of perpetuum mobile. It only works for so long until one knows they're only fooling themselves (I was never able to pull it off to begin with). Apart from my family, that's very kind but sadly also very ignorant when it comes to mental health issues, I only have about two people I can really talk to, and even those conversations are quite limited. I can't open to both of them - well, I could, but I don't. I fear that while their lives are fantastic respectively going belly up as well, they can't be bothered to listen to my issues and will eventually drop me as well, leaving me even lonlier than I was to begin with (the fact that I am very nervous even when sending messages and that I can only communicate to both via messengers [one is a classmate who has moved places just like I did, but to a different city; the other person is somebody I've met on Reddit and we've never even seen one another] makes cutting ties with me a piece of cake, really).
What bothers me more is that there are quite a few people that expect me to do them favors. I don't mind, but I just know they're going to drop me like a hot potato the moment I deliver my piece of work. It's just infuriating that for almost everybody, I'm of no value despite for when work needs to be done. It does not only hurt me, but I'm sure it's why I am convinced that I don't have anything to bring to the table when socializing with others, apart from happily agreeing to do everything for everybody. It's been that way for years, in case you're wondering how this could possibly affect me in such short time periods.

I'm sorry folks ... I just needed to vent for a bit. I can't even study properly because my thoughts are only focussed on what a pathetic person I am with the occasional thought of death.
Concentrate on the exams if you can, do as well as you can as it is a regret that can eat away at you if you don't.

Saw an advert on YouTube of this person today and his videos seem to be really good, this one might help.

Going by my personal experience, only help people that really need your help. Not people who are just using you and you know they can do it themselves. Be smart by playing dumb. Don't be emotionally blackmailed into doing something you don't want to do, stand your ground. Don't waste time on people who just use you. You have time on your side. Does place where you study have societies and stuff, maybe something like a karting society if racing is an interest so might help you find more like minded people?

You don't realise what you have until it's gone so make the most of opportunities you have now. Feel positive about yourself, I know you are good at sim driving for example. Don't feel pathetic as it does not get you anywhere except reaching new lows, I know this from personal experience.

I dunno.

You should try and talk to your parents about how they make you feel if you haven't already and then tell them about your current situation. They may understand and stop shouting at you. Don't feel like you currently do, it's a damaging method of control by people who are making you feel like that. I know from experience it is hard to deal with especially coming from own family members. It's them that are creating problems and letting them know that can be difficult but best in the long run. They will likely use the destruction they are causing in your life against you so it is a vicious cycle that sooner you stand up to and stop, the better your life will be.

Deep down you know you are not useless but made to feel like that by people close and that is damaging on personal life goals. Feeling of low self-worth does not do anyone any favours but an easy trap to fall into and lowers control and hope in one's life.

I know that feeling of being constantly shouted at and flinching in advance as sort of way to protect yourself, sort of makes you become more and more a passive person and it can be hard to block out even if you go away from people causing issues in your life as you are left traumatised that even on the phone they can leave a negative impact on you and the way you approach things. Only once you address the root cause can things start really getting better, it works from personal experience. I left it way too long though but still sooner rather than later is better.

Don't feel sorry for things you really shouldn't be sorry about. By the sound of things, some people close to you need to apologise to you. Can be hard to change mindset after getting into a set way of dealing with things but if you feel you are being unfairly treated, make sure they know that and they apologise rather than you. Don't be the person who is unintentionally fuelling someone's bad side and becoming a victim of that, years can go by really quickly with things only getting worse if not addressed.

I haven't really felt depressed the last days, at least I can't remember that I felt depressed. I guess that actually should be something positive, but seeing how I did nothing I haven't done for years and right now actually have some of my worst times, I started asking myself if I just literally have "0 🤬 left to give" and finally reached a point in my life were even depressions can't get through to me anymore, if that's even possible.

I'm super super sorry about wasting everyone's time.
I don't think that's really possible. You're not forcing anybody to read your, or other, comments. We all have to decide for ourselves if we take the time and read a longer comment or not. If someone decides to read a longer comment they're aware that it will take it's time to do so :)

Last edited:
Depression is hitting me really hard right now, sometimes I just can't find the strength to suppress my feelings any longer and it all spills over like an erupting volcano. And like a volcano it is quite devastating.

Guess I'll have to switch to complete lethargy mode for a while and sit this one out. I'll do extra time at work and increase my workouts to try to block it all out through distraction. What if I simply do not have the time to be depressed?

Reading this thread makes me feel guilty but also sad about what others experience. As a person who got bullied by students, got hated by plenty of people, got physical abused by other students and sometimes even from some of my family. A person who lost almost every friend and no longer talk to his (my) only remaining friend that much and struggles to find any new friends at school or on internet, feeling disconnected from others. I feel somehow guilty for feeling a bit depressed when i hear you guys and especially when i look at places filled with ongoing wars or poverty. Doesn't help that i actually got people replying to me about why i'm b:censored:ing about my problems when some people have far worse life's. (Looking at these posts, turns out i'm not the only one who felt guilty about that. At least i'm not alone).

Life used to be much better when i was at 5th grade and before. The moment i reached 6th grade and a riot/uprising provoke over here, things started going south. Of course there were some up points between that and now but still from that point on, problems started to occur for me. Student started spreading fake rumors about me and started bullying me, people started fighting over their religion believes, note that i'm not trying to insert religion here but some students from other side of these believers happened to started attacking me. Some teachers were hostile towards me. Got involved in some fights ever then and now. I Lost most of my friends due to a simple misleading. Lost some family members over the years and some of my families started to get some diabetes & blood pressure effects. A thing that pissed me off back then was when i explained the reason behind not coming school due to spending my time at a funeral for my late aunt to students and guess what? they started to make fun of her. :grumpy: My brother got some slight DVT right now and i haven't seen him for some time. :nervous:
Apart from School, i spend most of my time at home alone (Not pun intended) with no one to hang out or talk with. I started to spend much more time on GTPlanet and some other places because i didn't wanted to feel alone and simply make some friends. Unfortunately that didn't work because i felt out of place and i made some pretty stupid mistakes in the past. I tried to get together with someone locally including at school but that didn't work ether because my interest were far away from their's and thanks to those fake rumors that got spread all the way to this day, making people who's first time meeting me hate me immediately.

I don't see my parents often apart from morning, launch and night time when they about to go sleep due to occasion visits to my brother at hospital and me spending half of my day at school. There were times where i got blamed for some actions and even threatened to be getting hurt, some of which indeed happened. I don't want to go further about my family because i find it to be a bit more private thing, probably it's just my culture who view things like privacy differently but almost my entire family group'd up against me for some small things at some point in my life. Another thing is that i was complaining several times about having no friends to my dad and he respond by "Oh don't worry, just wait until University and maybe you would have friends and even a girlfriend". He doesn't seems to care about that and just give any answers to go "oh it's not that bad" instead of actually helping me. Remember how some people say why i'm feeling bad and starts complaining about what i'm saying? He along with one of my second brother are one of those people. I mean like University? the time where it would gone worse for me since i don't like spending my entire day studying for something. I'm already started panicking about some of my classes especially maths and some Business subjects..etc. My dad was also angry at me last Monday for not getting the results he wished for even thought i improved myself over the last few grades. That's School, not sure about you guys but i always assume University is way harder than School. That and i doubt i'll have friends any time soon. I always tell him about students annoying me and he says "Oh ignore them, they will stop and move on" which's a total BS IMO because i still have this thing going on from 6th all the way to now, it's 12th Grade now! I spend most of my time quiet yet they (Students) somehow stayed the same and never grew up. The School doesn't give a s:censored: about me and just starts blaming me when a fight broke out between me and some group. I no longer have friends at school yet when i used to have them, they didn't give a s:censored: when i got involved in that ether.

To be honest, the only thing is worth mentioning here is all i wanted is someone to relax with and have fun especially when i have some problems or have some hard times. I keep asking why no one wants me? I keep saying why everyone else i see seems to have friends while i'm not? especially at school? Why they seems to have fun while i'm not? Why my family always request my help at everything yet they get angry and starts shouting at me for simply not knowing how to do it? Why students make fun of my mental condition? Why they like to harm me? Why no one is defending me at school? Where those friends who claimed that they will step up whatever i face problems? Why they left me alone? Why the students hate me? Why the people at the internet hate me for being different from them? Why some people wants me or my parents to die? What did i do wrong for these to happen? I just wanted some friends and a family that actually care about me.

Living alone isn't fun. Sure there's people who doesn't give a F:censored: about being alone but i can't. It hurts to experience that. I assumed that spending time at GTP might makes things better. I thought i'll be having fun here and feel a bit more happier. Yet i feel disconnected from everybody else, i feel like no one really cares. I'm just some random members who posts nonsense to them. This post is probably stupid nonsense to every one else. I just feel ignored over here. Already people don't want me in real life and now one of my daily sites i visits happens to be the same.

At least i want something like a bird, a dog or a cat, something to take care of as my pet. I think i better end this right here. I can't take this anymore, weekends isn't that fun anymore. Most of my day usually be anger, frustration, sadness or depression.

@ToyGTone I'm really sorry to hear what you're going through, but you do not need to feel guilty for having depression. It can hit anyone for any reason. Some can be born with a higher chance of having it, while others have a chemical imbalance with their brain, and for a large amount of sufferers it's the people around them who caused it. You don't have to be poor to be depressed when the richest person in the world could be isolated from everyone and struggle with a pain no one can understand. You don't have to be broken to be depressed when the most confident person in the world can be wearing just a mask. I want you to be ok, since a lot of us on this site like hearing from you.

Got confirmation today from another psychiatrist that the Lorazepam is the cause of all my suffering.

I have to gradually lower the dosage of the Lorazepam. I'll start tomorrow and more suffering is expected the next couple of months.

Everyday, having these feelings that I don't want this life anymore, that I want the suffering to stop. Today at the psychiatrist, I said that if my heart should suddenly stop (cardiac arrest), I wouldn't mind the idea at all.

Since the age of 14, my life started to become a mess with setbacks, depressions, having accomplished nothing at all.

Last edited:
Since the age of 14, my life started to become a mess with setbacks, depressions, having accomplished nothing at all.
Well, take comfort in the fact that you're not alone with this, 14 is pretty much the exact age where everything started to go downhill for me too. Thats when I, and my life, started to radically differ from the rest of my classmates and friends. Now I'm 28 and nothing has changed, my life is still falling apart but turns out you CAN get used to constant disappointments and failures. After a while you can get used to anything.

Dan
I want you to be ok, since a lot of us on this site like hearing from you.
Thanks, not sure if I remember this correctly but I believe that i posted on this thread a while ago. However I didn't get any replies so I wasn't sure if i should post here once again since I thought I will just end up posting nonsense from people point of view (much like the rest of the forum).
Was quite surprised when I saw you replying to me as well as other members caring about it. I love you guys :gtpflag:. For those who I had problems with in the past on GTP (and IRL), I hope you forgive me for what I have done. I'm a bit easy to get angry but thankfully this became less of a problem.

Thanks once again.

Got confirmation today from another psychiatrist that the Lorazepam is the cause of all my suffering.

I have to gradually lower the dosage of the Lorazepam. I'll start tomorrow and more suffering is expected the next couple of months.

Everyday, having these feelings that I don't want this life anymore, that I want the suffering to stop. Today at the psychiatrist, I said that if my heart should suddenly stop (cardio arrest), I wouldn't mind the idea at all.

Give yourself the chance to think stuff through without the current medication that is somehow impairing your judgement of reality. Taking psychiatric drugs is something not to be taken lightly and you have to consider that there's a point in which you're basically your own guinea pig because not everyone has the same response to the same medications, Lorazepam may not work for you but it could for me, Fluoxetine works great for me and it may not work for you either but maybe there's a drug that does. The delicate bit is that you're gonna go through the motions and feel in your own skin and braincells the effects of this medical experiment you're putting yourself through.

Is it worth it? Well, to me it has been but I've been lucky. Fluoxetine is a relatively mild antidepressant and, though I definitely feel it's effects, they're gradual and relatively mild as well. To me, it's like taking a pill for a stomach ache: it sets straight whatever is chemically/phisically/whateverscrewthisdiscussion upset in an organ of my body so I can keep using it properly. But you have to ask yourself the question, how much of the work to get through depression can be done through drugs and how much of it needs you to think about things and take decisions in your life? Drugs help, Fluoxetine for instance gives me a fair sense of calm and equanimity that allows me to think more clearly, but drugs alone won't get you out of the darkness.

There's no telling about your age but, honestly, if having accomplished nothing at all at certain age is somehow a source for your depression, you could and should get over that thought. There's not a measure for what is an accomplished man and what isn't, some people would say I've got plenty of accomplishments because I got into college, graduated highschool and have some friends while others would say I'm a failure because I haven't graduated yet, I'm mostly alone against my will and haven't finished learning a third language. Me? I don't give a 🤬. I live my life my way, I do as many things I want to do as I can and the ones I cannot are either left for the future or leave a lingering but tiny sense of frustration, but certainly not enough to paralyze my life. I live with a cousin, she is 15 years older than me and already has a masters degree, graduated with honours from college and speaks 5 languages. She accomplished everythign I have at an earlier age and with higher grades, but I don't give a 🤬. She wasn't given the same conditions in life, for better or for worse, than I was given. She's not happier or unhappier than me. She doesn't have a super awesome purple racecar. And, in a certain sense, she's somehow less intelligent than me.

Long story short: Be patient with drugs and be aware of their effects. Drugs can't do all the heavy lifting. Giving yourself too much stick is as bad or worse than giving yourself no stick at all.

Figure I come here to talk about what I'm struggling with.

Now I don't have any medical conditions involving depression as I suffer from anxiety and autism instead however my current state of mind has gotten me completely lost and somewhat depressed.

I simply feel like since school ended I have nowhere to go. Everyone is moving on with their lives going to Uni or TAFE, getting apprenticeships and even going on gap years. While I'm stuck here having 0 clue whatsoever on what to do, I'm absolutely terrified of driving a real car so me getting my license has never gotten passed the Learner's phase, the only skill I can recognize is drawing monsters, characters and race tracks which doesn't help me with getting a job. My Mum has gotten me in a program which helps develop work, social and life skills for people like me which I'm happy for and I am enjoying myself there, work skills every Wednesday, fitness and cooking every Thurdsday and Social activities every Friday but I've been having a back thought in my head that what if this fails me and I end up not learning everything, school never helped me out of this situation.

It has caused me to pick up Yugioh last year as a method of something to do and get dedicated in aside from Pokemon, Mario and Car racers. My Mum has supported me in this too as it gets me outside the house to go the card shop and compete in local tournaments and communicate but in the day I somewhat feel like I'm wasting my time and money despite my love of the game and getting some really great cards to make my deck compete.

It isn't really a problem with the people around me, everyone is fine, lovely and super supportive. The issue is that I lack any sort of confidence to meet their expectations and I'm lost in many ways to change that.

Figure I come here to talk about what I'm struggling with.
My Mum has gotten me in a program which helps develop work, social and life skills for people like me which I'm happy for and I am enjoying myself there, work skills every Wednesday, fitness and cooking every Thurdsday and Social activities every Friday but I've been having a back thought in my head that what if this fails me and I end up not learning everything, school never helped me out of this situation.

The good thing about programs like that is that generally they don't fail people. Unlike schools where the idea is to pump the students through at high speed, skills courses will keep teaching you until you learn. If you don't learn something well for whatever reason, they generally take it as a failure on their part to teach you correctly rather than a failure on your part.

It isn't really a problem with the people around me, everyone is fine, lovely and super supportive. The issue is that I lack any sort of confidence to meet their expectations and I'm lost in many ways to change that.

You're not there to meet people's expectations. It's great that you have support, but it's totally fine if you're not as good as you feel they want you to be. It sounds like they'll understand.

It's not a medical experiment at all I'm putting myself through. It's (medication) done under constand watch of a doctor.

You misunderstood my point. Of course I presume that's the situation, it's also mine, I wasn't suggesting you were auto medicating or something like that but I realize now I could've tried to be a bit more clear.

Despite being a controlled procedure under constant watch of a medical professional, it's still a trial and error thing from what I've heard for the reasons I already explained. Some people take certain medication better than others, certain medication worsens the situation for some and improve it for others. In that sense, it is kind of an experiment finding what drug works fine for you. It's also an experiment in the sense that medication alone doesn't guarantee any improvements. My point was that you have to be patient with the process, understand what you're putting yourself through and try to work alongside the medication to improve your situation.

You know, the more you learn more about people, the more you realized only fraction of people can be true companions for you.

Also theres problems that cant be fixed due to other people perception, no matter what.

And sorry if I'm not an avid writer on this forum, though. Seems my passion is completely lost, hence im seems to not as communicative as several posts back in this thread.

I've learned about my self that cleaning and reorganizing things seems to help me get things off my mind and makes me feel not so depressed sometimes.

I've slowed down on my job search some. I think I was stressing my self too much.

Last edited:
I'm having a rough time, lately. I have a counselor now, but I'm all over the place.

I had a great weekend playing games with my little cousin. Now that it's time to catch up, and Monday's around the corner, I feel like garbage.

I'm tired of trying. I've put so much effort in lately and I feel like I've gotten nothing out of it. My life will never be as good as I was told it could be.

It's taking all my strength not to blow up and let all of my insecurities out. Even on GTP I feel like I have no value. I have nothing to contribute. I just want to feel like part of a community but I don't. I'm struggling to find any source of self esteem anymore.

Damn that Lorazepam stuff are addictive pills. You are allowed to reduce only 1mg in one month or the withdrawl symptoms are straight from hell.

In januari I reduced 4mg in 16 days. I didn't even feel my depression anymore, the withdrawl symptoms were that severe. And when they took my bloodpressure, it was always around 11.5 of 7.5, even if I was shaking and crying like I have never shaked and cried before. I stayed very calm though.

A question: Does isolation & loneliness contribute to depression? Because I thinking it might be one of the reasons for my problems.

Latest Posts

Back