• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 2,092 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
Hello, GTPlanet. Thank you for coming to this Rumble Strip topic.

Ladies and gentlemen, I don't think that any person might want to think about it, but I just want you to know about depression. GTP, some of you may remember my "Losing" topic in the Motorsports/Drifting and other Motorsports category. Part of why I came up with that topic is that sometimes, personal problems can come in our way of getting things done. You can get things done right, or can all hurt like spinning out on the Laguna Seca corkscrew. As I have said, I am very thankful to make forums topics and replies because I feel very comfortable online. I feel happy knowing that I made topics I know at least one person will at least glance over. I seen "Grand Canyon Sky Debate," "Americans Suck," and other idiotic or closed topics. Sometimes depressed people often fail to mix in with people, so they begin to be noticed and loved.

Now me, I known some ladies in my past. Among them, four or five have been some that I have wanted to one day marry and have children to continue the legacy of my family name. While I cannot have ANYTHING I want, I know that people need to be loved, otherwise, the following may result:

(1) continued sadness
(2) isolation from the outside world
(3) suicide (the worst result. No one wants that. No one REALLY wants that)

Believe it or not... I am a depression victim. Since 1997, I have attended high school, and I've seen more hell than Satan himself. I was a former student of Lamar University in Beaumont, Texas, USA. The problem was that I had trouble fitting in with the crowd in this small city. It could probably take 16 or 25 Beaumonts to beat Houston in terms of population or city size. So I began to feel depressed and disappointed. Then I decided I wanted to return to Houston. Since then, I never felt more at home.

Normally, there are drugs that help treat depression, but the real cure is to just keep trying in life. I hope someone who is looking up "depression help" on Yahoo or Google or something look at this forum thread. This is dedicated to show respect and sympathy for those who feel unloved and depressed. I put aside my street car and competition car knowledge to delve into a critical topic. If you know you have had tough times before, or if you are living them now, you have a home for this topic. There are several ten, maybe hundred-thousand people on GTPlanet, so I'm sure at least some person have felt hardship after hardship and dealt with them accordingly. In any event, all are welcome to this topic. I made my GTPlanet debut in this category with the thread entitled "My Debut." So I decided to come back to make a special thread. So, reply at will.

I'm depressed. I told this girl how I feel about her (I think I love her) Anyway. She shut me down. Not in a **** off kind of way but a nice gentle let down which eased the pain slightly. :( :( :( :( :( :(

Not to put down your experience DRIFT, but I think there is a distinction between feeling down about a rebuff, and clinical depression.

Clinical depression is no joke and squeezes out any enjoyment of life. Any passions one possessed previously simply don't interest the affected party anymore. I suggest that if one was truely depressed, that person would not be interested in girls at all.

Originally posted by Mike Rotch
Not to put down your experience DRIFT, but I think there is a distinction between feeling down about a rebuff, and clinical depression.

Clinical depression is no joke and squeezes out any enjoyment of life. Any passions one possessed previously simply don't interest the affected party anymore. I suggest that if one was truely depressed, that person would not be interested in girls at all.

true, but you still feel **** ethier way

You'd think that you're really depressed if you were in my situation

Sure, I am not in your shoes so i cant say what you are feeling.

I am just trying to point out that sometimes people say "Wah, I am depressed about the Bulls losing against the Celts", when really they have no concept of what real depression is.

that person would not be interested in girls at all.

That's the thing. I'm not interested in any girls but this one.

Good point too VIPERGTSR01

I think that there is a big difference between a game and Love

Originally posted by DRIFT4EVA
That's the thing. I'm not interested in any girls but this one.

Thats called love (or puppy-love; i dont know the situation) and is not the same as:

that person would not be interested in girls at all.

i go on long streaks of depresson everytime i get dumped.....and its just getting worse.......god forbid my lady leaves me:( i mean i eventually get over it....but its become soo bad lately that the only way for me to get over it is by finding another girl...and thats not all that easy....im effin weird

OK. You got me there. Still it's frustrating not being able to take my relationship/friendship with this girl to a higher stage

hmmm...well you gotta slowly talk about new things with her...just bring new stuff up everyday....stuff like that.....thats hows i do it.......(woohoo 500th post BTW)

Originally posted by F.Zamataki
hmmm...well you gotta slowly talk about new things with her...just bring new stuff up everyday....stuff like that.....thats hows i do it.......(woohoo 500th post BTW)

I'll give it a try. Maybe it was best that I didn't tell her how I feel about her. It was Valentines day when I told her though. I just wish that I could sit her down. Just me and her and then get to talking. But... that's near impossible

I'm depressed. I told this girl how I feel about her (I think I love her) Anyway. She shut me down. Not in a **** off kind of way but a nice gentle let down which eased the pain slightly. :( :( :( :( :( :(
I feel sorry for you man, but that's just how its gonna have to be. Don't bother trying to persuade her, it'll only make it harder for you to get over her.

But I get the feeling that she is holding some info back from me. Mainly because of friends I think. You're right though. It will be impossible to get over her. Believe me She's 1 in a Trillion

The only thing that sort of takes my mind off her is Beer. But I don't want to have to rely on that to get rid of troubles

I don't want to sound like a prick but there really isnt a whole lot you can do (aside from pissing away you troubles). I remember the first and last long term realationship I had, I felt so bad for like 3 weeks. Fortunately I havent had a painful break-up since.

But I get the feeling that she is holding some info back from me. Mainly because of friends I think. You're right though. It will be impossible to get over her. Believe me She's 1 in a Trillion

yeah man....only one of her will ever exist....and you want it..........you feel like shes holding back info.....maybe its stuff ud rather not know and shes not telling you cos she simply cares. ive been through this too man....and in the end i realised a freindship was just what suited us better.. you just gotta take what you have with her and make it the best you can. good luck

Originally posted by F.Zamataki
yeah man....only one of her will ever exist....and you want it..........you feel like shes holding back info.....maybe its stuff ud rather not know and shes not telling you cos she simply cares. ive been through this too man....and in the end i realised a freindship was just what suited us better.. you just gotta take what you have with her and make it the best you can. good luck

You do know what I'm going through here. It makes it easier to relate

you just gotta take what you have with her and make it the best you can. I intend on doing that. If I can't be with her in a relationship, then I'll be with her in the best damn friendship ever.

It won't be easy, I know that. I won't be able to play the role of her knight in shinning armour.

Thanx. I'll need the luck

I'm depressed because I'm starting to think I got into a program of study that I shouldn't have chosen. Don't get me wrong, Information Technology IS what I wanted...but Information Technology Management isn't exactly my thing. Accounting especially - god damn I hope I pass the course this time around. I stand the risk of getting suspended :(.

The biggest reason I have for staying is that I'll be in a position of more power with my first job out of school, and the fact that there's better money as an IT Manager or a CIO than there is as simply being a techie. Both are interesting but...I'll be damned if I could ever enjoy accounting and financial studies

Sometimes I feel like I have depression enough I should take some kind of medication but after hearing what it's like for people that really have depression and I can't say I'm "that bad" or in that bad of a situation. I believe that management of some kind is the best way to get over it and I feel like self esteem plays a role in depression as well.

most of you guys sound like your just really sad over somthing such as girls.etc.... but I think what mike is trying to say is that real depression is when there is a chemical imbalance in the brain and you can feel very sad over nothing even, its actually very common, mabye some of you actually are and it just makes things feel worse?? also has anyone ever heard of an Anxiety disorder?? it too is just as common as depression

Originally posted by powripper
most of you guys sound like your just really sad over somthing such as girls.etc.... but I think what mike is trying to say is that real depression is when there is a chemical imbalance in the brain and you can feel very sad over nothing even, its actually very common, mabye some of you actually are and it just makes things feel worse?? also has anyone ever heard of an Anxiety disorder?? it too is just as common as depression

Yea, I heard of Anxiety Disorder. Although it isnt as serious as clinical depression - from a suicide p.o.v. - it is still a serious condition as I would estimate it seriously degrades ones quality of life.

Originally posted by powripper

I suffered Anxiety attacks on a regular basis for nearly two years. I was a bit of a wreck. You're right about the chemical imbalances. The number of times i heard that drove me crazy. BTW- anyone thinking about anti-depressants, only do it if you really think you need them. They aren't always the answer.

I would recommend anyone that feels down or depressed on a regular basis talk to someone about it. I wouldn't suggest some random person. Especially some from your school that you don't really know.

If you really like a girl ask her out when you first get to like her. The longer you leave it the more you'll think she is perfect and you'll feel like you just have to have her. I think if it gets to that stage it's unhealthy. Getting nuts over someone you don't really know isn't a wise thing to do.

Originally posted by cpl_richie

If you really like a girl ask her out when you first get to like her. The longer you leave it the more you'll think she is perfect and you'll feel like you just have to have her. I think if it gets to that stage it's unhealthy. Getting nuts over someone you don't really know isn't a wise thing to do.

Excellent advice. 👍

Originally posted by cpl_richie

I did ask her out. I think it's unhealthy when you jump in your car, drive to where she is and then pull out some binoculars. That's unhealthy.

In order to be classified for undergoing "Depression", you must recieve a full body check-up, to see if there are chemical imbalances in the body.

Sure... You guys say you get 'depressed' over girls... but you can get over it quickly. There is NO chemical imbalance in a person once they get rejected by someone (unless you're weird); only pity for oneself. What I suggest to anyone that's not under depression but yet still feels horrible; just go out and hang around your friends. Do things you like to take it off your mind. If that doesn't help, physical excercise and fatigue always help me.

Edit: I just basically capped up what everyone said.. to those that didn't understand it.

Back