Derren Brown got it wrong... and I found it 🤬 hilarious!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aldo
  • 8 comments
  • 3,687 views
Messages
5,493
Australia
Melbourne, Living the dream
Messages
Aldo_GTP
He did it wrong :lol:
He was going to put £5k of some randomers money on one number for the roullette wheel and he was one number out. I laughed big time!!! :lol:
 
To be fair he wasn't far out :p

It did leave a hilariously awkward ending to the show, I'll admit that.
 
I think it was done intentionally. I think that having him get so close almost makes it more real than if he had nailed it first time. I don't think that's the last we'll hear of it.

I'm hoping that he was using genuine skill to predict where the ball was going to land. The most interesting part of the show was when he hypnotised the guy and took his money. If that was real then it's truly amazing.
 
I think it was done intentionally. I think that having him get so close almost makes it more real than if he had nailed it first time. I don't think that's the last we'll hear of it.

I'm hoping that he was using genuine skill to predict where the ball was going to land. The most interesting part of the show was when he hypnotised the guy and took his money. If that was real then it's truly amazing.

I agree with the intentional ending, I'm sure we will hear more from Derren Brown about it all. However didn't you find it odd that their was nobody else in that square or cafe when he supposedly hypnotised that guy, I think that was staged.

Heck I've not enjoyed any of his recent stuff, I wish he'd just go back to his old ways and stop going on about these events. I'd rather see him using illusion and slight of hand tricks on-the-spot than watch an hour long explanation of a trick that lasts 5 seconds, with him constantly repeating that fact that it isn't stage and he hasn't met anyone, talked to or influenced them in any way.
 
If he'd got it right, people would have said it was staged. He got it wrong, just and people are still saying it's staged...

Incidentally, if he'd got it right, would that have made the also-live lottery prediction more or less plausible?
 
I think this goes to show the average iq of the doubting w.r.t Derren's recent casino stunt. It also shows that you would be prime examples of the people who CAN be hypnotised.

Was it a trick? Was it an illusion? Did he mean to fail? Was it a set-up casino? Did he really get it wrong? Without asking all the available questions, and merely going with the one that 'he failed', shows a certain trait in personality and character.

Maybe I can leave you with thinking - What would be the ramifications of getting this prediction right? The legalities? Just because he used someone elses money doesn't matter. What would have happened if he had put money on the lottery and got that right? Pulling the card you wrote your name on out of a rabbits arse simply doesn't have the same ramifications as 'apparently cheating' a multi-million pound/dollar/etc industry! Are you aware that illusionists and magicians both choose wrong answers sometimes for alternative means? Think about it.........

http://celebrity.aol.co.uk/2009/10/09/derren-s-bonkers-youtube-rant/
 
Last edited by a moderator:
A friend said to me it was meant to be that way.

His theory was that as 'Westwood' was wearing the number 31 on his shirt on his bit of the show and the ball landed in 31....
 
Incidentally, if he'd got it right, would that have made the also-live lottery prediction more or less plausible?

No one will ever know because he DIDN'T get it right. I didn't see the whole roulette thing but I have heard about it.
 
Back