I have been in contact with playstation.com support and it was such a bad experience

• Thread starter Barareklam
  • 12 comments
Sweden
Sweden, Gothenburg
Highlanderlast
I was just wondering how to send a bug report and reached out to playstation.com support and all I got was just a copy paste of standard procedures where I need to reinstall my PS, rebuild database and so on.
Support really didn't want to listen what I wanted to say and try to see the problem, they just took for granted that it's fault on my PS, regardless my attempt to emphasise that I read about same problem rapported from others as well..

It just happens that I work in IT company and get reports from time to time and first thing I do is to actually try to recreate same behaviour to really see what is wrong and really do something about it to solve it...
I got so disappointed with this inhuman response...

This was what I wanted to tell them..
Can someone else please confirm or deny issue before I consider to really reinstall everything, rebuild database and so on..

Big Thanks in advance to you who want to test if you get same problem!

It just happens that I work in IT company and get reports from time to time and first thing I do is to actually try to recreate same behaviour to really see what is wrong and really do something about it to solve it...
Since you work in IT (as do I) you must know that a majority of issues aren't actually issues and can be easily solved by simply "turning it off and on again". Playstation customer support likely gets thousands of tickets or whatever they call them submitted every single day and they probably don't have the staff to deal with all of them. There's likely an algorithm that looks for certain words or phrases that are linked to a database where a common solution is sent out. Or there are people reading the ticket, looking through the database, then sending on something based on whatever it recommends.

I'm sure there's some sort of analytical software that can determine whether or not there is a major problem based on the number of tickets submitted. If yours is the only ticket submitted on the issue, you can expect a canned response. If hundreds of people report the same thing, it likely notifies Tier 2 support to investigate the problem further.

It's going to be very rare that a company spends time and money attempting to recreate an issue for one person. I don't even bother to attempt to recreate an issue unless I get multiple reports of it. Typically I just send the person a standard troubleshooting guide and asked them if any of the steps worked. Nine times out of ten, they do. For that one out of ten times they don't, then I investigate it more.

However, it looks like @Famine explained to you why the steering was the way it was.

Customer support for masses like here usually dont have any time to try troubleshooting outside of their textbook.
They generally have a set of questions related to any expected error and if nothing is of help, there is a default method: power cycling everything and deleting cache files.

You will find this on any tech support.

How does one contact Sony Customer Support? Do they even have customer support?
I always end up in a loop on the stupid support websites. Contact us just goes back to more useless links.
See no bugs, hear of no bugs, fix no bugs.

I always end up in a loop on the stupid support websites. Contact us just goes back to more useless links.
It can be gruelling and take some googling but you should be able to dig out a support email address if you look hard enough.

help@uk.playstation.com works here for example.

They definitely would prefer you don't talk to them.

As others have noted, they don't really. have the time for this at the first level. Your next step is to respond and advise that you've tried all the steps provided but it's still not working and go from there. It can be like pulling teeth though, you should get a result in the end if you're persistent enough but remain polite.

I spoke to them on the phone once - someone hijacked my account & locked me out, Sony got the account back & reversed everything they'd done in less than 10 minutes. I was very happy!

Thanks for your replies guys. Sorry that I was complaining. I am new to this world and learning. I just took for granted that in a racing game "the real driving simulator" with 25 years anniversary, steering is kinda very important to work properly, to race properly, but hey, I am also learning that some things are just promised and they don't work and fixing them is not a priority at all. I actually bought this game to race with girlfriend at home on split screen. That don't work for player two, P2 assists are on and can't be turned off. In every single update "known issues" they just write "we plan to fix it in an update".
Anyhow... I was just saying... And I am pretty surprised that this game is "great But" I do love the game, I play it more or less daily, but... There are things that are just.. At least for me.. Not so good, and it looks like never gonna be fixed...

I will continue practice more and finding solution that might work for me.

(If I knew how to remove one thread here I would so I don't bother some people.)

Thanks for your replies guys. Sorry that I was complaining. I am new to this world and learning. I just took for granted that in a racing game "the real driving simulator" with 25 years anniversary, steering is kinda very important to work properly, to race properly, but hey, I am also learning that some things are just promised and they don't work and fixing them is not a priority at all. I actually bought this game to race with girlfriend at home on split screen. That don't work for player two, P2 assists are on and can't be turned off. In every single update "known issues" they just write "we plan to fix it in an update".
Anyhow... I was just saying... And I am pretty surprised that this game is "great But" I do love the game, I play it more or less daily, but... There are things that are just.. At least for me.. Not so good, and it looks like never gonna be fixed...

I will continue practice more and finding solution that might work for me.

(If I knew how to remove one thread here I would so I don't bother some people.)
You don't need to apologize. It's 2022 and very easy to assume that one of the flagship studio's for Sony would have basic support functions, but sadly you're on your own with PD. One-man indy game devs have better bug support than PD. They don't listen to people, they don't care that their game is broken and unfinished as it is going to sell millions of copies on nostalgia and PS5 bundles alone.

I spoke to them on the phone once - someone hijacked my account & locked me out, Sony got the account back & reversed everything they'd done in less than 10 minutes. I was very happy!
I did get a refund for GTS once after talking to support. I bought the game again by mistake lol. But for other issues I have no clue how to contact support.

When I needed the ps camera converter plug thingie for PSVR the website wouldn't accept Canadian postal codes (probably still doesn't). After half a year waiting for it to get fixed I tried contacting support. Eventually I got a human on the line from their TV department... They couldn't transfer me to anyone useful, said they would make a note of the broken request form, months later still wouldn't accept letters. (Just enter a US postal code and put the actual postal code in the delivery instructions, worked)

And indeed it's 2022, what game doesn't piggy back error reports, GT7! Here's a useless error code you can't find any info for online.
Errors.jpg
That's from one day, every other race, error. GT7 is by far the buggiest game I have ever played. (I have not played CP2077 lol)

FS2020 has Zendesk where you can submit bug reports, which then get set as resolved and it still doesn't work :lol: Once they have your money....

Back