Design an F1 track competition-New LONG round up!

• Thread starter waggles
  • 224 comments
snrsgtmol
They're for idiots.
I have no idea where to put this, so I put it here. Feel free to move where required.

Basically, design an F1 track. You also need to define track length (show the length of the straight on the map too), and therefore number of laps under the 305km rule.

I will make this a full-blown competition, where we vote on favourite tracks.

First round has no restrictions-next few rounds might have a couple of lines to start with.

Go!

World Championship Current Standings:
Touring Mars-31 pts
Stevisiov-17 pts
Zed300-15 pts
The Cracker-11 pts
Senamic-10 pts
Peterram430-8 pts
Not Applicable-6 pts
Napoleonmikey-6 pts
8OY 2C2-5 pts

Last edited:
What's needed is identical scale plans of all the real tracks so those of us that can't draw on a PC can show our track plans.

MS Paint baby, my entry coming soon:tup:

Sweet! I might as well submit something here, since the only thing I really am skilled at with MS Paint is the good old line drawing...of circuits themselves. :)👍

Awesome Waggles:tup: I've been doodling race tracks for years, I will post one soon.

Yay I made history. this track has alot of ups and downs.

racetrack.jpg

In Hindsight, it is a bit long....but I'd drive it in an F1 anyways

I can't see this being more than a 40-45 lap race, although I don't have the exact measurements of the track.

Last edited:
Anyone know a decent program I can use online? All I have is MS Paint, and the only think I can use is the pad on my laptop becase my mouse has gone UA.

Here's mine, I personally think that it looks a bit short given the scale, but the corners don't seem half bad.

Circuit.jpg

Also, is it possible to enter more than one circuit?

marsring2.jpg

It's a rather whopping 6.8 km long, so only 45 laps. Unfortunately, the circuit lies atleast 35 million miles from the nearest circuit, and it would take atleast 2 years to get there (and another two to get back)... however, Bernie's expansion plans know no bounds, so you never know...

Update: GTP Ring v1.0

gtpringa.jpg

Length: 4.2 km; 72 lap race

Last edited:
Mars ring? Isn't that a Scottish deep fried delicacy?

(And by delicacy, I mean 3 weeks of constipation)

I've just had an idea for a later competition-design a track based on an area of road in Google Maps?

Is that interesting?

Hyperbolic Paraboloid Ring (spelt wrong in my image) is my entry. The 2d plane on which it is drawn doesn't do the elevation changes justice.

hyperbolic paraboloid ring.JPG

Its probably just what Bernie is looking for.

Okay then, here is the image for Bernie and Max:

Circuit.jpg

And the simplified map:

Circuit2.jpg

The track is quite long, about 7km. Hope you like it!

Really? I just wacked that up in about 10 minutes, with the focus being on realism. But with 16 corners...

Looking back at it, it is a bit Bahrain. A bit Catalunya as well, with elements of various other tracks. Dunno just made some lines and joined them with corners! Now I know how Tilke works!

Unfortunately, the circuit lies atleast 35 million miles from the nearest circuit, and it would take atleast 2 years to get there (and another two to get back)...

I’m more curious about how you propose to run an internal combustion engine in the Martian atmosphere.

Where there is Bernie & Max getting interested in a prospect, the teams will have to find a way!

Back