Development on the Next Forza Motorsport Game Enters Second Sprint

Why would we need a dyno? When building your car, you get full HP / Torque curves for your car? That's what a dyno does, it makes those graphs. We already get them.

What is this "shop" going to do?

Exactly what the name implies. The bigger the shop the more cars it can hold and better equipment and staff will be available. It would also provide a nice background for the menus.

How would you make it do more things for you? Do you want the game to build and tune your cars for you?

Actually said feature would make the game do less for you. I'm not sure if you've played it, but Dirt 4 is pretty close to what I'm wanting as a base.

I just don't see what this would add to Motorsports? Please elaborate on what you feel the purpose / intent / value this would add to Motorsports.

It would add a whole new aspect to the game. Now instead of buying a 20 year old car that somehow has factory new parts, you get a 20 year old car that needs some work in order to get it up to where it should be. Not to mention having to manage things like tires and damage from race to race.

I'm more of a just hop in something and race kind of player.

I certainly think it should be an optional thing, but for people like me that really enjoy other aspects of racing apart from the actual racing it would add a whole new aspect to the game.

Why would we need a dyno? When building your car, you get full HP / Torque curves for your car? That's what a dyno does, it makes those graphs. We already get them.
Why would you need pictures of the cars or to see them at all? You already know what it looks like.

We don’t have a dunk. We have numbers. It’s jot about what it achieves, or making that any different. It’s about adding s level of aesthetic and realism to a game that you your self are asking to focus on realism. Your argument makes little sense with the points you’re using to arguing against it.

Either way, this can very much be something that is optional and wouldn’t interrupt you at all

I don't think you really understood what he was getting at.

Upgrading your shop facilites with better equipment, staff and technology is pretty common in series/discipline-focused games so it wouldn't really be out of place in a Forza Motorsport title. Granted it really hasn't been tried with a sandbox style career mode, but if done right it could be fantastic.

Yes thank you. As a racing team grows, the team shop grows, staff increases, numbers of cars, trailers, and sponsors increases. That's real racing, not just fantasy Horizon. It's just another added dimension to the on track stuff.

Even games like Call of Duty and Assassins Creed take 3 years per game these days, with the increased asset fidelity and scope I expect the dev cycles to further increase next gen
I think machine learning will help the process of developing tracks and other objects. Asobo is using AI and bing satellite data for Flight Sim 2019 to recreate the complete planet.

Obviously we don't know if and how Turn10 will/can use this technology. But Microsoft has made some incredible things with azure in the past few years and i wouldn't be suprised to hear Turn10 using azure to improve their development process or elements of the game.

I think machine learning will help the process of developing tracks and other objects. Asobo is using AI and bing satellite data for Flight Sim 2019 to recreate the complete planet.

Obviously we don't know if and how Turn10 will/can use this technology. But Microsoft has made some incredible things with azure in the past few years and i wouldn't be suprised to hear Turn10 using azure to improve their development process or elements of the game.
That certainly would be a very smart solution.

I hope the rumors of all cars being unlocked at the start aren't true. What's the point of a career mode or campaign if there isn't anything to gain out of it?

Back