DFGT Help?

• Thread starter Crook
  • 18 comments
United Kingdom
Coventry
XE_Crook
CrookZr
Can anyone with a DFGT come on for 5 mins in a game with me and help me out?I just got it today, and i'm really struggling.

Try a camaro on laguna seca on racing softs, doing a braking drift by slaming the brakes enabling ABS to kick in and slip you're car. Once you master that switch to Comfort hards and master the same technique. You will need to remember that the camaro has a lot of power so use an aggressive style.

Hope that helped so here are instructions

Track: laguna Seca
Car: chevy camaro 2010.
Technique: Braking drift>>>>>>> To initiate a braking drift set ABS to 1 and around 200 feet before a corner slam the brake and turn the wheel the direction of the corner, Once you feel the car loose control countersteer to a point that feels comfortable and put the accelerator at about 75% pressure. Upon exiting corner release gas and strighten wheel, Countersteer if required.

So like this

Step 1> Slam breaks and turn wheel into corner

Step 2> Countersteer once you loose traction

Step 3> Put accelerator at around 75% pressure

Step 4> Exit corner by releasing gas and strightening wheel.

Step 5> Succes! :sly:

There are other techniques like the power over, E-brake and the "Weight shift" and like most GT5 drifters, using comfort hards makes it so simply turning at high rev will spin you.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!! :dopey:

Honestly, your not going to do good in one day, If you do, your amazing. It's going to take a while before your able to drift how you'd like too. Just keep plugging away at it, and don't worry about spinning or crashing, its all a part of the learning curve.

Honestly, your not going to do good in one day, If you do, your amazing. It's going to take a while before your able to drift how you'd like too. Just keep plugging away at it, and don't worry about spinning or crashing, its all a part of the learning curve.

He is also right.. practice makes prefect.

but on GTP NEVER CALL YOUR SELF PERFECT :sly:

I taught my friend and the power over drift helped him alot since initiating the drift is hard for inexperienced drifters

Thanks for the help everyone :) The MS wheel is nothing like this wheel lmao, the DFGT is so much better.

Your welcome! What is the MS wheel? I have Logitech G27 :)
The MS wheel is a wheel for the Xbox 360, I used to play forza before I came over to here. It's very different to a G27 or DFGT, as it is only 110 degrees.

Crook
The MS wheel is a wheel for the Xbox 360, I used to play forza before I came over to here. It's very different to a G27 or DFGT, as it is only 110 degrees.

Oh icic does DFGT have 900 degrees too?

There you go:P
I'm a bit off with my judgement it seems. Thanks Fizzy, do you have a DFGT/mic?

Nope, got a not supported Thrustmaster RGT that works lol. Don't ask me why.
I can't map the buttons differently and my clutch and sequential shifter don't work, but the stuff you need to drive is good. haha.

It's kinda like the MS Wheel with much stronger FFB.

Try watching in-car videos of people drifting with real cars and look what they do with the wheel. It apparently helped Fadam quite a bit to get used to the 900 degrees of rotation.

Yeah Crook, I have the same problem, I could drift with the DS3, and now with the DFGT I couldn't do diddly!! But after some adjustments on the wheel (through the options) and alot of practice, I can now sort of drift...more like loose control with a little more class...keep going!!

Try a camaro on laguna seca on racing softs, doing a braking drift by slaming the brakes enabling ABS to kick in and slip you're car. Once you master that switch to Comfort hards and master the same technique. You will need to remember that the camaro has a lot of power so use an aggressive style.

Hope that helped so here are instructions

Track: laguna Seca
Car: chevy camaro 2010.
Technique: Braking drift>>>>>>> To initiate a braking drift set ABS to 1 and around 200 feet before a corner slam the brake and turn the wheel the direction of the corner, Once you feel the car loose control countersteer to a point that feels comfortable and put the accelerator at about 75% pressure. Upon exiting corner release gas and strighten wheel, Countersteer if required.

So like this

Step 1> Slam breaks and turn wheel into corner

Step 2> Countersteer once you loose traction

Step 3> Put accelerator at around 75% pressure

Step 4> Exit corner by releasing gas and strightening wheel.

Step 5> Succes! :sly:

There are other techniques like the power over, E-brake and the "Weight shift" and like most GT5 drifters, using comfort hards makes it so simply turning at high rev will spin you.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!! :dopey:

I won't suggest starting to drift on Racing Softs because they have the most grip in the game. I suggest starting with a more realistic Comfort Medium or Soft choice of tyres then slowly shift to Comfort Hard tyres.

I won't suggest starting to drift on Racing Softs because they have the most grip in the game. I suggest starting with a more realistic Comfort Medium or Soft choice of tyres then slowly shift to Comfort Hard tyres.

🤬 It, just get on CH and crash until your good. That's what I did :lol:

Back