DFGT owners

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT-H
  • 63 comments
  • 7,375 views
I'm hopeless at countersteering with the DFGT - i can usually correct little slides okay, but the big ones are very hard to countersteer, because its too hard to tell when the wheel is back in the 'straight ahead' position. :(

Really frustrating.

This is true. I had an old Driving Force before my DFGT, and it was actually a a lot easier :P

I like the full rotation on old cars and slower cars, but having to rotate the wheel more than 90-100 degrees to either side in an F1 car... really? It's a real shame we can't change this...
 
I'm hopeless at countersteering with the DFGT - i can usually correct little slides okay, but the big ones are very hard to countersteer, because its too hard to tell when the wheel is back in the 'straight ahead' position. :(

Really frustrating.

Give this a try (if you're not already doing it)...

Hold the wheel with your hands at the quarter to three position. Keep your hands fixed to the wheel as you turn. As your hands move past 6 o'clock take the bottom hand off the wheel, bring it up over the top hand, down the other side, take hold of the wheel at the same position you released it (although now with your arms crossed), and continue turning.

To straighten up, reverse the above.

How does that help you find the "straight ahead" position? Well, if your hands are at quarter to three (and your arms aren't crossed) then you're either pointing straight ahead, or you're in a very obvious tight turn.
 
Hold that baby tight! All there is too it.
 
Wheel is very good, for half the price.. I can use cluch in real world anyway. :)

and I read that DFGT wheel itself is better than G25, they created it based on what they learned with g25. But g27 is better then DFGT.

problem was the price for g27, and I read that GT5 dont support g25 and g27 well.. so that was another reason.. i would love to have a cluch.. but with no support that wheel is not for me.

Pity.. I cant change degrees.. but its possible with g25/27.. why so? I tryed to drift with 900 rotation.. after some 2 hours of practise I managed to do something at least, and I wached youtube people seem to learn to drift with DFGT, so I think I could do it also after some time. Pity, F1 driving will be something insane with DFGT wheel.. :(

You can´t change the steering angle from the G25/G27either, my friend 👍
Only wheel I know from being able to manage this, is the Fanatec GT2/3. There you can change it directly on the wheel. But also there you can override it, after hitting the max angle. It just doesn´t do anything more input-wise.
 
Back