DFGT owners

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT-H
  • 63 comments
  • 7,386 views
I had a similar problem when I used my wheel with GT4. All was fine until I was doing the Circuit de la Sarthe license test. The wheel started violently bucking from left to right. It was so bad I had to switch to the controller for that test. I haven't encountered the problem yet in GT5 but then again I haven't had much play time in fast cars.

I can confirm that the feeling I experienced with that one track/car combo in GT4 is nothing like the regular feeling that I get playing GT4 or GT5. It would be equivalent to driving 100mph over uneven cobblestone. The wheel bucks so violently back and forth that you simply cannot keep it straight, even with a two-hand iron grip. Sure you can try for a little while but after about 30 seconds your arms go numb or the clamps loosen and the wheel comes flying off of your table/stand.

It must be a certain command that is sent to the wheel that causes it (such as vibration=high). If you experience it, try disconnecting and reconnecting the wheel to force it to re-initialize. It could just be that it is out of alignment.
 
You should not have to hold on for dear life on the straights this is just really bad programming from polyphony.:crazy:


Have you ever driven in real life? I hope you don't ever end up having to barrel down a road at high speed, cause you will have to fight the wheel.
 
I've had my wheel for about 2 weeks now its really good . I have power steering on , simulation , force feedback 5 .

I've never had the problem of it not holding on the straights . unless I've caught the edge of the track then fish tale down the track .
 
I think it really depends on the car and/or the speed. The X1 can go insanely fast and once you hit a certain speed the wheel tries to simulate vibration and it goes ape****. I don't have an X1 so I can't verify if my DFGT does it. Like I said it hasn't happened to me yet in GT5 but I had it happen in GT4. When I switched to the controller the controller would simply vibrate as i went down the straight which is more manageable than trying to control a wheel that is violently jerking 20 degrees in either direction.
 
you just need to get use to it man

my daily driver has no power steering, so when i got my wheel it felt perfectly normal to me lol
 
Two observations:

1) Many people have observed that the DFGT seems to have a "sweet spot" in the Force Feedback setting, somewhere between 5 and 7. Outside of that range it can get unpredictably jerky or unresponsive.

2) Instability on high-speed straights can be caused by a ride height that's too low and/or a suspension that's too stiff, and GT5 correctly (and ruthlessly) simulates this. La Sarthe is particularly bad (they're public roads after all!). So if that's your main symptom, check your suspension settings before you blame the wheel.
 
Assuming that it's not a force feedback problem (personally I think it is), if customizable caster angle were implemented, straight line wheel stability could have been tuned to some extent.
 
I think it's just the way force feedback works with it and unfortunately it's not perfect. I brought the force feedback all the way down to 1 and it seems to work a lot better for me. It took me a few hours to get used to how the wheel drives, but I absolutely love it now :) I say give it a chance for a day or 2 and see how much better you are at it and start recording lap times from DS3 and steering wheel.
 
It really has to be mounted on something very sturdy. Once you do that and drive with 2 hands you'll be good to go.
 
Two observations:

1) Many people have observed that the DFGT seems to have a "sweet spot" in the Force Feedback setting, somewhere between 5 and 7. Outside of that range it can get unpredictably jerky or unresponsive.

2) Instability on high-speed straights can be caused by a ride height that's too low and/or a suspension that's too stiff, and GT5 correctly (and ruthlessly) simulates this. La Sarthe is particularly bad (they're public roads after all!). So if that's your main symptom, check your suspension settings before you blame the wheel.

This says it all. Don't blame the wheel. I got mine 3 days ago and I don't have this problem at all. I can (not that I would want/need too:crazy:) take my hands off the wheel on any car and it will go straight. I would say try tuning your car some to see if it helps. :)
 
I dont understand the problem everyone is having with the DFGT on straights. I dont have that problem at all. If i use any street car i can actually let the wheel go and the car stays straight as long as the car is perfectly straight before i let it go.
 
I've had my DFGT for months now but I just realized that it was set on FFB-5 and amateur style, switched to FFB-10, style Simulation. Going to do a 4 hr ring endurance to get used to it.
 
Set it to 10 and simulation.
Have a cup of concrete and harden up princess :p
 
Wow just did 5 laps with my ford GT LM specII with the 10/simulation setup and WOW! It feels so much better.
 
I drive one handed occasionally on a level 10 setting so I do not get what the fuss is about.
 
I've had my DFGT for months now but I just realized that it was set on FFB-5 and amateur style, switched to FFB-10, style Simulation. Going to do a 4 hr ring endurance to get used to it.

Just did the same thing. Wow didn't realize driving in this game could get MORE fun!
 
Amature and simulation is not an option on the DFGT. The wheel is not highlighted when you are on this setting. I noticed that on a straight away if you get the car perfectly straight you can let go of the wheel. If you feel any bit of FFB the wheel will go crazy. That is my experience.
 
Turn vibration off in the controller settings, your using a wheel, not a controller......

Simulation, Amateur & Professional DO NOT APPLY to the DFGT, if you look at the wheel above you will see the highlight change depending on what option you are in, the DFGT is only affected by Power Steering ON/OFF and the level of FFB from 1 to 10.

You just need to tweak the settings until you find one your comfortable with
 
HELP! please!

Im new with the DFGT wheel just buyed it, played for 1 hour. Force feedback in my opinion was to strong by default I set it to 2, its fine now.

but question is, How can I change 900' to 200' degrees? is it possible with DFGT? I checked all options and I cant find it. It would be very usefull for drift or Vettel challenge for me. Maybe the options are on the wheel... not sure! Thanks!
 
I also just got my dfgt a week ago, it can also help if tou have a dtraight surface, did it for me
 
but question is, How can I change 900' to 200' degrees? Is it possible..

PS, I dont know how, but I just tried Force feedback 10 and it was way easyer to me to steer.... dont understand 5 was too strong (probobly didnt used to the wheel, buyed it today) then set 2. it was fine.. and now 10 and its perfect.. lol weird.. anyway.. I need hepl with this:

but question is, How can I change 900' to 200' degrees? Is it possible.. I need it for vettel challenge, drift and Formula F1 driving.. with 900 degrees its way hard.. (drift will learn with 900*, but I just want to try it out with 200* could I beat my records on sreering wheel or im better with sixaxis with drifts) Thanks!
 
And. Little review of my DFGT. First impressions: was quite bad, wheel was a bit smaller then I was imagining it, and it drived ferocious... didnt understand why so strong feedback (I have a real car Honda Prelude '98 FF) so I know how to drive and how it feels, but this feedback was way to strong at the start.

Later: I used to it a bit, and the size was way better, it was like a little bit smaller then real rally car steering wheel and just about size of an F1 car wheel. The Force feedback is very good, i like to feel when gtrip goes to nowhere when I enter grass and return on tarmac, I can feel all bumps and literally point of wheels are directing very good feeling, its a very different game compered with my Sixaxis, lol.

Anyway I would like to know what difference does it make?

Steering type : Simulation (from what I understand, DFGT use simulation by default, this setting is avalible but can be used only by 3 other wheels (not DFGT)) I set it to "Simulation" anyway.

Power-Assisted Steering : its when im loosing control and wheel is pointning right direction automaticly and assisting me. Also this is the problem for the guys who have steering problems at the straight. my setting "off"

Feedback strenght: 1 - 10 , bigger the number harder the weel will rotate and giving more feedback directly from the wheels.. my setting now 5 (2 was too low, 10 maybe too high, and dont want to break my wheel, does it make many difference??)

Please tell me am I right or wrong at some points, As I sayd Im new with the wheel stuff and DFGT buyed today. And my english isnt perfect its only my third language I use.

Thanks for replies!
 
Do I have to start a new thread to hear some answers? realy? Are people checking only new threads in the forum? :(
 
You get what you pay for.

Buy a G27; Better FFB motors.

I don't know how people count out the clutch; The second I heard this game had a clutch, I was all over it.
 
but question is, How can I change 900' to 200' degrees? Is it possible..

PS, I dont know how, but I just tried Force feedback 10 and it was way easyer to me to steer.... dont understand 5 was too strong (probobly didnt used to the wheel, buyed it today) then set 2. it was fine.. and now 10 and its perfect.. lol weird.. anyway.. I need hepl with this:

but question is, How can I change 900' to 200' degrees? Is it possible.. I need it for vettel challenge, drift and Formula F1 driving.. with 900 degrees its way hard.. (drift will learn with 900*, but I just want to try it out with 200* could I beat my records on sreering wheel or im better with sixaxis with drifts) Thanks!

You can't change the degrees of steering on a DFGT wheel in GT5.
 
LFA
You get what you pay for.

Buy a G27; Better FFB motors.

I don't know how people count out the clutch; The second I heard this game had a clutch, I was all over it.

Wheel is very good, for half the price.. I can use cluch in real world anyway. :)

and I read that DFGT wheel itself is better than G25, they created it based on what they learned with g25. But g27 is better then DFGT.

problem was the price for g27, and I read that GT5 dont support g25 and g27 well.. so that was another reason.. i would love to have a cluch.. but with no support that wheel is not for me.

Pity.. I cant change degrees.. but its possible with g25/27.. why so? I tryed to drift with 900 rotation.. after some 2 hours of practise I managed to do something at least, and I wached youtube people seem to learn to drift with DFGT, so I think I could do it also after some time. Pity, F1 driving will be something insane with DFGT wheel.. :(
 
Yeah, the 900 degree of travel can be tough on some tracks (those hairpins at Eiger and Cote d'Azur) but I've learned to deal with it. I make up for it in other turns.
 
I'm hopeless at countersteering with the DFGT - i can usually correct little slides okay, but the big ones are very hard to countersteer, because its too hard to tell when the wheel is back in the 'straight ahead' position. :(

Really frustrating.
 
Back