DFGT Thrustmaster pedal mod !

Which parts are you confused by? There's two points I can throw out there in case they help...

1. DFGT's pots are facing in different directions, so as pedals are pressed one goes clockwise and the other anti-clockwise. If you imagine them facing them same way, the wiring makes more sense; reds and blacks are actually at the same ends.

2. Not sure for the DFGT or the 2-pedal TM specifically, but for G29 as you press the pedal the output moves towards 0V. For T300 it's the opposite, a more pressed pedal outputs a higher voltage. This means you might have to swap 5V and GRD, so red wires go where black wires were and vice-versa.

Or something else?

What are you using for the cable? The one from the DFGT or a chopped extension cable?

Personally I'd build an adapter, or failing that cut the RJ plug off and solder a DB9 in its place. Swapping the cable is fine too, but as you say, they don't make it easy with one using tags and the other solder!
Yes I'm using the old DFGT harness.

I guess what is confusing me is point 1 in your post.

In @YukinoSuzuka picture Everything looks right via the posts instructions, its just the pedals are opposite, the gas is on the left, mine is on the right. Should I just imagine the gas is on the right and go from there?

Last edited:
Yes I'm using the old DFGT harness.

I guess what is confusing me is point 1 in your post.

In @YukinoSuzuka picture Everything looks right via the posts instructions, its just the pedals are opposite, the gas is on the left, mine is on the right. Should I just imagine the gas is on the right and go from there?

OK, this is how to wire the DFGT cable to the TM pedals...

Thrustmaster_2-pedals_DFGT_cable.jpeg

(From looking at the pics, both DFGT and TM move the wiper towards the red end as you press, so no 5V/0V swap).

Last edited:
OK, I think it is either this OR this with all the reds and blacks swapped...

View attachment 637223

(From looking at the pics I think they both move the wiper towards the red end as you press, so no 5V/0V swap... unless one of them uses red for GRD and black for 5V, it has been known!).
That was it!! I just tested it and it works! Many thanks!

hey guys,
sorry for digging such an old topic.
i'm planning to do this myself , using this pedal set:
upload_2020-1-6_18-35-35.png

I was wondering if you have any extra information or tips about the operation.
Also, any feedback about those pedals? should be better than the logitech dfgt, no?...

thanks!

edit: nevermind :)

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-6_18-35-24.png
    upload_2020-1-6_18-35-24.png
    137.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Back