DFGT,was gonna take it back...THEN...

  • Thread starter Thread starter BPMayo
  • 31 comments
  • 3,156 views
Messages
7
Messages
BradleyPMayo
...I changed the settings.

So I finally bought the Driving Force GT wheel being that I've been sick for a while and havent had alot to do. Well, Game Stop lets you take accessories back for a week and I told the guy I was likely going to bring it back because before I didnt even use the analog sticks on the controller. I played for a couple days with the wheel and HATED it. It felt like everything pushed(understeered) WAY worse than with the buttons on the controller and the thing would keep doing this tank slap type thing where it would wag back and forth and spin out. I was all ready to take the thing back when I found in the controls menu that you could change "modes" from amature to simulation. It said that simulation was going to be extremely difficult in the little description at the bottom of the screen but being that I've road raced cars in real life for the last ten years I thought I'd give it a shot...

Totally different machine. It is SO much fun to play now. I'm even doing the stupid boring races that you have to use 65hp cars because even THAT is fun. So, if anyone has bought one and stuck it in the closet because they didnt like it or they took it back like I was about to do....get it back out and change the settings. If you know anything about driving a car the SIMULATION setting is the one you want.

One pointer though, in mid/rear engine cars, with the DFGT you have to drive like you would in real life so late braking IS NOT AN OPTION like it is for some reason with the controller.

I hope this is helpful to anyone thinking about getting the wheel, and keep in mind that Game Stop will let you take it back if you dont like it.
 
I didnt think the Simulation setting applied to the DFGT?.

Somebody correct me if thats wrong.

AA
 
AngloAmerican
I didnt think the Simulation setting applied to the DFGT?.

Somebody correct me if thats wrong.

AA

It's an option for the DFGT, I use it on mine.
 
I don't know if it affects g25 but from day one I've had it on simulation.
 
I didnt think the Simulation setting applied to the DFGT?.

Somebody correct me if thats wrong.

AA

I'm fairly sure it does,I have the DFGT also and noticed a difference when I turned on simulation.Could've been all in my head though :scared:
 
Hmmm maybe im confusing it with another setting.

Anyway im glad yours seems much better now.

Mine used to be great, until an update to the game (i forget which one). Ever since then the feedback has been cut dramatically, and the wheel feels kinda lifeless.

Ive read on here that actually lowering the feedback setting (as weird as it sounds) does bring more feeling into the cars, so thats my project for a little later.

AA
 
Hmmm maybe im confusing it with another setting.

Anyway im glad yours seems much better now.

Mine used to be great, until an update to the game (i forget which one). Ever since then the feedback has been cut dramatically, and the wheel feels kinda lifeless.

Ive read on here that actually lowering the feedback setting (as weird as it sounds) does bring more feeling into the cars, so thats my project for a little later.

AA
let me know if it does,i got mine set to 8 i believe
 
I have that wheel and I hate it so much. I shall try this out and hopefully learn to love the wheel like millions of people on here do
 
I'm fairly sure it does,I have the DFGT also and noticed a difference when I turned on simulation.Could've been all in my head though :scared:

It's all in your head. The description for the Am/Pro/Sim setting says it only applies to the GT FORCE, Driving Force, and Driving Force EX wheels. Also, When you click that setting, those three wheels are highlighted while the Driving Force Pro and Driving Force GT are dimmed out.

Then, when you select "Power Assisted Steering" and "Feedback Strength", the DFGT and Driving Force Pro are highlighted while the other three wheels are dimmed out.

The OP just got used to the wheel ... same thing happened with me, I got to level 33 with the controller and did not like the wheel at first, but after about a week I started liking it more and more.
 
It's all in your head. The description for the Am/Pro/Sim setting says it only applies to the GT FORCE, Driving Force, and Driving Force EX wheels. Also, When you click that setting, those three wheels are highlighted while the Driving Force Pro and Driving Force GT are dimmed out.

Then, when you select "Power Assisted Steering" and "Feedback Strength", the DFGT and Driving Force Pro are highlighted while the other three wheels are dimmed out.

The OP just got used to the wheel ... same thing happened with me, I got to level 33 with the controller and did not like the wheel at first, but after about a week I started liking it more and more.

hmm,now im concerned for my mental stability..I swore I found a difference LOL
 
changing the settings doesn't even affect the DFGT. it's just a placebo effect.
 
So i wasnt confused with the settings??....:lol:

AA
 
Well, I'm still convinced it did something. It had to have. I'm talking like 10 seconds a lap on the top gear test track with every car. I could barely get my hopped up F40 around that track before changing the settings. Had a buddy with me when I switched it and he said the same.

I'll do a back to back test here in a bit...
 
I changed that setting on a DFGT and I was sure it made a difference, im not trying to say it did do anything just that I felt that it did. It may well just be placebo

Im gonna fiddle with it tonight
 
Another "revelation" debunked :lol:
 
In Prologue the difference between them was huge, expecially in time trials. In the early days of GT5 I remember I've tried booth and "simulation" is what I liked most, it's more predictable, you can feel the car better and knowing what to expect from it is a nice feeling, and no, it's not placebo, some of you are giving too much importance to those fake a§§ menus.
 
...I changed the settings.

So I finally bought the Driving Force GT wheel being that I've been sick for a while and havent had alot to do. Well, Game Stop lets you take accessories back for a week and I told the guy I was likely going to bring it back because before I didnt even use the analog sticks on the controller.

I don't understand the reason for BPMayo for saying he's likely to take the DFGT back to GameStop. Before he bought the DFGT, he said he didn't use the analog sticks for the controller so surely he would stick to the DFGT because it's not like an anlog stick?
 
The force feedback in Prologue felt a lot better than in GT5 (from what I can remember). However, I have been doing the British Lightweight Seasonal with the Caterham 7 and it feels pretty epic!
 
So, anyone have some tip to how to stop the brake pedal to brake by itself ?
It only brake a little but it is enough to make me slower, or when i stop i can't move the car, so i pull the brake up to it stop.
It's very annoying and it takes all my concetration and fun to play the game. u.u
 
So, anyone have some tip to how to stop the brake pedal to brake by itself ?
It only brake a little but it is enough to make me slower, or when i stop i can't move the car, so i pull the brake up to it stop.
It's very annoying and it takes all my concetration and fun to play the game. u.u

There's two brakes in the game, one is the regular, and the other is the emergency/parking brake. Sounds like you're engaging the e-brake, check to see if your buttons are mapped properly for the wheel.
 
Before I got my DFGT I read around a bit and found that some experienced that the brake pedal didn't "reset" properly. I myself haven't had this problem but one solution seemed to be putting a stressball under the pedal to make it bounce back and in the process also making it a bit stiffer like a real brake pedal
 
So, anyone have some tip to how to stop the brake pedal to brake by itself ?
It only brake a little but it is enough to make me slower, or when i stop i can't move the car, so i pull the brake up to it stop.
It's very annoying and it takes all my concetration and fun to play the game. u.u

I'd love to help, but those are not complete sentences. I really have no idea what your problem is?
 
The force feedback in Prologue felt a lot better than in GT5 (from what I can remember).

Yes I notice this BIG TIME with the F1 cars.
 
I'd love to help, but those are not complete sentences. I really have no idea what your problem is?

Yeah, my english isn't very good but others peoples understood what i said.

And Parabulla, isn't the e-brake that is activing, it's the normal brakes. I tried a plastic bag on the brake put it's not working anymore. I'll try the stressball to see if it gets better.

PS: Read my signature.
 
Yeah, my english isn't very good but others peoples understood what i said.

And Parabulla, isn't the e-brake that is activing, it's the normal brakes. I tried a plastic bag on the brake put it's not working anymore. I'll try the stressball to see if it gets better.

PS: Read my signature.

Coco, so your saying that when you press and release the brake pedal, it stays depressed? It doesn't return to full height?

If that's the case, you have a broken return spring in the pedals. This is a manufacturer defect and should be covered by warranty. It is also a replacement part if you want to do the work yourself.
 
Yeah, my english isn't very good but others peoples understood what i said.

And Parabulla, isn't the e-brake that is activing, it's the normal brakes. I tried a plastic bag on the brake put it's not working anymore. I'll try the stressball to see if it gets better.

PS: Read my signature.

Try this.
 
Thats a good link, and something I may try at some point 👍

Cocomoto...

Try holding the brake and gas pedals fully down while the game boots up, and then release them when you get to main menu

Might help :)
 
Coco, so your saying that when you press and release the brake pedal, it stays depressed? It doesn't return to full height?

If that's the case, you have a broken return spring in the pedals. This is a manufacturer defect and should be covered by warranty. It is also a replacement part if you want to do the work yourself.

Exactly ! But in the naked eye you can't see that the pedal is depressed, it's only a little bit. In the online(that i wasn't able to play right now because i can't change my PSN Password) it's so frustating, i have to desconnect and connect again the pedal plugs a lot of times in the race sometimes.
 
To anyone having brake pedal problems on the DFGT, just push the pedal all the way down while in the game when you first start it up and it will work properly until you quit the entire game.
 
Back