DFP Invert Gas/Brake Pedals

• Thread starter Pimento
  • 14 comments
i never liked the pedals position, so i decided to invert the pedals and mount it on wall (rally/gt style).

It's very easy.

1 Open the pedals case.After removing all screws, aply some force with a knife or something like that to open the case.

2 Inside you can see 2 potenciometrs, 3 terminals in wich one.

Gas
2 Red wires
1 White wire
2 Black wires

Brake
1 Red
1 green
1 black

3 Now we have to invert the wires.
Gas goes to brake and vice versa.
Also invert the polarity. Shoud be something like this:

Gas Red ----- Brake Black
Gas White ----- Brake Green
Gas Black ----- Brake Red

4 Mounting should be done in the reverse order.

Springs have position, it's easy to see.
The potenciometers also have a slot where they are fitted.

Now you can mount the pedals on a wall.

For me it's much more confortable.

Last edited:
Pics please. Ive been dying to do this for some time. How do the pedals feel now? Does the gas feel different with the shorter travel and how does the brake feel with less resistance and more travel??

sorry i just mount the pedals on the wall and i don't fell like taking all apart again. it's not complicated just open it and you see for your self.

Resistance, i use the bungie mod so it fells the same.

Travel, i didn't notice the diference.

As i said here are some pics of my DFP

dscf2106i.jpg

dscf2099o.jpg

dscf2101s.jpg

I'm going to do this mod once the warranty on my DFGT is up. Brand new unit and I've only got 5 months left on the warranty.....

I was expecting something at least 20% cooler.

No offense, but your first narrative made it sound like that. :P

So you basically just switched the pots? Did you explore the possibility of switching the pedal's position to better correspond with gas and brake?

well... this is what i have. what did you expect?

Only one side of the pedals have a slot to fit the potenciometers, i tryied to change the pedals position but couldnt do it.

well... this is what i have. what did you expect?

Only one side of the pedals have a slot to fit the potenciometers, i tryied to change the pedals position but couldnt do it.

try moving the black plastic gear to the other side of each pedals pivot point and jb weld it in place

i havnt tried this my self but i took a look inside and it could work the only thing im not sure about is the larger black spring in the brake pedal i think it needs its own place to go but theres always a way to make a place for it

if any one has tried out swapping the pedals you should post a picture and explain what u had to do it would be greatly apreciated

Sorry for the necropost lmao, but ive just been messing with my ps3 era DFGT i bought second hand a few months ago and wanted to build a rig for it with inverted pedals to play F1 2010, i switched the wires around but switched red with red and black with black, causing all sorts of problems when all hooked up, how come the polarity needs to be revesed? Whys it all ****ing up for me? (Im about to change it now)

Why isnt red just power and black just earth?

Back