Dialy races, demolition derby

Belgium
Belgium
It really starts to get on my nerves: In 50-70% of the races I get bumped off track by someone behind me, most of the times deliberately. There is never a penalty for the guy, NEVER EVER !!!. This creates dirty drivers. I really want to race clean but this is impossible. Most often it is in the first lap, when everyone is close together: at the first curve I have to brake, and then I get bumped of the track, so the guy wins 1 place without penalty. They use this as a tactic to move up in ranking, never mind the others...This week alone I was bumped off 8 times, from 2° or 3° position to 15th position or even worse at the rear of the pack. Not very motivating. I'm not going to start about the sucking penalty system (enough complaints already about that), but is there any way to avoid getting bumped off like this? Most of the times they bump you at the rear side end of the car (left or right), so the car spins out, or they bump right from behind so that you are ejected forward off the track. I already thought about quitting this stupid game and go for another race game with a real penalty system. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Luc

A clean but very frustrated racer

Unfortunately in GTS there is no way out really. The best thing you can do is to try to get into higher lobbys. There are still to much over-motivated guys there who destroy races but at least they mostly know where you have to brake in slipstream and where on track you can overtake and where not. Additionally, looking from high A/ low A+ upwards, there are less different people so they know each other and fear the revenge in next races.

But, anyway, this doesnt help all the lower lobbys which make >90% of all. I dont know the other games but it sounds that for example in iRacing or Assetto Corsa you dont have that kind of carnage because of heavy damage turned on and other kind of players (maybe more ppl who are interested in setup &/ or motorsport fans who know racing rules).

Sometimes it pays off to hold back at T1 and then pass the carnage that happens in front of you, or go really tight inside keeping an eye on the radar for dive bombers. Learning countersteering from the dive bombers, pits, and side swipers is also helpful.

Last edited:
Sometimes it pays off to hold back at T1 and then pass the carnage that happens in front of you, or go really tight inside keeping an eye on the radar for dive bombers. Learning countersteering from the dive bombers, pits, and side swipers is also helpful.

This. If you can't get tight to the inside on T1, let people past and let the carnage play out in front of you. Also, until someone proves to you otherwise, assume that if they're less than a second behind you they're going to lunge for the corner underneath you. Either take a defensive line or hold up just enough that they'll fly past you (often into the runoff) then you can undercut them.

Try to keep your nose clean and collect points to your Sportsmanship Rating.
Higher ranks don't assure you completely trouble free races, but it gets a lot better and then you can build on your Driver Rating.

For what I can see, except iRacing, other series not so different. Heavy damage could be a factor to reduce intended contact but can hurt on the other end, specially casual players, as some rub on a barrier or wall could destroy a race.

iRacing has a better penalty system and further (human) review of conduct could be requested, not so odd some guys getting temporary bans by jackass behavior.
But be aware it is a pure simulation platform, not for casual players, you must have a serious pc hardware and the economics of it could be appalling (membership + car packs + track packs) and still a ladder to build ranks from

To everybody: thanks for your suggestions and sorry for my late reply.
@pedrocor: collecting points in SR rating is not the solution as I am already SR:S with 99 points

There is no escaping as long as this penalty system exists.
My suggestion for the penalty system would be (but I doubt PD will give a damn):
1. 1000 points penalty system divided into 6 groups:
E.: 0-100 points: Dirty Harry and the scumbags
D.: 100-300 points: Trying to get out of this mess
C.: 300-500 points: Light at the end of the tunnel, but still far away
B.: 500-700 points: Upper middle class: what a relief
A.: 700-900 points: The good guys, nice racing but not yet the very top
S.: 900-1000 points: the gentlemen drivers lobby

It should be hard to get there, not in 3-4 races, like is the case now. Now everybody drives in SR:S class... There should be penalties for every serious bump that gets another car of the track, or spinning...

2. Introduction of the Black Flag (like in real racing). For sever aggressive misdemeanors (like shooting yourself in a group of cars like a torpedo) you should get the Black Flag: immediately removed from the game. Black Flag = - 500 points in SR rating. Second Black Flag = GT Sport licence revoked for 1 month etc...

3. Give a penalty for WEAVING : this is very Un-sportsmanship and it is actually forbidden I think

4. Give a penalty for pushing a car of the track or against the wall tor crash barrier: when you do this deliberately in real life you are a murderer!

5. Abandon the Penalty Lanes. This is not realistic. When you have 1 or 2 cars in front in you with a penalty, they block your sight in the penaltyzone, and if you are too close behind you have to avoid them to avoid a collision when they "de-ghost" in front of your nose. This creates a slow object on the road, so the one who comes behind is punished for this because he has to take evasive action and has to leave the ideal racing line.
Just ad up all the penalties in the race and at the end, when the race is finished they should calculate the penalties in the results.

As this will never happen, I shall keep on dreaming...

Have a nice race

TTry to keep your nose clean and collect points to your Sportsmanship Rating.
Higher ranks don't assure you completely trouble free races, but it gets a lot better

No, it doesn't. It's the other way around actually. The higher the SR/DR, the more clowns who will do the most ridiculous and desperate things to gain a position.

collecting points in SR rating is not the solution as I am already SR:S with 99 points

Exactly. Everybody's SR 99 now. I can't even imagine how dirty you have to be to not be SR 99 with this "penalty system". :lol:

The only thing you can really do is work on car positioning in the corners, keep an eye on the radar for cars sneaking up the inside or sitting on your tail, and take evasive lines which mean the dive-bombers fly past, the side-swipers don't get a chance to run you wide, and the bumper car drivers don't have a chance to punt you through the corner. It's easier said than done, but it comes with copious amounts of practice, and still can't be guaranteed.

The only thing you can really do is work on car positioning in the corners, keep an eye on the radar for cars sneaking up the inside or sitting on your tail, and take evasive lines which mean the dive-bombers fly past, the side-swipers don't get a chance to run you wide, and the bumper car drivers don't have a chance to punt you through the corner. It's easier said than done, but it comes with copious amounts of practice, and still can't be guaranteed.

Will he even have time to race while doing all this? :lol:

Yep, always be a gentleman and maintain your position at T1 because the guys who try to create chaos are the least skilled on the track.

Last edited:
You could also avoid the dailies altogether, try running in the FIA races. There are still morons there but you will have a better chance to raise your DR, the racing is so much better and you will race with the same people on multiple occasions and will learn who to watch out for.

It varies by events. Usually by Monday evening I’ve already worked out which of the 3 dailies I’ll just avoid completely due to the toxic players.

Race A at Laguna Seca a couple of weeks ago was a good example. By the time Monday was done I’d played 5 straight attempts at Race A and got rammed off track every single time. It was laughable.

Back