• Stock 2 Pedal Set

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • T3PA

Votes: 18 94.7%

• Total voters
Germany
Cologne/Germany
PirovacBoy
Like I mentioned in my question above, i‘d really like to hear some opinions here. My background is, this is my first Wheel/Pedal Set ever( T150 with 2 Pedal Set). I bought it about 2 Months ago and to be honest, I really like it. I read so much about the so called crappy Pedals and that they shall be the biggest garbage and Blabla, but I cannot confirm that.
So yesterday I ordered some T3PA Set, and now convince me that I made a smart buy. What can I expect?

I have the T150 as well, with the original pedals.....until my puppy chewed through the cable, so i bought the T3PA set, in my opinion a far better option

Ok cool and why are they better?
The main thing i think is that there is some progression in the brake. The standard pedals have linear travel and force all the way while the T3PA have conical rubber in the pedal. This allows to brake more on feel then on muscle and travel memory.

The main thing i think is that there is some progression in the brake. The standard pedals have linear travel and force all the way while the T3PA have conical rubber in the pedal. This allows to brake more on feel then on muscle and travel memory.
Sounds great so far, I hope it won’t take too much transition from my current pedals. I‘m already quite used to them. Hopefully my lap times will profit at least a bit.

Sounds great so far, I hope it won’t take too much transition from my current pedals. I‘m already quite used to them. Hopefully my lap times will profit at least a bit.
I dont have the set myself but the progression in the brake should definetly help. I have a old G27 pedal set wich comes standard with a linear spring in the brake. Swapped it for a progresive spring from GTEYE, it definetly helped.

I dont have the set myself but the progression in the brake should definetly help. I have a old G27 pedal set wich comes standard with a linear spring in the brake. Swapped it for a progresive spring from GTEYE, it definetly helped.
I hope to get a better feeling while trailbraking. I‘ll see if it‘ll help. Is it complicated to change the springs. I have two left hands, although I don’t think i‘ll have to change them in the beginning.

T3PA are an improvement over the stock pedals, conical brake mod adds a little feel to the end of the travel but not a huge amount, it does mean you have to press harder to reach maximum brake position. With a wheel stand this can cause hanging onto the wheel to occur when the pedals are pressed...

My pedals have a pretty big dead zone, which doesn't help with accuracy, I should take them apart and adjust the potentiometer now they are out of warranty.

I bought them mainly for the clutch, as I have the H-pattern, this is fantastic in Assetto Corsa, but crappy in GTS due to poor clutch implementation in that game.

Sum up, cheap cheerful three pedal solution ;)

I'm at where @PirovacBoy was a few days ago... and thinking real hard on ordering a different pedal set.
I've too have the T150 with standard pedals, and have tried the furniture mod, the pool noodle mod, and neither are a significant improvement IMO.
So much so, that I have removed both "mods".
I'm loosing spots under braking, and while I can admit some of that may be do to skill, or lack there of, the brake just has no feel and is tough to get right/modulate.

So, my question is... T3PA or T3PA pro? Outside of the pro being metal, is there any advantages?

I'm at where @PirovacBoy was a few days ago... and thinking real hard on ordering a different pedal set.
I've too have the T150 with standard pedals, and have tried the furniture mod, the pool noodle mod, and neither are a significant improvement IMO.
So much so, that I have removed both "mods".
I'm loosing spots under braking, and while I can admit some of that may be do to skill, or lack there of, the brake just has no feel and is tough to get right/modulate.

So, my question is... T3PA or T3PA pro? Outside of the pro being metal, is there any advantages?
The Pro's being metal is a big advantage in and of itself (I've run a set of stock T150 pedals, stock T300 pedals, T3PA pedals and T3PA Pro's).

The added weight makes them more stable and the metal construction certainly seems to make them smoother in operation, while they run the same conical mod, it does mount differently and has more adjustment on the Pro's. The Pro's can also be inverted.

You can also get upgraded mods for the Pro's that are not currently available for the stock T3PA's:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/johnhyde04?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

However it does come down to how much you can get each for, I only upgraded to the Pro's as I found them on Amazon for a silly price (£120), which happens from time to time. as the difference at full retail is quite a bit more.

The standard T3PAs are good and significantly better than stock T150/T300 pedals, but if you can justify the additional cost then the Pro's are the ones to go for.

I bought the T3PAs mainly for the clutch as I wanted a shifter.
As @Scaff said the metal construction has indeed made them smoother with a better (heavier) brake feel.
I personally have removed the conical brake mod as it was a bit too stiff at the bottom end of travel for me.
If you run sim shoes the mod is great, if you run socks like me your foot might get sore after a long session.

I hope to get a better feeling while trailbraking. I‘ll see if it‘ll help. Is it complicated to change the springs. I have two left hands, although I don’t think i‘ll have to change them in the beginning.
I think you might misunderstood me. The springs are for the logitech g27 pedals i have. I dont think you can change the springs on a T3PA. The point i was trying to make is that main improvement will be in the feel of the brake pedal wich is the most important pedal imo.

I think you might misunderstood me. The springs are for the logitech g27 pedals i have. I dont think you can change the springs on a T3PA. The point i was trying to make is that main improvement will be in the feel of the brake pedal wich is the most important pedal imo.
I understood that you mentioned it for your g27 Pedals. But I think that the throttle should also be mentioned as it’s definitely a main factor when trying to modulate both Throttle and brake. This is what I found on the Net
https://www.mardomedia.de/verenset-voor-thrustmaster-t3pa-pro-pedalen.html.
It’s a complete Allround Set. I just don’t want to mess up my new pedals, as I have warranty. I think i‘ll be fine with the stock springs at the beginning. Once they wore out and the warranty is over i‘ll Give those a try, maybe.

I bought the T3PAs mainly for the clutch as I wanted a shifter.
As @Scaff said the metal construction has indeed made them smoother with a better (heavier) brake feel.
I personally have removed the conical brake mod as it was a bit too stiff at the bottom end of travel for me.
If you run sim shoes the mod is great, if you run socks like me your foot might get sore after a long session.
What’s your opinion on the throttle Pedal. How is it compared to the stock ones. Any noticeable difference?

The Pro's being metal is a big advantage in and of itself (I've run a set of stock T150 pedals, stock T300 pedals, T3PA pedals and T3PA Pro's).

The added weight makes them more stable and the metal construction certainly seems to make them smoother in operation, while they run the same conical mod, it does mount differently and has more adjustment on the Pro's. The Pro's can also be inverted.

You can also get upgraded mods for the Pro's that are not currently available for the stock T3PA's:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/johnhyde04?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

However it does come down to how much you can get each for, I only upgraded to the Pro's as I found them on Amazon for a silly price (£120), which happens from time to time. as the difference at full retail is quite a bit more.

The standard T3PAs are good and significantly better than stock T150/T300 pedals, but if you can justify the additional cost then the Pro's are the ones to go for.
Does the throttle Pedal also have any noticeable difference compared to the stock ones. I mean everyone is talking about the brake pedal being definitely better, but how about the other ones?

Does the throttle Pedal also have any noticeable difference compared to the stock ones. I mean everyone is talking about the brake pedal being definitely better, but how about the other ones?
The spring certainly is better that the stock T3PA's for the throttle, and it doesn't squeak (which my T3PA's started doing).

The spring certainly is better that the stock T3PA's for the throttle, and it doesn't squeak (which my T3PA's started doing).
So I should have a better feeling for acceleration on the T3PA, did I get you right?

Ok guys for now I just want to thank all of you and I really appreciate all your comments and informations regarding to my thread. I‘m really looking forward to get my new pedals and test them out for my own. Maybe i‘ll Be back with some questions, until then, cheers:cheers:

What’s your opinion on the throttle Pedal. How is it compared to the stock ones. Any noticeable difference?

A few ounces heavier than stock really because the metal vs plastic.
The biggest positive difference for me is I'm a big guy with big feet so the ability to adjust them apart is much appreciated!

@PirovacBoy ... just got done playing with mt t3pa pro set... I really thought the "cone" was a gimmic and was excited the pro came with a spring mod... well, so far I am liking the cone better.
You saved yourself $50 and still got the cone, so, I think you made the right choice.
On top of that, my playseat challenge is now ~20lbs heavier.

@PirovacBoy ... just got done playing with mt t3pa pro set... I really thought the "cone" was a gimmic and was excited the pro came with a spring mod... well, so far I am liking the cone better.
You saved yourself $50 and still got the cone, so, I think you made the right choice.
On top of that, my playseat challenge is now ~20lbs heavier.
I hope I made the right decision. I paid 55 € on a sale event.

Back