Did they change the penalties recently?

• Thread starter gapper59
  • 3 comments
United States
Addison IL.
I got sandwiched between 2 cars today in daily race C, both cars closed in on me and I got a 5 second penalty.
I got it down to 3.5 seconds before the finish line, and I'm pretty sure it was the only contact I hade.
Ended up losing 20 SR points.

So, did they change it back to a big SR hit if you don't scrub off the penalty before the race is over?
Last I heard, if it was under 10 seconds there's no big SR hit besides the contact its self.

Thanks for any help

Since no one's replying there was some changes to penalties with the update at the end of July which have meant there is
reduced SR available for races and more chance to loose SR dependant on the number of penalties you incur.

I am not sure what the rules are if you have a penalty at the end of the race still since I try to get rid of mine asap but
loosing 20+ points is entirely possible now which is why I am back in SR B so tread carefully in races.

1 contact with orange SR generally results in no DR loss, 2 orange SR and you're SR will still be kept same but anything more
and you can loose points.

How many bumps were there during the sandwich manoever? Every bump costs SR, it adds up quickly if you become the pinball between 2 cars. A 5 sec penalty is quite severe since the penalties all got reduced, so that certainly cost you a lot of SR points.

It doesn't matter when you scrub or not scrub at all. It does matter how many SR up arrows you collected during the rest of the race.

Thanks to you both.

How many bumps were there during the sandwich manoever? Every bump costs SR, it adds up quickly if you become the pinball between 2 cars. A 5 sec penalty is quite severe since the penalties all got reduced, so that certainly cost you a lot of SR points.

It doesn't matter when you scrub or not scrub at all. It does matter how many SR up arrows you collected during the rest of the race.

Yep, I got side bumped at least 4 times while holding a straight line but had no where to go.
So I guess it explains -20 SR.

My SR has been taking a beating lately mostly do to ridiculous penalties, I was kinda
fed up and really didn't care at that point. Went from DR/A SR/S to C-D after that.

Finally got tired of being on pins and needles every time I tried passing in a turn, not going to sweet it
any more, but its good to know you don't have to scrub it unless its up to 10 sec. (I think)

Thanks again

Back